SAU Community

Can someone gimmie a ride in a skyline?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Mates -  

I am an exchange student from Boston, Massachusetts USA and I will be studying at the University of NewCastle between February 10th and July 5th. I have NEVER seen a skyline in person and I would KILL for a ride. If anyone would be nice enough this would honestly make this yanks day. Please email me at [email protected] if you would be nice enough! ALSO I have AIM: Screen name - OneDollarShrimp

Thanks!

if only i was american

if only i was american
LMAO, WHY??????? :cheers:

Just take one look at the US and then Australia... I'll give you a good example why it's better to be an Aussie... WE GOTS DA SKYLINES!!!! :) They might have the bomb, but hell, we still got the 'Lines.

I seriously think we should get onto this ride day idea, it'd be a good day out. Invite some charities, rent a track or somewhere, people who bring GTRs get in free (coz they'll be playing chauffer all day), charge admission and a free ride in a GTR and BBQ, and give any profits to the charities. If anything, it makes the day of a few little kids who need some cheering up.

It's not actually that bad of an idea...

Bit of good press, some money to charity...

The Godzillathon - Brown-underpants for charity day.

Hmmm...

Had a rally club open day where for $10 to charity the locals could come along for 2 rides in rally cars, everthing from datto 1200's to Evos. One guy got the ride of his life when the newly finished S2 rx7 flipped onto its roof...ouch. Best 10 bucks he ever spent.

I'm having withdrawals...no go fast car, just a stock 'line and soarer. Can someone take me for a ride in a GTR...it's been years, honest.

PranK you a downhill shredding dude? Or is the dually just for the northern beaches? (yep thread hijack) Sand must be a bastard :D in the cassette. Roadie myself. Giant of course. 02 TCR Team ONCE. Worth a squillion apparently. Carbon forks 1.1kg. Alloy Frame 0.7 kg...feels like papier mach'e.

So back to cars

Wow I cant wait to get to Australia...this is going to be AWESOME you guys are all so nice. I am going to be in Cairns (I need to learn how to pronounce that word) for orientation for 3 days..and i have 2 nites off...anyone out there that can give this bugger a ride?

SKYLINE FEVER

Were abouts are you staying in cairns an when you coming over ??

also what days will you be here?

(I live in Cairns) :D

Are talking smokey and the bandit style? lol :rofl:

"Godzilla Vs The Cops: Riding a 'line from Cairns to Coolangatta... the long way"

:wassup:

Kinda reminds you of that underground movie of the Ferrari going through Paris (anybody remember the name of that?)

Maybe we could get Nissan to fund this like they did "The Run" with the new Z??? lol

If you go into newcastle foreshore for the laps and you see my plates: DJ984... then flag me down and i'll take you for a lap...

I'm not there everyweekend and my car's not a GTR but feel free to flag me down...

Cheers,

Dave.

This is the coolest thing I have ever had happen to me...if I went on a Ferrari or Porsche board in the States people would be like "get a job and earn a ride" - you guys kick ass. I will be in Australia Feb 5th through July 3rd. And YES I am all for a "Chasing the Skyline down the Coast" roadtrip. I WISH I could say I have even seen a skyline in person..the closest I came was when I almost drove 4.5 hours to New York City to the MTV studios where they were auctioning off a Skyline for some movie...I am in LOVE with skylines...feed my addiction. I will buy beer/women/fuel for the driver :(