SAU Community

Operation Pipe Down - Vic Cops Vs Noisy Cars

ashneel

Time to close the Varex.

Hehehe I'm with ya!

option 1 - Put a stocky on

option 2 - Steel wool! (dodgy, plus sparky ember things will fly out your hole on WOT...heheheh hole)

option 3 - get a custom legal exhaust made up

option 4 - i can't think of anymore options

Option 5, Varex damn you! Illegal though :P

My auto reviewer mate has a 480kw ve e2 walkinshaw ve at the moment. I just watched him take off before and i haven't heard a car that loud in quite some time. Once the valves in the exhaust open, you can hear this thing miles away.

This is a factory system, how will this car fair against operation pipedown?

Is it safe to say that the above mentioned car would be waved through without worries despite being signifiantly louder than the 90dB law?

My auto reviewer mate has a 480kw ve e2 walkinshaw ve at the moment. I just watched him take off before and i haven't heard a car that loud in quite some time. Once the valves in the exhaust open, you can hear this thing miles away.

This is a factory system, how will this car fair against operation pipedown?

Is it safe to say that the above mentioned car would be waved through without worries despite being signifiantly louder than the 90dB law?

There is no such thing as a Walkinshaw VE E2. He has a VE HSV E2 with a walkinshaw upgrade kit consisting of aftermarket parts.

Quote from the walkinshaw site:

"Few can claim to know Commodore and HSV cars like Walkinshaw Performance. Our range of products have been evaluated for their genuine contribution to improved performance and vehicle dynamics."

Therefore, if it is not the factory HSV exhaust, and its over the db limit, it is illegal plain and simple.

This is the upgrade kit you are talking about:

http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/wp...news.asp?ID=355

There is no such thing as a Walkinshaw VE E2. He has a VE HSV E2 with a walkinshaw upgrade kit consisting of aftermarket parts.

Quote from the walkinshaw site:

"Few can claim to know Commodore and HSV cars like Walkinshaw Performance. Our range of products have been evaluated for their genuine contribution to improved performance and vehicle dynamics."

Therefore, if it is not the factory HSV exhaust, and its over the db limit, it is illegal plain and simple.

This is the upgrade kit you are talking about:

http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/wp...news.asp?ID=355

Yep that's the one. I apologise, i don't know a lot about commodores. In any case, unreal car, haven't heard anything like it.

is their any way of making the exhaust a bit quieter without those ugly silencers ???

you make an exhaust flange out of some steel sheet and drill a few holes in the center, then bolt it in and get an extra gasket flange for it.

you will have shit power same as a silencer after installing it

Tried the steel woool up the exhaust on my modded Ls1 powered VU Ute...... worked really well ( reduced the noise by about 15% I would say ) until........... the bloke doing the testing held it at the required revs and bits of wool started flying out .... one large chunk actually flew out and landed square on his microphone stand....... he was far from impressed.

The result a brief stint with a saussage muffler.

Tried the steel woool up the exhaust on my modded Ls1 powered VU Ute...... worked really well ( reduced the noise by about 15% I would say ) until........... the bloke doing the testing held it at the required revs and bits of wool started flying out .... one large chunk actually flew out and landed square on his microphone stand....... he was far from impressed.

fkn classic! :D

YAY, now we can get rid of all these f**ktards with there fully sick cannons, an exhaust can be leagl and flow good power, no need to obnoxiously loud.

last time i heard the mic must be placed at a 90 degree angle to the exhaust and be 1-2 meters away, tell the f**ker to learn how to do his job.

YAY, now we can get rid of all these f**ktards with there fully sick cannons, an exhaust can be leagl and flow good power, no need to obnoxiously loud.

I dont have a cannon either....in fact no muffler at all LOL.. :(

Now if only the damn truckies would turn those horrendous jake brakes off in my area...I'd be able to hear my own exhaust note. :(

I dont have a cannon either....in fact no muffler at all LOL.. :(

Now if only the damn truckies would turn those horrendous jake brakes off in my area...I'd be able to hear my own exhaust note. :(

jake brakes sound good in the tunnel, i only drive a merc rigid tho so its not loud, i do use it when i go through moe and morwell though just to try and wake the slack pricks up at 11am.

hahahaha :(

oh no you didnt.....................

say the M word :(

lol, i did, twice, im resisting the need to take moccies with me every day, the fact that i dont own any is helping the cause.

Got pulled into a booze bus last night and as i was leaving he had the cheek to tell me im going to be recieving a epa letter in the mail.... ahh the sly-ness of cops these days mate

never drive on a sat night unless its close by

yer you got a point- but seriously if you need to go out you should be able to lol i reckon that over the next week just keep it low key until the "pipe down" is over. Plus if your exhaust is rediculous, well maybe you would get done regardless on which day of the week it is.

last year i got raped in the arse quite hard with my evo. Had 320kw at all fours with 44mm wastegate, screamer, td07 25g...the works. Epa hated me for life. Carbon emissions well...you dont wanna know heh. A lesson well learnt and a very very expensive one!