SAU Community

18 × 10.5 + 15 too big on R33 or R34?

Yes, they'll rub the inner guard liner on full lock if you have a lowered GTR, which really isn't an issue, as it's not touching the guard, just the plastic liner.

No rubbing at stock height.

Yup! They sure will...

A lot of the jap wheels come in 10.5 inches wide, but most people buy the 9.5 inch versions because they can fit 265 or 275 tyres on the 9.5 inch rims...

10.5 inches is a bit of overkill :(

Yeah, 10.5 is huge. What size tyres can u fit on 10.5's?

Also, when you say GTR do u mean both R33 and R34? And like nxtime says, will they fit R32's?

Yup! They sure will...

A lot of the jap wheels come in 10.5 inches wide, but most people buy the 9.5 inch versions because they can fit 265 or 275 tyres on the 9.5 inch rims...

10.5 inches is a bit of overkill :rofl:

Hmmmm... Not too sure about the R32... They'll probably need a different offset.

My friend bought some "GTR Wheels", and they were the wrong offset and stuck out of his guards on his R32.

I'm pretty sure +15 offest will be fine for R33/R34

I'm sure this has been said before too but whats the max size that will fit on an R33 GTS-t with the lip rolled up on the guards but without any other mods ?

• 3 months later...

Just reviving an old thread. Will 275/40/17" tyres fit on the back of an R33 GTS-T (with/without guard rolling) ???

Secondly, has anyone ever shoe-horned a 275 onto an 8" rim successfully?

Thankyou.

Adrian

I had 265/35/18 tyres on the back of my old GTS-t with rolled guards and I had about 1cm clearance, so 275s should fit.

Keep in mind I had 1 degree of negative camber on the rear wheels for circuit work, so that would have given me a little extra clearance. You won't want any negative camber if you're looking at drags.

275s isn't a recommended fittment onto an 8" rim... I think they are meant to have 235-255 tyres fitted to them.

I'm just about to put 265s on 17" x 9" rims - but that doesn't help you much - Sorry ! :P

I will be able to tell you how much clearance I have left though - and I am looking at getting my rear guards rolled, if I scrape.