Jump to content
SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register

Transporting a Car.


Recommended Posts

I shipped the V-spec over to the new buyer through TNT. Think the cost was a little less because the trailers come over full, and go back empty so they drop the price (think he paid $450 cash to send back east). One thing to be aware of is the type of transport is goes on/in. There open and closed car carriers and would suggest staying away from sending it via rail. If sending by road, a fully enclosed carrier (carton) such as those used by TNT would be the go, less dust and dirt.



Link to comment
Share on other sites


TNT offers a few types of services. check http://www.tntlogistics.com/ for more infos.

One friendly reminder.....get an insurance cover and make sure the sender takes PHOTOS of the car from front to back.......Take it while it was being loaded up to TNT trucks.

You'll need it if there is some minor scratches and you know how unreasonable some poeple can be...so..back it up with some nice solic photos.

Get the best container there is if, you pay for the better services. :cheers:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

was looking at an FC in Adelaide awhile back but was deterred by the hassle of shipping the car to Perth... any idea how much it costs? also, when a car is brought interstate, what needs to be done to register it here?

got to get a permit if it doesnt have a rego to drive around........and fix whatever that they need to meet WA standards.

Go to the pit and get it checked... get approval and wah la....you got yourself a WA rego..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...