SAU Community

Police.

EVO83

K that would have got u'r attention.

I need some help. I was out and about sunday morning around 1.30 in the Vally in brisbane. I was stopped at a red light were i saw a copper behind me. I had already been pulled over that night in the rain for an RBT. So i wasnt about to do anything stupid. Lights went green and I slowly took off as u do. But the corolla next to me didnt and made a 2sec chirp. Cops didnt put on there lights or nuttin me and my mate thought he was a lucky bastard.

But what I did see was the cop was still behind me at the next set of lights. It went green and took off. Anthoer 500m's of driving anf the WOOP WOOP came didnt think about it and didnt knw why I was pulled over. Just another RBT i thought. No they booked me for the noise the damn corola made. $250 plus 2 points. The cop was so angry about something that he was telling me my car was about to be towed to get impounded. I told him it wasnt me and it was the damn white shite box but he got fkn mad. and told me I was lieing. So what i need to know is WERE DA *** DO I GO TO FIGHT THIS AND DO U THINK I WILL GET MY 2 POINTS BACK?????

The HOON SQUAD are taking things to far. I need help.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to skyliner's life.

cope the fine and dont attract attention from cops.

not worth the hassel...

just pay the fine

having said that:

a. do you have Police's Full name or badge number?

b. do you have that corrola's plate number?

c. do you have any withness who can verify, it was not you whom created undue noise?

c. can you proove that wanst you?

take it to court if you are peeved about it.. you should.

i know i would have gone absolutely nuts at the cop and got myself in more trouble :)

cope the fine and dont attract attention from cops.

Thats rather stupid attitude though isn't it? Especially in this situation where it was *not* anything to do with him, but another driver!

They are going way way way too far and there is something we need to do about it people. This is a Joke.

I saw this for myself the other day.

I was in a mates Skyline R33, Dead Stock.

We were driving around the city/valley for most of the nite just killing time really.

About midnite we started cruising back, we'de met up with a mate, he was in an Automatic 1980s or something Sigma. Just a car for work.

He was infront of us along richmond rd, which is a 2lane main rd.

We were both speeding, about 80, in a 60zone.

But in no way were we racing. The sigmas gearbox is farked.. its auto.. and 20 years old. We were just following till we got home.

Cops came out of a sidestreet, Sigma turned off to go home a bit up the road, we went to turn into a street to go home.. Police full screech tyres.. sirens .. etc

Tell us to get out of the car. Start yelling at my friend (driver) telling him their taking his car, under the new hoon legislation etc etc

I asked them how they figured out what speed we were going, he said they were following us for 400m to correctly accurate our speed.

Now from where they came out to where we got pulled over .. is dead set less that 200 metres if that. Its the fact that we turned and were no longer speeding, that they just went 'shit' we gotta get em now.

Its the most bullshit ive ever seen police do.. seriously.

Ive lost ALL faith in police.

I cant beleive the extent they are going to for this shit.

Oh and for those who are saying .. 'owell, just cop it'

My mate works hard, he does a sheet metal trade, works everyday.. and NEEDS his liscence for work.

He got his car impounded, made to pay $250 for the towing fee.

$700 Fine, 6months loss of licence.

Oh yeh, and they got our mate in the sigma about 3 hours later and charged him with the same.. impounded his car etc

MOST BULLSHIT IVE EVER SEEN

They are both contesting it, they wrote a Statement thingy and got it signed by a JP, they are getting solicitors etc

Ill be there as a witness cos i cant beleive what they are doing

If they do it to one, they'll do it too all

Something needs to be done.

take it to court if you are peeved about it.. you should.  

i know i would have gone absolutely nuts at the cop and got myself in more trouble :)

Thats rather stupid attitude though isn't it? Especially in this situation where it was *not* anything to do with him, but another driver!

Not really when you think about the time it's going to take and the costs involved it would be cheaper and a lot less hassle to pay the thing and move on.

I know it's sad but true.

However if it's the principle of the matter to right a wrong then by all means fight it cause you are in the right, But also having said that It's fighting it on their terms with their rules,

you would want to have

a. do you have Police's Full name or badge number?

b. do you have that corrola's plate number?

c. do you have any withness who can verify, it was not you whom created undue noise?

c. can you proove that wanst you?

as mentioned by pva-glue

"it wasnt me" Is simply not enough Sgt Cracker's Word carries more wieght than your's or mine .

Good luck...

I work for an Import commpany so I need every point I can get I am only on my P's and 4 points isnt all that much. I have a JP at work so I belive I will be fightings this.

As for REGO of that car Nope didnt get it as he turned off and i kept going which i didnt even think about cos the cop didnt pull him over.

Got a witness but he was in my car and I dont know if that reay helps as of course ur friend will back u up as I think they will say.

How stupid would i to be to do it when a PIG is right behind me. Shit man i havent got a penut shell brain.

Im so pissed off I have lost my liscence before and just came off a one year probation of 1 point for 1 year. And i have learnt from all of this not to speed blah blah blah but some one else gets me into shit and now im pissed off. I want to know has this happed to someone else and what happed in court???? I need as many viwes on this as possible.

KNORE i dont get it were the cars impounded for speeding ?? or Are they alleging that you guys were racing ?? (in the same lane)??

This sounds like a load of BS and I would also pursue this matter and not only would i want to reverse all charges (infringements) whatever.

I would try to have the Officer's brought to some sort of justice for their discriminatory behaviour.

ps; almost $1000 and impounded car is a whole lot more worth fighting for than a

$200 odd fine and 2 points.

*** the police, dont pay the fine. If u have a witness that will help u alot and since it was raining. Cops will issue u with any BS fine because most people dont know the law and will just pay the fine. Fark that fight it and because it was raining, u have a witness and the saw the cop car behind u (element of surprise gone) u can get out of it easily coz the cop does not have a strong case against u. cops like this will keep handing out bs tickets until someone fights back.

Not really when you think about the time it's going to take and the costs involved it would be cheaper and a lot less hassle to pay the thing and move on.

I know it's sad but true.

However if it's the principle of the matter to right a wrong then by all means fight it cause you are in the right, But also having said that It's fighting it on their terms with their rules,

Yer, but its all about the principle of the thing. The cops *rely* on you not taking it further, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. For every time a cop gets away with that, they just think its right and get further and further entrenched in getting away with what is almost pure harrassment.

Taking it to court, makes the officer think about what they're doing. Sure, most see it as "i don't care, i'm a cop, i get time off my regular job" but they *don't* like having to do it regularly. Questions are always asked from above if it happens regularly also. If it makes them think twice about it, or acting so gung-ho in the future it IS worthwhile. I mean most of the time its only a day off work (maybe 2 at most) or something like that to fight it.

Also, the more people that contest these things, in a way its like a protest. If those higher up in the force see the amount of hours cops are having to be dragged away from their "real" jobs for paperwork, and courts do find a number of the cases without adequate evidence or facts - things will be changed. Its just not the way the cops want things to head. In a way, i see as the only way in which things *can* change.

I've done it before, and i'd do it again if the right circumstances arise (not if i was obviously doing something way in the wrong) - its not about being above the law, its about cops acting *within* the law, and within reason and having true facts rather than "oh i estimated him doing this", "i gathered he must have been doing that". It all doesn't stand up well in a court room.

It is your right to contest a charge if you think its been levelled unjustly - don't throw away that right unless you were clearly in the wrong!

Yeah, and what Inasnt says too :)

Do what the guys from MOTOR (the magazine) do -- challenge every traffic fine you get by taking it to court. It doesn't cost much more; and sometimes it can cost less.

Ask questions such as:

Why did the officer follow me for such a time, instead of having me pull-over right then and there?

Perhaps the officers judgement was clouded as he seemed to be extremely angry about something else?

You can also submit a complaint about the officers condcut. Chances are he has harrassed someone before and hopefully had another complaint against him. Im not quite sure about queenslands police structure, but there should be the equivalent of a Police Ombudsman who handles complaints.

i agree with those who will fight.

I will not cop a misjudged/blame for some SH IT that I did not do!.

I have all the respect for the law and our police force, but there are those without a commonsense who will use their false judgement on others.

So if you think/reckon or pretty sure that you did nothing wrong, pay the fine.

but if you KNOW you did nothing wrong, fill in the back of the infringment for a court hearing, YOU WILL WIN.

I was travelling in a hundred zone and was flashed by a police car coming from the opposite direction. I pulled over 200m down the road just past an 80 sign and was given a ticket for doing 96 in a 100 zone!

Wrote to the local superintendant of traffic with a formal letter describing what happened including a diagram. About 2 months later i recieve a letter saying that the fine has been dismissed and apolagising for the BS they cased!

Fines can get overhauled! Especially when there are reasonable circumstances behind them. I am not sure how you would go with your word against his but there is no way i would be forking out the money and points without doing anything wrong!

I say if you are not in the wrong stick it to them but professionally (IE A computer written letter to the superintendant of traffic would be the polace i would start...)

Good luck

this is happening way to much police are booking people for no reason at all except they can & it's not just skylines it's any sporty looking car. i'm in nsw & have been pulled over no less than 3 times in my sub over the last 6 months for nothing & this is in a XR6 ute. each time they follow me trying to hide behind another car hoping i'll do something wrong, but i'm a very aware driver form riding bikes so i know there following. each time they start with the crap until i hand over lic & they see i'm 41, but thats to late for me because i know my rights so first thing i do is ask for there names & command (station there from). they alway ask why & i say because i have no faith in hwy patrol anymore & every police man tells you something diff & i'm sick of having to pay money out to go to court for bogus fines that police men can write with no recourse. i was followed the other day in my R33 & i just pulled over straight away they went past me & pulled in infront of me then got out to bug me like i new that wasn't going to happen. they asked me why i stoped i said i wanted to make phone call on mobile & it's ilegal to use while driving & since when is it wrong to pull over your car. they rbt me & were about to go when i said don't you want to search my car i could also have drugs or weapons i mean the way you guys are now you might as well just to be sure because all us sports car drivers are bad. they didn't say much else & left.

what i didn't tell them is i carry in my car a mini tape player & now if i get pulled over it's in my pocket turned on, but never tell cops just keep it for backup if needed (send copy to police comm which complaint if your screwed or they just talk to you like trash).

In NSW the police have a code of conduct and must follow procedures.

I have got off several tickets on technicallities, it pays to know.

As with zroys I also have a digital tape, but I advise the cops that I am recording the conversation to be replayed in court at a later time. So far that line has gotten me off 5 times with warnings. While I am a habitual speeder, I am also a safe driver.

I think more people would be better drivers if they had their eyes on the road not the speedo.

I say to EVERYONE fight any ticket you think you diddnt (or did) deserve, thats why we are in a democracy. While we "may" be doing something illegal (speeding), that does not give the cops to book you ilegally, two wrongs never make a right.

I think more people would be better drivers if they had their eyes on the road not the speedo.

100% right i'm sick of the standard line do you know how fast you were going & i always reply with, on i don't know exact speed because i was watching the road & where i'm going but i'm sure i wasn't speeding because i was driving with traffic flow. now with some police because there are still some that are human if your only 10-15 over they will let you off because you are showing due care it's that simple.

Yeh they charged my 2 mates with "RACING"

whatever.

****ing idiots

Dead set ive never seen such abused power and harrassment.

It almost makes me want to be a solicitor/lawyer so i can shuv their words back in their mouth when they make up bullshit

Dont get me wrong, MOST police are genuine.. Love their job good people.

But for some, its gone to their head and they start to bend the procedures and guidelines that are supposed to be followed in order to enforce a law correctly.

Its much like a Radio presenter changing the radio station into something 'they like' when in reality WE are the people listening to the radio..

It was a 1 male and 1 female officer and i was discusted with both of them

The female officer told me to get out, then proceeded to write me down like a homicidal murderous maniac on heroin. Saying 'dont be smart' and 'shutup' to everything i said.. which were answers to her questions anyway so what the?

The guy was treating my friend like it was personal, FULLY yelling and abusing him, he was swearing and everything i couldnt beleive it

After this incident im buying a personal recorder the next time i go shopping, so i have un deniable proof

Im not one to dry and get out of something ive actually done,

If i did it and got caught, tuff shit, ill take it like a man and realise the error

But this, is bullshit, my mates are taking it to court and challenging it

The officers wont be at the court case so im assuming its the police's statement VS us

im a witness to the ENTIRE thing, so i hope there is something i can do

PS

Police:

The Law is just, stable and fair ASLONG as it is applied properly.

I have no problem with the law, i abide it everyday and am a hardworking citizen like most, although i have been quite lazy lately hehe.

I simply have a passion for fast, beautiful and LEGAL cars, just because there isnt a law saying we cant own nice cars doesnt mean u persecute us just for having them and coming up with some BS fine etc to make us feel bad

We arent stupid, and this shit wont go on for much longer