SAU Community

Operation Pipe Down - Vic Cops Vs Noisy Cars

ashneel

The guys at morrabbin arent to bad aswel, I went there they check it all but there not flamin mongrels about it when I went bout 1.5years ago he told me was a joke how many skylines have been coming in over past few months we dont even have time to do it and said the cops are losing the plot now I think to myself that was then and now its 10 times worse , now its bothering me when I start driving again in a month and having to clear it will be shit cause turbo ecu inejctors and all that.

that makes no sense.

they are autolevelling so they dont blind people..without auto levelling they are shooting all over the place and blinding people the entire time. headlights are an ADR something a backyarder cannot get right.

Autolevelling is for one purpose only in the event that a large load is placed on the rear of the car ie 3 people in the back plus luggage or a trailer that the headlights wont due to loaded suspension point up higher than normal and into the eyes of oncoming drivers.

The autolevelling fitted on most cars reacts very quickly, the headlights are typically pointed up higher than they would have been without autolevelling and over bumps and speed humps these systems briefly blind other drivers where are regular non auto leveling headlight would not.

All I know is, auto level or not, Beamers still blind the shit out of me at night time. It really can't account for the ride height of the person who is getting blinded, or what about X series Beamers. Totally flawed system.

All I know is, auto level or not, Beamers still blind the shit out of me at night time. It really can't account for the ride height of the person who is getting blinded, or what about X series Beamers. Totally flawed system.

Yes it is flawed auto leveling suspension is a much better way to go but it is much more expensive.

Yeah X series beemers stopping less than a foot away from your rear bumper are irritating as hell, because the light reflects off your rear view mirror right into your face.

Assholes, and they love stopping as close as possible to people, when i drive the accord, it happens, when i drive the supra, it happens.

Yeah X series beemers stopping less than a foot away from your rear bumper are irritating as hell, because the light reflects off your rear view mirror right into your face.

Assholes, and they love stopping as close as possible to people, when i drive the accord, it happens, when i drive the supra, it happens.

Do you fancy an aftermarket rear bar or new paint job at the back? Just slam on your brakes next time haha :cool:

Autolevelling is for one purpose only in the event that a large load is placed on the rear of the car ie 3 people in the back plus luggage or a trailer that the headlights wont due to loaded suspension point up higher than normal and into the eyes of oncoming drivers.

The autolevelling fitted on most cars reacts very quickly, the headlights are typically pointed up higher than they would have been without autolevelling and over bumps and speed humps these systems briefly blind other drivers where are regular non auto leveling headlight would not.

your spot on but you have it backwards.

a normal headlight will blind or appear to flash someone over a bump whereas auto levelling headlights will react quickly to adjust it back down to avoid blinding the other cars.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/adaptive-headlight1.htm

Do you fancy an aftermarket rear bar or new paint job at the back? Just slam on your brakes next time haha :)

that's gonna screw up the resale value on my car!

then again, auto n/a supra, what resale value. tsk.

OMG!! i was caught on russell street!! on the 23rd april @ 10.40++pm.

and no i wasn't stopped, but observed. I am still wondering and thinking when did i go past russells.

what a freaking pain in the ass -.- complete waste of time imo. :P

i was caught on russell street, 23rd of april, 11.03

haha

knew it straight away as they stared at me and saw them lift up the clip board..

which cars would they be? Only aussie made car with HID's is the Holden Caprice and they have a pop-out washer nozzle on the headlamp.

The point of the washers is to wash off dirt from the headlights, as any dirt can refract the light and shine into peoples eyes etc.

I said Australian Market not Australian made. As said in an earlier post Evo's have HID's and no washers and they are Aus market. If the washers are there to get dirt off then why would they not be a requirement on all headlights and not just HID's.

your spot on but you have it backwards.

a normal headlight will blind or appear to flash someone over a bump whereas auto levelling headlights will react quickly to adjust it back down to avoid blinding the other cars.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/adaptive-headlight1.htm

That is how they are supposed to work in theory but in reality they are worse than regular headlights as per my previous comments as the standard factory adjustment with auto leveling headlights is much higher so before the can change position (adapt) they blind oncoming drivers.

haha

knew it straight away as they stared at me and saw them lift up the clip board..

loolollol what coincidence!!!

which part of the road were they standing at? i think i drove past, and missed totally missed spoting them :(

have you cleared the epa yet?

about 2 blocks before flinders street.

nah not cleared yet

second epa, first was a headf*** but this one been noise is much easier.

im just enjoying the next few weeks of not having to drive quietly

haha

hope ya redlined it make it worth while haha

That is how they are supposed to work in theory but in reality they are worse than regular headlights as per my previous comments as the standard factory adjustment with auto leveling headlights is much higher so before the can change position (adapt) they blind oncoming drivers.

and your opinion is based on what exactly?

im just enjoying the next few weeks of not having to drive quietly

It's funny, I've actually developed this attitude myself...I've been carrying my gears through the upper RPM ranges without fear of copping an EPA because I already have one. So ironically, now that they've given me an EPA, I'm actually making more noise than before.

Go ahead officer, give me another EPA and another month without having to rectify it :D

and your opinion is based on what exactly?

4 years testing alternative HID setups from $100 ebay jobs to $2000 HID kits, working with manufactures of HID kits to get the bulb design right and also owning and driving a factory fitted auto leveling HID setup in a Honda.

The low beam angle with non auto leveling is designed to be pointed down slightly (15 deg split between low and high beam from memory) but with auto leveling the factory setup has the beam cut off level/beam angle set level.

Go over a small bump speed hump ect and the beam points into the eyes of oncoming drivers before the auto leveling can react.