SAU Community

Hids In N1 Headlights

GT-R32

I drove my car down the coast recently, the stock lights are not that great at all in the dark. All I'm after is some bright light, so would be after a 4300K kit.

My question is, how do the N1 headlights cope with HIDs? Is the glare and cut off terrible? Would a low heat kit help the level of light?

Cheers.

Heat and kelvin rating are often misunderstood.

Kelvin rating is the measurement given to the colour of the light. The higher the Kelvin rating the bluer the eventually purple the light is. The heat given off the HID bulb is actually a little less than halogens.

For reference 5000k is the colour of daylight. And one of the most brightest.

4300k is also bright and gives off a nice white colour with the slightest of yellow hue.

To answer you question about N1 headlights. The cutoff wont be as good as a projector style headlight but will be ok if you adjust your beam accordingly.

PM me if you need to source one.

Hey why don't you just put in something like a Narva Blue Power.. These have a Kelvin of 3750 and a Lumen of 2000 so the have 80% more light and 20% whiter Light

And unlike the HID's they are 100% ADR approved. I have these in my daily and beleive me the are twice as good as the stock ones and also look great with the white light.

Or

If you don't mind spending more money (no point on my daily lol) then the Philips Blue Vision is the way to go also ADR approved and have Kelvin of 4000.

Now they are no where near as good as the Factory fitted Xenons i had in the GTT but they are legal and trust me they are not far off.

If you are interested here is a link to the reasons you should't install HID's in normal headlights. (apart from having driver respect)

Link (WHY NOT TO INSTALL AFTERMARKET HID's)

Edited by 99 GTT

Dave, thanks for the clarification, I obviously didn't understand what I had read. The info is great too, thanks.

Andy that is awesome, cheers. I'll look into that for sure. I'd only be after 4300k HID (although 5000k would be best if possible) so 4000k would be sweet.

I had a Series 3 R33 GTR and that had such sweet lights, the cut off was awesome. So these seem terrible in comparison.

Not a problem... hope i did't sound to bossy in that post lol.. let us know what ya do hey and maybe even some before and after pictures.

Phillips do a 5000k globe called Diamond Vision but keep in mind just like the aftermarket HID's no ADR LINK

Phillips Xenons are only 4200k but they are 300% brighter then normal globes Link

Let us know hey :blink:

Edited by 99 GTT

• 2 years later...

99 GTT, How do you know that the Narva Blue Power and Phillips Blue Vision have 2000 lumen or less? Did you find the specs somewhere? Can I have the link?

I was looking for bulbs with 2000 lumen to put in my car. Thanks.

Hey why don't you just put in something like a Narva Blue Power.. These have a Kelvin of 3750 and a Lumen of 2000 so the have 80% more light and 20% whiter Light

And unlike the HID's they are 100% ADR approved. I have these in my daily and beleive me the are twice as good as the stock ones and also look great with the white light.

Or

If you don't mind spending more money (no point on my daily lol) then the Philips Blue Vision is the way to go also ADR approved and have Kelvin of 4000.

Now they are no where near as good as the Factory fitted Xenons i had in the GTT but they are legal and trust me they are not far off.

If you are interested here is a link to the reasons you should't install HID's in normal headlights. (apart from having driver respect)

Link (WHY NOT TO INSTALL AFTERMARKET HID's)