SAU Community

C35 Laurel Now Eligible Through Sevs

Iron Chef

Hot off the presses (well off my fax machine at least) - the C35 Laurel is now eligible for import, only with RB25DET (the non turbos don't meet power/weight regs). Start bugging your local compliance workshop to take on a test car!

Here's one I prepared earlier:

c35club_top.jpg

thats if you can find a complaincer that wants to keep his doors open.... big problem lately well QLD side is that compliance shops are closing. due to price cuts to much no money is being made. looks like the goverments long term goal is slowly being acheived.

thats if you can find a complaincer that wants to keep his doors open.... big problem lately well QLD side is that compliance shops are closing. due to price cuts to much no money is being made. looks like the goverments long term goal is slowly being acheived.

That's so true about raws here in Syd cutting one another to the point there's literally no incentives to do it anymore.

nice toy :( I did note the FG guards on it as a point of interest. looks like a JZX chaser.

hopefully its not all databus based like the V/M series cars as I get enough grief form people trying to mod things and FK it up royally.

Primo,

unfortunately this is the case where the mighty $ has a say. people want these cars but do not wish to have them properly complied/serviced when they land and pay the associated fees to do so. after all why pay $4k per say to get the tyres changed, fluids done kid bolts properly done and associated odds n sods when someone else will do it for half and leave teh 7-8 yr old rubber in place things half arse and so forth.. A mate of mine figures 18 months tops before the whole thing falls over in a heap up here and 90% of them jump ship. I know of one place that swapped from jap to euro/US based gear for that reason.

myself I have taken a slightly different route on them I now fix the electricals on them since there is no one really left that can be bothered working on them.

nice toy :( I did note the FG guards on it as a point of interest. looks like a JZX chaser.

hopefully its not all databus based like the V/M series cars as I get enough grief form people trying to mod things and FK it up royally.

Primo,

unfortunately this is the case where the mighty $ has a say. people want these cars but do not wish to have them properly complied/serviced when they land and pay the associated fees to do so. after all why pay $4k per say to get the tyres changed, fluids done kid bolts properly done and associated odds n sods when someone else will do it for half and leave teh 7-8 yr old rubber in place things half arse and so forth.. A mate of mine figures 18 months tops before the whole thing falls over in a heap up here and 90% of them jump ship. I know of one place that swapped from jap to euro/US based gear for that reason.

myself I have taken a slightly different route on them I now fix the electricals on them since there is no one really left that can be bothered working on them.

hi Chris Hence the reason ill be moving back to Australia end of may not worth the trouble to live in Japan any more. But fortunatly i have setup enough specialized backup in japan to continue going back to being a broker in Australia this bussiness will continue to some degree and im pretty sure it will become a very specialized industry from the next few years.

we know who it is doing the euro and USA stuff and i think good luck to them for having the insight to diversify at the time they did it will have definatly saved there asses.

nice toy :P I did note the FG guards on it as a point of interest. looks like a JZX chaser.

im not quite sure what the databus thing is but im pretty certain its not. its the same as s/r chassis. i havent had any worries with mine

they can only come in as standard cars cant they??

Correct Adam, so yours will still be one of the only manuals, don't stress :P

relieving :P keep the prices high on the autos!!!!!hahahaha

have you been watching the auctions for them recently? have any original turbo's shown up?

With some help from some rocket scientists in Japan certain Brokers (not Kristian), car dealers and key board warriors pushed the workshops to bid against each other and drive any profit into the ground, it is a know fact.

How can a Broker offer a car like the M35 Stagea to be complied for $2,200 when it is $1,400 just for the catalytic converters and fitting, the workshops don't advertise pricing like that.

I know a couple of workshops who have cut there pricing to keep brokers, rocket scientists and key board warriors happy and have admitted it actually did not make any difference in the amount of jobs coming in.

yes its very wet days....... Australia just needs to deregulate you need a license to take a dump.. :(

Well you don't need one to be a broker which helps the keyboard warriors and rocket scientists in Japan who all of a sudden become experts to set up shop as a broker, but the dealers act in certain states helps to fix that problem.

• 5 years later...