SAU Community

Operation Pipe Down - Vic Cops Vs Noisy Cars

ashneel

Okay I rang the EPA and my $75 is for a full emissions and noise toist, where as the $38 appearing on your EPA notices are for just a noise test.

Waiting for a phone call back regarding what I was reported for, however my reference number has a T on the end which apparently stands for "tamper", i.e. tampering with an emission control system, so they might have got me on having a pod filter?

Thats because a full emissions test is 74.90 and just a exhust test is 37.50

Sorry, didn't see this post.

With the number of people getting done on this "observe" crap it might be worth banding together for some class action / lobbying / threatening not to vote for a particular party at the next state election...

I am getting very annoyed whenever i think of the EPA thingy.

I feel the pain for those who had more modifications done on their cars, and had to undo more things to get it to pass through the various agencies.

It is really very frustrating when you are "observed" and not actually stopped for an offence. Very frustrating and very annoyed. I can post this a 100x and still feel annoyed :D I think many people here will feel the same abt this pipe down operation

I am getting very annoyed whenever i think of the EPA thingy.

It is really very frustrating when you are "observed" and not actually stopped for an offence. Very frustrating and very annoyed. I can post this a 100x and still feel annoyed :yes: I think many people here will feel the same abt this pipe down operation

I agree. The funny thing is, that as part of my job I am an authorised officer for the administration and enforcement of the Environment Protection Act 1970 lol.

With the number of people getting done on this "observe" crap it might be worth banding together for some class action / lobbying / threatening not to vote for a particular party at the next state election...

protest outside the epa station in the morning so epa workers cant get in :yes:

Okay I rang the EPA and my $75 is for a full emissions and noise toist, where as the $38 appearing on your EPA notices are for just a noise test.

Waiting for a phone call back regarding what I was reported for, however my reference number has a T on the end which apparently stands for "tamper", i.e. tampering with an emission control system, so they might have got me on having a pod filter?

exactly why you got done pod + fmic = emissions.

I'm in!

Even though I'm neither a permanent resident nor a citizen, well you just need the numbers right?! =D

exactly why you got done pod + fmic = emissions.

Yeah quite probably...however...noise test too along with the works? It should just be a case of...remove pod...stock airbox...on your way, if that's what I got reported for.

Damn you xALmoN. You hold no political weight in this country :wub:

But we still love you :wub:

yeh i hear ya, but when its emissions its a full monty inspection because they dont just think pod + fmic they think computer, injectors and blah blah its bssssss.

if u just get noise test thats all it is noise.

you'll be right stock box and away u go

yeh i hear ya, but when its emissions its a full monty inspection because they dont just think pod + fmic they think computer, injectors and blah blah its bssssss.

Spot on, it's a massive pain in the arse.

When my gf got pulled over by the po-po in my car and they checked under the bonnet, I got a letter stating that I had to book in to one of only two inspection workshops. One in Mordialloc (or similar, can't quite remember), or hoppers crossing. It really sucked because there was no workshop on the northern side of the city, and it took me around an hour to get there and an hour to get home.

When you pay the $75 odd bucks it is and the guy behind the counter is ticking your rego off in the 'big book' of defected cars, just note how many of them are Skylines or s13,s14 etc. Classic. It stings even worse when the test only takes about 10-15 minutes and you have to take the time off work and pay the costs. It's teh devil.

Yeah quite probably...however...noise test too along with the works? It should just be a case of...remove pod...stock airbox...on your way, if that's what I got reported for.

Damn you xALmoN. You hold no political weight in this country :wub:

But we still love you :wub:

I don't even hold any political weight in my home country.

That aside, it seems like import drivers being discriminated against has become acceptable. Alone you can't do shit, but everyone is telling everyone else to "cop it on the chin", and everyone just keeps getting harassed because its easy to.

i hear the guy @ hoppers is super friendly too..

not

Actually, I found the guy pretty nice, maybe he scored a shag the night before my visit and was in a better mood than normal?

Yeah my notice is telling me I can go to Moorabin or Werribee...

Like I said before, I wonder what these workshops "pay" to get recommended as licenced testers. Surely they aren't the only ones who can do it...

I don't even hold any political weight in my home country.

That aside, it seems like import drivers being discriminated against has become acceptable. Alone you can't do shit, but everyone is telling everyone else to "cop it on the chin", and everyone just keeps getting harassed because its easy to.

Man sometimes its better knowing you had no say/choice in the "democratic" process of voting :P

Don't worry, I will one day form a collective...they f***ed with the wrong whinge :)

I agree. The funny thing is, that as part of my job I am an authorised officer for the administration and enforcement of the Environment Protection Act 1970 lol.

:P so you are the person who actually sends out the letter??? O.O!!! gosh :)(((

:P so you are the person who actually sends out the letter??? O.O!!! gosh :) (((

Certainly not, my good sir! I rarely get involved in EPA stuff with work, certainly not car related EPA offences anyway. Industrial and commercial noise maybe, but this sort of situation hardly ever comes up.

Certainly not, my good sir! I rarely get involved in EPA stuff with work, certainly not car related EPA offences anyway. Industrial and commercial noise maybe, but this sort of situation hardly ever comes up.

LOL its all good my fellow good men :P