SAU Community

Moisture in Headlight

pushead

Help!

I have a slight crack on the top of the left-hand-side headlight and yesterday i decided to wash my car and accidentally sprayed a few drops of water inside my headlight. I ignored it completely and last night however it decide to fog up! Does anyone know how to totally remove the moisture inside the headlight without wiping it as the crack is too small to put a cloth inside? Many help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest RedLineGTR

Unscrew/pull off the caps (the rear of the lights) for the lights you don’t have to take the bulb out (unless their is a seal or something) take it for a drive the air and heat will get it all out for ya. Or next time you’re going for a drive take the rear covers off the headlight assembly. Cheers Rob

THanks for the help guys. I have tried hairdryer and it evaporated but when night comes it came back again :)

I think the whole frontlight assemble has 2 glasses. One is the front glass, and the other is where you insert the lightblub. The moisture is where the front glass is not in the lightblub assemble section.

• 2 weeks later...

my rear lights just started to fog up lately..

so, without taking my car into pieces to dry it off

what can i do to rapid the evoraption process?

i don't see no cracks or anything.. but there must be since its fogged

well.. one of my side skirt lights has been fogged up for 2 months... and it hasn't gone away yet :)

please help.. i reckon it looks ugly with the moisture in them :D

Fun quotes taken out of context (Instalment#1):

I have a .. crack .. and yesterday i decided to wash ... and accidentally sprayed a few drops of water inside.... I ignored it completely and last night however it decide to fog up! Does anyone know how to totally remove the moisture inside .... without wiping it as the crack is too small to put a cloth inside?

*points to the above*

LMFAO

Sorry it had to be done bro.

Sorry about my dad and the light man, I went to Awun the other day and they are open so swing around on one of your many days off.

Hey siksII i was wondering at what temperature exactly did you put the oven on and for how long did you leave the light in the oven for.  might sounds silly but did you preheat the oven(just that i don't want light to melt altogether =)

Hey, i myself did not do it, a friend did on his 300zx. the front and rear are bonded in the same way, with a sort of glue.

he preheated the oven to medium heat, or around 180 degrees, but i am not sure how long he left it. probably just took it out after a few mins to see if it was ready :( sort of like baking a cake lol

He did it because he was planning on spray painting a part of the headlight silver, which he did, it looks excellent now :)

Guest RedLineGTR
my rear lights just started to fog up lately..

so, without taking my car into pieces to dry it off

what can i do to rapid the evoraption process?

i don't see no cracks or anything.. but there must be since its fogged

well.. one of my side skirt lights has been fogged up for 2 months... and it hasn't gone away yet :(

please help.. i reckon it looks ugly with the moisture in them :mad:

when you lights possilbly fog up for different reasons...pull/take the bulb out :) so you let some air in and out works better on a warmer day to get all the mist fog out NP then after its gone inspect and see if thier are any seals that a damaged etc to make sure it dosent happen again.