SAU Community

Operation Pipe Down - Vic Cops Vs Noisy Cars

ashneel

Tried the steel woool up the exhaust on my modded Ls1 powered VU Ute...... worked really well ( reduced the noise by about 15% I would say ) until........... the bloke doing the testing held it at the required revs and bits of wool started flying out .... one large chunk actually flew out and landed square on his microphone stand....... he was far from impressed.

LOL!!! You're supposed to put it in front of your cat so that it holds it in. At least that's what the d!cks that complianced my car did! I'm pretty sure it's alll burnt out now after 2 years!

Carbon emissions well...you dont wanna know heh.

Interesting you should mention Carbon Emissions, they keep touting us to use trains, trams and electric or hybrid vehicles, funny thing is, electric motors have carbon brushes in them and all they emit is carbon emissions! I always find this funny.

I'd be stuffed if I got a carbon test done, I should call my GTR Puff the Magic Dragon, everytime I floor it and it gets above 5kRPM it leaves a trail of black smoke lol

Interesting you should mention Carbon Emissions, they keep touting us to use trains, trams and electric or hybrid vehicles, funny thing is, electric motors have carbon brushes in them and all they emit is carbon emissions! I always find this funny.

Huh? For one thing, i'm pretty sure all modern electric/hybrid cars use brushless motors with a fixed stator.

You're being sarcastic about carbon emissions due to carbon brushes right? Because that makes no sense. The level of emissions from carbon brushes would not be anywhere near a combustion engine

Edited by lukebaldan

Well I'm pretty sure they got me last night

Driving down Frankston-Dandenong Road minding my own business, only car in 200m at 10:30pm and this car comes screaming up behind me out of nowhere....sits there....then stick the high beams on and just sits there with them on for a minute or so. I thought it was some dickhead being a smartass and I got pissed off, then they turned them off, changed into the other lane and sat beside me for about 3 seconds...flashed their fairy lights then turned them off after about 2 seconds....and sped off.

What's the bets they just got my rego, a photo and sending me an epa notice now

:blush:

Well I'm pretty sure they got me last night

Driving down Frankston-Dandenong Road minding my own business, only car in 200m at 10:30pm and this car comes screaming up behind me out of nowhere....sits there....then stick the high beams on and just sits there with them on for a minute or so. I thought it was some dickhead being a smartass and I got pissed off, then they turned them off, changed into the other lane and sat beside me for about 3 seconds...flashed their fairy lights then turned them off after about 2 seconds....and sped off.

What's the bets they just got my rego, a photo and sending me an epa notice now

:blush:

Could have also been goating you, i have had a black unmarked VE SS try to race me on frankston dandy road.

not sure if they got me but I was driving down Vic parade last night and suddenly I see an unmarked car in my rear view, turns on the blue and red lights for bout 5 secs and then turns off at an intersection.. didn't flash me or try to pull me over..

not sure if they got me but I was driving down Vic parade last night and suddenly I see an unmarked car in my rear view, turns on the blue and red lights for bout 5 secs and then turns off at an intersection.. didn't flash me or try to pull me over..

basically what happened to me mate. Maybe this is what they have been instructed to do as part of the operation to make us aware they just bent us over?

Maybe they were turning through a red arrow and used there lights to get through??

basically what happened to me mate. Maybe this is what they have been instructed to do as part of the operation to make us aware they just bent us over?

uh oh.. now the waiting game with fingers crossed for the mail

Thursday night we saw at least 10 cop cars around williamstown area, rediculous!!!!

think we may get some mail as we were followed and as we stopped the cop passed at under 5kph... :P

i warned ya's :(