SAU Community

Slashed Japanese Number Plates

Game

• 2 weeks later...

Trade plates have a red border, not a red slash.

Red slash plates can be issued temporarily from town offices to drive cars that don't have rego. You need to hold a valid licence and local third-party insurance as well as supply some other various bits of paperwork and ID.

Trade plates have a red border, not a red slash.

Red slash plates can be issued temporarily from town offices to drive cars that don't have rego. You need to hold a valid licence and local third-party insurance as well as supply some other various bits of paperwork and ID.

Doesnt it depend on which area you live in. In Hokkaido I've used the red slashed plates for temporary driving of unregistered cars but also had jap mates from workshops use them when buying vehicles or picking up wrecks.

Probably because they don't need to use them super regularly. Red border dealer plates can be attached to any vehicle without needing to go and pick up a set from the city office.

Only designated employees of the company can drive on them legally though.

yep, bakadesu may not be as baka as he claims.... red slashed plates are not trade plates/dealer plates as people often think. they are definitely temporary registration. hence why you see them on lots of dodgey drift cars that are 90% track but want to get out into the mountains once in a while, they have little hope of getting even a dodgey shaken so they get temporary rego instead and drive on that. I would say a lot of dealers use them too for their cars hence the misconception that they are dealer/trade plates.

Here you go.

http://www.tigerdude.com/japan/license/temp.html

The amount of booze I've drunk in 10 years living in ping pong land one red plate looks the same to me.

I'm glad they arent green otherwise the Japanese would be telling me they are blue like their traffic lights.

Also in reality , the amount of shonkster abuse of driving without shakken is pretty prolific.

Anything from swapping plates to not using any at all to all sorts of dodgey shit.

• 1 month later...