SAU Community

anyone down sth rd this afternoon?

inark

hahaha my aunty cracks me up...

i get home after a long day at work... as soon as i walk in the door.

sister: "aunty just ran over a fire hydrant and theres water everywhere"

/gets location, grabs camera and jumps back in the car

and here it is for u :(

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

i found this one quite ironic... name of the appliance is so fitting

5.jpg

hahaha i couldnt tell u how much this made my day... even the MFB were cracking up... my aunty wanted to go down the bottle store about 10 seconds away to get some smokes... we came back and one of the guys said "should have got a couple of cans while ur down there :)"

it was like that for about 2 hours... the amount of water that would have poured out of there over that time which ran down the adjacent street must have been huge!

the amount of people going past tooting and waving was funny as too... we (my uncle ended up coming down and my cousins gf) were pissing ourselves.

definately a good start to the weekend (thursday is my friday :( )

yeah reversed...

some other stupid bitch had parked right up against her car and she couldnt get out properly and tried to back out and go around... those hydrants arent that high and she didnt see it when reversing and ran it over...

not thinking she tried to move forward but luckily for her the force of the water and the hydrant lifted her rear wheels too far off the ground. if she managed to move off she would have died the fire dude said cause the force of the water would have shot right into the powerline above and more than likely caused the wires to break and of course electricute her and take out half of moorabbins power :(

as for the bill... still waiting to hear about the insurance :( was a company car but she wasnt named as a driver... going to be interesting

LoL

she is ok then I take it...

that dying part sounds like a long shot though, i mean the pressure on the powerline would have to be enormous to bring the pole / powerline down...anyways, if only you could send it into funniest home videos, or something...

dale - the fire guy said cause it had enough pressure to shot over 30ft in the air... it lifted the car off the ground ;) not the pole but he said it would have severed a line.

ash - u and me both :(

james... dont think it was.

damage to the fuel tank, rear bar and water damage to the interior and electrics... probably a write off :(