SAU Community

Rb30 Whorethread

N1GTR

This is long overdue, a general chat thread for all things rb30. To get us started;

Noel and TiTAN, come to Wakefield, entry thread is almost up :(

Noel maybe you could fit in MDTC or EC in the same trip?!

This is long overdue, a general chat thread for all things rb30. To get us started;

Noel and TiTAN, come to Wakefield, entry thread is almost up :D

Noel maybe you could fit in MDTC or EC in the same trip?!

I was seriously hoping that wakie would be later in the year Stevo. Old bones are hard to warm up dude. :cool:

I love my dirty 30. Just need to get it fixed and running again :cool:

What's broken?

You've got enough power on board to satisfy most skyline owners which is great to see!

I was seriously hoping that wakie would be later in the year Stevo. Old bones are hard to warm up dude. :cool:

Haha mate there's a fix for that, I always bring this portable heater there in the colder months. It was about $30 from Target or Kmart (can't remember which), it's fan forced so it heats up a room very quickly :D

also you'll see when the sau guys get there, the first thing everyone does is go straight to the rooms and heaters all turned on haha

with the RB30 legal issues. i have been told by the rta the rule is now 15% capacity increase for ACT and NSW (without an engineers report) (though it has some funny clauses about forced induction reducing that number for NSW) this makes it borderline for the GTR's (2990cc) and way off for the GTS-T's (2875cc).

anyone know when they changed the rules?

Well I will have to check work commitments before I can verify but if its doable I will come down.

You guys will be responsible for keeping me warm tho. :cool:

I'm sure we can collect something from the Diggers club to keep you warm at night, can't promise she'll look any good though haha

I'm sure we can collect something from the Diggers club to keep you warm at night, can't promise she'll look any good though haha

At my age I aint proud mate. Many a good tune played on an old fiddle. :cool:

with the RB30 legal issues. i have been told by the rta the rule is now 15% capacity increase for ACT and NSW (without an engineers report) (though it has some funny clauses about forced induction reducing that number for NSW) this makes it borderline for the GTR's (2990cc) and way off for the GTS-T's (2875cc).

anyone know when they changed the rules?

Years ago?

Doing a car up without an engineers report thesedays seems a bit silly anyway

Did you ask about NA conversions? I remember in 2006 figuring out a 4.8L could go in, so they mustve changed the rules between now and the

Did you ask about NA conversions? I remember in 2006 figuring out a 4.8L could go in, so they mustve changed the rules between now and then

The way it was implied to me that 15% was for NA

What's broken?

You've got enough power on board to satisfy most skyline owners which is great to see!

Bent the crank and had bearing metal go all thru the engine.... as the oil cooler relocation kit was hooked up wrong..

Like they always say if you want something done right better do it yourself.

Bent the crank and had bearing metal go all thru the engine.... as the oil cooler relocation kit was hooked up wrong..

Like they always say if you want something done right better do it yourself.

Ouch that sucks!

Guess you can scratch that workshop off the list then

So what stage are you at now with building it?

I've always wondered since Reading your sig the first rime, just how insane all that power would be going through an auto. Must be a handful to drive!

Yeah wont be dealing with him again but will be taking the bill to fix the engine to him.

The engine was built by Pro Engines and seems to be the goods but would have been nice to get it to the track. I have recently picked up the car and all parts after being pulled down and assessed for damages. So now i have to choose if I fix it as a 3lt of wait for the spool 3.4 kit.

And once the engine is all fixed up do I put it back in the 33 and run the 10 I was always after or put it in a 260rs stagea....

As for driving it, it has done less than 50ks on the street with a run in tune and was great to steer. So take off in 1st get it on boost, pull 2nd = wheelspin, pull top and more wheelspin. lol

That was with about 300rwkw running 10psi and 6000rpm

Greg has done quite a few of the 30's on here. wish i had taken mine to him sooner two and a half weeks for an assembled motor vs 6 months and still hadnt been touched at the other shop (dont remember what they were called).

Greg did up the 26 head also. Its had a little port work, oversize valves and everything needed for the 280 cams.

Its a bit of a pain having to freight things to the big island from Tassie to have quality work done. But the way I see it, guys have been building these engines on the mainland for years so best to deal with someone thats done the job before.

I spoke to a workshop here when I first started thinking about the 3lt idea and they said why would I want a single cam engine.... lol Not knowing that a twin cam head could be fitted. lol

Its like we are 10 years behind. hahahaha