SAU Community

Rb30 Whorethread

N1GTR

Yeah wont be dealing with him again but will be taking the bill to fix the engine to him.

The engine was built by Pro Engines and seems to be the goods but would have been nice to get it to the track. I have recently picked up the car and all parts after being pulled down and assessed for damages. So now i have to choose if I fix it as a 3lt of wait for the spool 3.4 kit.

And once the engine is all fixed up do I put it back in the 33 and run the 10 I was always after or put it in a 260rs stagea....

As for driving it, it has done less than 50ks on the street with a run in tune and was great to steer. So take off in 1st get it on boost, pull 2nd = wheelspin, pull top and more wheelspin. lol

That was with about 300rwkw running 10psi and 6000rpm

A stag that can run 10's would be a pretty nice thing to daily drive!

How do you find driving it on the street with the auto?

I love the auto. Best thing I ever did to the car.

Would be nice to change the diff gears from 4.1 to 3.7 to drop the revs on the highway.

I went to the drags here last weekend and was inspired to fix it for the 33 just to blow away the dirty V8s. lol

what do you guys think about a gt3582 with .63 rear on a rb25-30? will it choke it up or anything? its a standard bottomend rebuild and rebuilt standard head. just deciding on the turbo to use now coz i dont wanna make too much power (dont wanna go over 450rwhp on standard motor) and cant decide what turbo coz i want it in its good efficieny range but dont wanna make like 500rwhp on 18psi or anything like that. had a t04z .84 t3 off proboost but sold it before i used it and got the motor done. thinking of going another one of them but i dunno.

i will get one off the proboost guy probably coz there good prices and are meant to be real good. i dont think he can sell me a 3582 in anything except .63 rear.

Use the .82 housing mate. the 30 bottom end brings it on boost almost instantly. I reckon you would regret the smaller rear housing.

or even a 3076 with a .82 rear.

friends supra is running that setup and it drives like a stock turbo except that it makes 300kw

does anyone know whether I can use rb20 engine mount brackets on an rb30 into an r32 gtst? I haven't put it in the car to test it, but it looks like the engine will sit on a huge lean?

I've tried searching but can't find any solid info, the pdf doesn't specify which brackets to use.

the gt3582 the guy sells is only available in .63. its not garrett but meant to be good. will it be ok or should i get something else?

might get another t04z with .84 t3 flange. any ideas on what power it would do on my rb25-30 with na pistons and standard head? on about 18 psi id probably run otherwise it wouldnt be in its efficiencey range possibly i dunno about them that much. just worried about making too much power for the motor and on the other end of the scale dont want it to not be working in its proper range. will crank it up later once i get another motor or some more money so i can replace it if it blows the motor.

if its a full spec T04Z its good for 450kw or ~150kw more than you can run reliably on the stock conrod bolts/pistons. 3076 0.82 or a garrett 3582r 0.82 (mines on full boost (19-20psi) ~3500)

im not buying a garrett. only really got a choic between the .63 gt3582 or the .84 t04z. will the gt36 with .63 choke it up or will it be ok? will only be revving to about 7000 coz its a standaerd motor rebuild. wanna make 400rwhp

im going to get the t04z with 0.84 t3 rear on it. want to get 400-450rwhp for now. how many psi should i run do yous think. i wanna get the spring in my wastegate for what boost i wanna run. dont really wanna go over 450rwhp coz i spent abit rebuilding the bottomend. has mahle cast pistons and king bearings. 40 thou over i believe.

will live with the extra lag for now and crank it up more when i get another motor ready or get more money and see what this one will do. only wanna buy 1 turbo so will go the big one straight away.

the guy says his 0.63 gt3582 will do 400-430rwhp on 18psi. still would like some info from you guys on how that will go on the rb25-30 in regards to the rear choking up the motor and stuff like that. just went back into my mind about going that one maybe. need info and examples of how itl be off ya to help me decide.

How long is a piece of string. Your tuner will tell you what boost you will need to achieve the power figure you are looking for mate.

I am using the 35r with the .82 housing and have 470 rwhp at only 18 lb. Response is off the hook.

THis combo still has my vote for the best response/power package.

How long is a piece of string. Your tuner will tell you what boost you will need to achieve the power figure you are looking for mate.

I am using the 35r with the .82 housing and have 470 rwhp at only 18 lb. Response is off the hook.

THis combo still has my vote for the best response/power package.

i would be going the .82 gt35 if the guy could do one but says he cant. so its either .63 gt35 or t04z with t3.

whats done to your one to have that much power?

might just go 17 or 18 psi spring and it makes what it makes. havent picked my tuner yet. will be seeing one guy during the week

i would be going the .82 gt35 if the guy could do one but says he cant. so its either .63 gt35 or t04z with t3.

whats done to your one to have that much power?

might just go 17 or 18 psi spring and it makes what it makes. havent picked my tuner yet. will be seeing one guy during the week

I dont follow, gt35r is an off the shelf item with whatever housing you want Joe. Anyone can get one.

As for mods, its built with all the usual add ons. Head is quite mild. Building another full house head for it atm so we can really lean on it.

I dont follow, gt35r is an off the shelf item with whatever housing you want Joe. Anyone can get one.

As for mods, its built with all the usual add ons. Head is quite mild. Building another full house head for it atm so we can really lean on it.

im buying off the proboost guy. he sells his turbos to a rotary shop and has had his turbos on a few good cars running good times.

the gt3582 he sells he can only get the .63 rear housing. its like this one but there now got surge porting. http://www.proboost.com.au/level2.asp?view...lanttype=Turbos this is what the ones he has now looks like if the ebay link still shows the listing anymore http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-SKYLINE-turb...=item19bb2c660d

i already have the manifold and wastegate i got off him last year and never used and sold the t04z t3 i got off him at the same time. so im just about to finish the motor and buy turbo again.

dunno if il go the gt3582 kit as listed or get the to4z for $785+$90 for water coolded core. thinking i could go the gt3582 kit for $850 then sell the spare wastegate and manifold to make it cheaper. can also get the 3582 with t66 wheel, used to be able to anyway.

so id like some info on how itd go with the .63 gt3582. might go that for ultimate response and over 400rwhp but dunno much about turbos to know if it will be a restriction and end up not being that good.