SAU Community

Qld Police Traffic Squad

unwritten law

I got this by email this morning - i think its from the WRX forums. Where is the old thread regarding the 'hoon squad' ??? looks like it has gone missing with the website upgrades ???

here goes.....

Over the last few weeks, I have compiled the following list which indicates

the latest additions to the Qld Police Force fleet of traffic squad

vehicles. These vehicles are all unmarked police cars and have been used

for entrapment purposes - that is, to entice the driver to commit an

offence under the Traffic Infringement Act so as to raise revenue. If

anyone has any further detail about these vehicles or about any other

vehicle used for direct traffic patrol on the streets of South East Qld,

please let me know. Send this around to as many people as you know.

* Holden Commodore SS Ute - Red (with Jet Pilot sticker on rear

window & fitted with video recording and speed monitoring equipment)

*Holden Commodore SS Ute - Dark Green (with no visible stickers

or markings & fitted with video recording and speed monitoring equipment)

* Holden Commodore SS Ute - Black (with Yoshimura Racing sticker

on rear window & fitted with video recording and speed monitoring

equipment)

* Holden Astra Turbo - Silver (registration no. 444 EVR - this

vehicle is not specifically used for speed infringements because its unable

to catch most sports cars on the road, however its being used primarily as

back up for the Utes).

Note that this list has been compiled from various motoring clubs that I am

involved with, primarily the WRX Club of Qld. They are the real thing

because many of my mates have been caught by these vehicles and each time,

have lost their licence. Note that radar detectors (similar to the one I

have fitted) are useless in these cases.

also be wary of a yellow vn commodore no plates 999 GKV. Its a V6 and has been resprayed and has a racing wing on the back and a few stickers on it, couldnt remember what they were. He was trying to gee me up for a race along mt lindesay hwy thru calamvale at night about a month ago. I saw a blue uniform thru his passenger window (i was in the left hand lane). then i pulled up at the next set of lights on the right hand side of him and he had his arm up on the door resting, showing his badge. He saw me look over then he quickly moved his arm away so i couldnt see his badge. I shook my head as if to say 'you f@rken prick!'

He might have just been off duty and going to work or something i dunno, but it was all bit too sus.....

The original thread is here.... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=26944

We lost quite a bit of car info in the upgrade and people stopped sending in new listings so I stopped updating it.

Feel free to steal the layout and add to this thread if you like or i could resurrect it if people are still interested, but it only works if people keep contributing to it.

i mean yeah... they are the police ... but can they do that?? entice drivers to floor the accelerator??

getting caught is 1 thing, but getting caught by the SAME guy who 'enticed' you in the first place is :hellpisd:

I've seen a few unmarked down the Pacific Mwy a bit. Seem to mainly be dark coloured late model Falcons. A few have got the ol "rear sunvisor to look like a regular joeb" but in a way that almost becomes tell-tail.

Marked patrol cop vehicles are usually Toyota Landcruisers at the side of the road - spotted fairly easily by the large snorkel from behind, or trying to blend into the bushes on the sides.

Revenue cameras seem to be cars with excessively tinted windows of up to 10 years old and a couple of aerials. Just slowing down for those sorts of cars can save you.

I heard somewhere Glenn that they couldnt intice you to do it

It’s Called "Entrapment", It is illegal for a police officer or security

guard to encourage you to break the law in order to arrest or fine you.

A Current Affair (on channel nine) @ 6:30 Monday 12-1-2004 has something on it about stupid fines whilst driving. Might be worth a watch.

:newbie:

now im really paranoid. saw an ss commodore ute, black with jetpilot sticker coming up behind me and hassling me to get past on the pacific. thought it was the fuzz, but he was flying and i had no chance of keeping up to see if it was.

all these different D cars... scary.

one thing that all these traffic cars have in common is bog stock appearance, 15% tint right around and at times a towel or blanket on the rear parcel shelf. but if common sense is that make eye contact first , The dodgey ones never makes eye contact.

hungry6: yup, they're almost *too* stock, like they just came out of the factory.

I saw another one the other day in West end/South Brisbane area crusing around, uniformed officer. Dark Blue Commonwhore, Number plate: 263 ITF (i think)