SAU Community

Bob Jane Toombul

Revhead

Just thought I'd pass on my positive experience with these guys. Some of you may remember that we had a members' night there early last year and were issued with some VIP cards.

Anyway, I rang to price some wheels, and ended up driving in (from the other side of Ipswich) to speak to Tony. As soon as I mentioned SAU he said "no worries, we'll look after you", and helped me select wheels and tyres. I'm not the most decisive person on the planet so this took a while, but Tony was quite patient. I decided against 18s because of recurrent cost (due to the number of kays I do) on Tony's advice.

Despite not having an appointment, the guys managed to squeeze me in and I drove out with a fresh set of 17x8 ROH 'Drift R' wheels and Falken 235/45ZR17 rubber, for a very competitive price.

I should also mention that they were VERY careful putting the wheels on, using a cross brace instead of air tools and ensuring that the balancing machinery didn't scratch the rims. To top it off, the car drives very nicely, not a single shake and the wheel sits perfectly straight.

The service was fantastic, the staff were friendly, and the price and quality of the product is outstanding. I am one happy customer :(

I've had an alignment, and just 3 weeks ago had 2 new Eagle F1 hoops put on. Steve is champ. always looks after me. matched an awesome price, fitted me in at time good for me. no complaints at all. great service and great product.

for my dunlop 901's 225/16/50 for $130 but you wont get that cause i was lucky that they where out of the tyre i was looking for so they rang the HQ and thats what i got for the price, the wheels are worth between $250 and $290

i needed 4 new tyres on my silvia/onevia as i'd worn the insides of the front and the rears were stuffed from last trip to the mt cotton skid pan. I picked up 4 2nd hand tyres, front were 225 and rear 265 in 18's for the car for $300. The fronts were pirelli p zero's and the rear were bridgestone S 02's. These were 2nd hand but they have heaps of tread left on them. It was great cuz like everyone else i was broke so shortly after xmas. This was thru a guy named michael at all round tyrepower near the albion overpass.

Bob Jane at Toombul is about the only Bob Jane I have ever been to...and it was only out of necessity. They had great service and I will only use a wheel brace which they were happy to use for me.

The only other places I go for good wheels and even better tyre deal are Quickfit at Newmarket (Scott) or Yerongpilly (Jason). The Yerongpilly store also do Dunlop motorsport so you can get good track tyres for good prices.

If you are in the need for tyres due to better prices I would go and see Jason, just mention my name and he will help you out personally (not in the way some of you may like though...)

Cheers

Neill

i need to get my wheel alignment done asap. are they any good?

dun take it the wrong way though... i have been down to BobJane at Taringa and they did my wheel alignment 3 times but was still terrible. had to take it down to TyreSelect to get it done properly.

btw, anyone knows TyreSelect new addy?

thks

glenn

that sounds great guys almost funny.Every tyre shop will balance tyres and use what ever not to scratch your mags.Would you pay for a job if your wheels were scratched...????? Guys this is common service you will find from any reputable tyre shop.The only question to be asked from tyre shops is what is your price.....

i need to get my wheel alignment done asap. are they any good?

i just got a wheel alignment done by nissan at woollongabba

serious, my car feels brand new

couldnt recommend them highly enough;

make sure they are doing a 4 wheel alignment also!

i picked up some new tyres coz my fronts had worn their insides off

pick up some tritech tyres (never heard of em, but apparently they are pretty good) for 297 each from goodyear at woollongabba

235/40/18's arent cheap :(

was there today. called at 3 and managed to squeeze in an appt at 4 to get my wheels alignment done. great service & great conversation with Manny or Manuel :confused:

btw, SAU members do get a couple of dollars off the usual price.

paul - Manny/Manuel likes your 31 :rofl: he thinks its crazy.