SAU Community

Operation Pipe Down - Vic Cops Vs Noisy Cars

ashneel

didnt see this posted anywhere and its THE thing thats being talked about at the moment.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive...l/Pipedown.pdf

OPERATION PIPEDOWN

On Tuesday the 20th of April 2010, Operation Pipedown, targeting excessively noisy motor vehicles and safety related offences will commence. The operation will accompany a media campaign. The operation will be conducted in the Melbourne area for a two week period, concluding on Saturday the 1st of May 2010. The media campaign will commence one week before the enforcement phase of the operation, commencing on the 13th of April, 2010. This initiative will be conducted in conjunction with:

Police Media Liaison Unit,

Melbourne University Medical Faculty,

Environment Protection Authority,

Melbourne City Council,

Safe Streets Task Force,

Region 1 TMU.

It is anticipated that various community groups together with anti-noise lobby groups will be providing their support to the media campaign.

Excessively loud motor vehicles are a community disorder issue with much of the blame placed on drivers of illegally modified cars and motorcycles, or sport bikes equipped with illegal exhaust systems such as straight pipes, drag pipes or performance pipes.

Excessive noise is a serious environmental problem impacting health and well-being. The effects of this excessive noise should not be trivialized.

Excessively loud motor vehicles constitute an offence against the Environment Protection Act.

In combination with a focus on excessively loud motor vehicles, the focus will also be towards safety related offences. Offences such as: Drink Driving, Roadworthy Offences, Fail to Wear Seat Belt, Fail to Give Signal, Use Hand Held Mobile Phone While Driving.

discuss.

bring it on i say... theyll get over it like every other buzz word. just expect to be epa'd. but im sure most of you have your stockies ready at the waiting!

I'm looking forward to a crackdown on failing to give signal. I hope that includes people who put their indicator on after they've already started changing lanes.

even if you still have your stock exhaust you still get slapped with a $580 fine.

its the eaisest way for them to make money.

"oh hey there. i can hear your car. here is an EPA notice. expect a fine in the mail and if you could kindly deposit the $580 into my piggy bank that will be great"

As far as I know you don't get the fine without the proof?

I'll need someone to show me in writing rather than just a post...

if you get tested on the spot then that is good enough proof. if you havent noticed, a fair few booz bus setups have defect bins setup with little f**kers in yellow jackets with EPA stamped at the back. they will test your car on the spot and issue you with a fine as soon as its over the limit.

most will just take picture of your exhaust system and if you do the sneaky thing and change it to stocka nd get it tested, correct me if im wrong you will still get a fine. as they testers will also take pics and compare them

found it. sorry to ruin your scoop but its old news now lol.

edit: i think i better put my crappy pea shooter muffler on for those couple of weeks lol.

spot on in wasteland and vic nanny state thread.. come on ashneel behind the eight ball son :)

hey guys im new with the skyline life.. just got my r34 gtt on the road 2 weeks ago and its a cop magnet as people say.. if i get a stock exhust and put it on howmany gasgets do i have to change etc? .. and if exhust is the only problem ill get a canary right? thos a defect notice need 5 canaries?

hey guys im new with the skyline life.. and if exhust is the only problem ill get a canary right? thos a defect notice need 5 canaries?

Not true..

If they dont like what they see ..DEFECT NOTICE..

hey guys im new with the skyline life.. just got my r34 gtt on the road 2 weeks ago and its a cop magnet as people say.. if i get a stock exhust and put it on howmany gasgets do i have to change etc? .. and if exhust is the only problem ill get a canary right? thos a defect notice need 5 canaries?

defect notice and canarie is the same thing cos they are yellow they get called canaries

depends on the cop you might get a minor or major, if you give good wristys might even get a warning but dont count on it.. you are not likely to get a defect for your exhaust unless its too low as noise is epa not police issue but they are the ones who will report you to epa..

A noisy car is more of an issue than people constantly getting the shit bashed out of them in the CDB.

police dont care..

'Bernie Rankin' supports physical violence just look at his history.