SAU Community

EC Track day Monday 26th Jan

Majanal

Great day overall. Thanks to Pete for showing me the lines. Great help also from Darryl from our finlay course. Most of all the car performed solidly all day. No surge, oil temp stayed at 110 and never moved, water temp never below 80 even after double sessions. Feeling very good about Combined and Targa.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got there after lunch and walked around the pits taking photos, but I didn't see you Mark, so I didn't say hi...

So I went off to take pics from around the circuit... I was driving the Purple GTR and taking photos at turn 6/7 :devil:

Here are a few... I'm still learning how to pan properly, so sorry about the blurred ones...

http://photos.fortheboyz.com/cars/0401ectrack/index.php

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

Merli, and saw you taking pictures. You were my reference point for turn 7 until you moved!

Thanks for all the pictures. Should have taken off the tape on my number. Blurred pictures are good, they make it look like you are going fast!

There was a red one and a black one out. For some reason they weren't moving that fast, but it may just have been testing.

Jeff in the SSS 32 was flying as was the guy in the GT3

Merli, and saw you taking pictures.  You were my reference point for turn 7 until you moved!

Thanks for all the pictures.  Should have taken off the tape on my number.  Blurred pictures are good, they make it look like you are going fast!

Hahahahaha... that'll teach you to use photographers as reference points :)

The ones posted above are the good ones... That's panning, where you use slightly longer shutter speeds, and track the car with the camera... The car is completely in focus, but the background is blurred due to the motion of the camera.

You have to follow the car PERFECTLY otherwise the car ends up getting blurred too, like this example:

DSC_0337.jpg

Deffinetly the best day as far as quality of cars.

Mini's, Ultima GTR's, Porsche GT3's, Corvettes, Honda NSX, Subaru WRX/STI, GTR's, GTS-t's, everything was out for show :)

Was a good day, lots of impressive cars there. Unfortunately my radiator blew during my second session which put me out for most of the day. A huge thanks to the guys from SSS for grabbing me another one so I could get back out on the track. Hopefully be out there for longer next time.