SAU Community

Greetings from japan

carlo

Hey guys..

Just a big hello from all of us in the motherland. Damm cold but japan is awesome, very awesome. Shall put up heaps of photos on my return..

DSC04328.jpg

(hrm.. my website is still marking the photos as 2003.. but I assure you that was taken last night) hehe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No hijack intended but I just got this from a mate who's there right now too...

-------------------------

think i will just pick up an ipod for myself.

dont worry tokyo auto salon all organised. The location is about 10 minutes on the train from where i am staying so am going to it on saturday morning.

dude it is farking hard to find second hand car parts places when you can't speak the language so search for your turbo not going well but maybe i will get a couple of clues on saturday. how much did you want to pay for it? cant wait til saturday its going to ****ing rock at that!!! there are so many cool skylines over here....its getting to the stage that i am almost sick of them and the chrome rims that are on every second car....taragos with body kits and big chrome rims is still really hard to get used to though!!

-------------------------

Adrian

Hey guys...

Just an update. Today we went cruised around a bit and saw some sights. We hopped into cabs (there is a funny story with that, which I will tell in person) and cruised over to super autobacs in Chiba. Well firstly the place rocks, however the didnt have any of the things I wanted in stock. lame...

The carpark was full of exotics, andrew and dallas would be pleased as we counted about 5 hotted up Series 6/7 Rx7's. Including this yellow one which we perved on until the car alarm went nuts. (see photos)

Inside I brought a few odds and ends, nismo junk, racing gloves etc. The other guys got a few odds and ends, like car stereos, waste gate actuators etc etc. After that we went next door to this place which had CD/DVD in english on the door. Turned out to be a big 2nd hand games store / new and used music and dvd store. I have NEVER seen so many snes games in my life. You can get game boy colours (the old ones) for 15 bucks 2nd hand.

After that we saw this building that had "games" so we went in. Turned out to be a game hall / pokies room. We tried getting a toy snoopy from one of those lame claw game things, but lost. The lady there thought we where funny and tried to help. Was good fun.

We bailed from that and headed into a local chiba shopping centre, I brought a few astro boy toys and the other guys brought model cars and airsoft guns.

We grabbed dinner at a jap place, was awesome food. I had these chicken wings to die for. Soooo nice.

Then we went into Shinjuku to check out the action, was quite late (10pm) and the shops where starting to close so we headed back to chiba and walked back to chibaminto where the hotel is.

Was a top day, saw heaps of cool things. Took heaps of photos (but could only upload a few.. Internet is sllloooowww from here.. Damm dial up through a PABX).

Hope all is well in oz..

DSC04474.jpg

This thing was PHAT! So phat that us just looking at it was enough to set off the alarm system. Very sexy car indeed..

DSC04547.jpg

Ohhh the goodness.. I dont need to tell you what this is.

DSC04550.jpg

Such sexy men!

Ahh morning all.

1:44 here - as Carlo mentioned we have just got home after walking form Chiba (Trains stop after midnight) - its 3 degrees here so slightly on the chilly side.

Today was tops - Super Autobacs Naganoma, although awesome to explore left a bit to be desired in terms of stock but hey what can you do.

At least 4 of our group are now armed in airsoft weaponry so its been an interesting afternoon of hotel room skirmish.

Tokyo Autosalon tommorrow so shitloads more photos to come - I have around 500 so far.

Anyhow my bourbons finished so im off to sleep.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Merli: Looking into the extension kits - Autobacs has to order and Up Garage wont get for us.

Later!

Hey kids..

Got a signed document wallet signed by the URAS monkey man guy.. Was cool. (Andrew: Nick says he will hook you up).

Autosalon is awesome...

DSC04628.jpg

I met the guys from pheonix power

DSC04679.jpg

DSC04606.jpg

Sorry for the shit quality, I had to do it to upload the photos..

Hope everyone in aus is doing well..

12:25 here peeps.

What a day its been. We had an early start and headed out to TAS and met with Demon Dave and Rezz before entering the real Autosalon that puts Sydneys effort to shame.

So many nice pics to come. Most of us have spent way too much cash - we filled a trolley with gear at the Ichikawa Super Autobacs store tonight so we are feeling the dent in our wallets as we speak.

Lots of cool shit here.........awesome cars on every street corner. B-man you would dig the sheer number of crazy pimp cars with insane camber and some with airbag suspension.

We are heading back to TAS tommorrow - its really not possible to get the whole show covered in 1 day.

Stay tuned... more to come later.

;)