SAU Community

Rb30 Whorethread

N1GTR

im buying off the proboost guy. he sells his turbos to a rotary shop and has had his turbos on a few good cars running good times.

the gt3582 he sells he can only get the .63 rear housing. its like this one but there now got surge porting. http://www.proboost.com.au/level2.asp?view...lanttype=Turbos this is what the ones he has now looks like if the ebay link still shows the listing anymore http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-SKYLINE-turb...=item19bb2c660d

i already have the manifold and wastegate i got off him last year and never used and sold the t04z t3 i got off him at the same time. so im just about to finish the motor and buy turbo again.

dunno if il go the gt3582 kit as listed or get the to4z for $785+$90 for water coolded core. thinking i could go the gt3582 kit for $850 then sell the spare wastegate and manifold to make it cheaper. can also get the 3582 with t66 wheel, used to be able to anyway.

so id like some info on how itd go with the .63 gt3582. might go that for ultimate response and over 400rwhp but dunno much about turbos to know if it will be a restriction and end up not being that good.

for $800 brand new they arent a genuine GT3582 turbo they are a cheap knock off copy, remember the poor man pays twice.

Also 0.63AR exhaust housing is an odd AR for a rotary engine they normally like nice big turbine housings.

Stay well the f**k away from those proboost turbos, seen them before and they are nasty chinese junk, if you want the proper performance like what noel is gettingg you need to go a proper GT3582R

How long is a piece of string. Your tuner will tell you what boost you will need to achieve the power figure you are looking for mate.

I am using the 35r with the .82 housing and have 470 rwhp at only 18 lb. Response is off the hook.

THis combo still has my vote for the best response/power package.

A VL up your way ran 9.95 with one...mad turbo for the DiRTy30.

My genuine A8 block has had all the Red R Racing treatment...bigger main studs, bigger head studs, bigger bearing feeds, bigger oil drains, bigger bores...

Just waiting for the Nitto forged billet full 12 counterweight knife edged i beam custom piston 3.2 litre stroker kit to arrive.

1500hp anyone?

Edited by Swiper the Fox

My genuine A8 block has had all the Red R Racing treatment...bigger main studs, bigger head studs, bigger bearing feeds, bigger oil drains, bigger bores...

Just waiting for the Nitto forged billet full 12 counterweight knife edged i beam custom piston 3.2 litre stroker kit to arrive.

1500hp anyone?

Andrew came past last wed and said the dirty 30 crank is not far off, should be a good thing.

How long is a piece of string. Your tuner will tell you what boost you will need to achieve the power figure you are looking for mate.

I am using the 35r with the .82 housing and have 470 rwhp at only 18 lb. Response is off the hook.

THis combo still has my vote for the best response/power package.

That's fkn awesome to know ehehehe

That's the turbo I have going on my 25/30, what manifold and gate are you using? which head and what cams?

Cheers!

That's fkn awesome to know ehehehe

That's the turbo I have going on my 25/30, what manifold and gate are you using? which head and what cams?

Cheers!

6 boost manifold, 44 mil tial gate and a mildly ported head with pon cams bubba. Its a very easy setup to live with mate.

thinking about lashing out for a garrett gt3582 with .82 rear. only about 550 extra if this dudes still selling them at the good price. tell me a story about how good it will be to help me make up my mind

Having owned a R32 GTST with a RB25 with an Apexi AX53b70 and then 3076 .84 in it and a R32 GTR with 2510s and having been in Noels car i can tell you its good, in literally any gear at any rpm Noel can accelerate and it will just get up and go! IMO its one of the best engine/turbo packages you can get. Response wise abit like the Apexi but slightly faster on boost and making about 100rwkw more at the same boost! And it really craps on both of my other set ups which i used to think were pretty good. You wont be dissapointed if you follow the same path.

6 boost manifold, 44 mil tial gate and a mildly ported head with pon cams bubba. Its a very easy setup to live with mate.

Ahh nice, I gots a 6boob mani, 50mm progate but stock DE head and cams, can't afford to lash out on headwork/cams yet so we'll see how this setup goes.

P.S. got and vids of skids?:P

thinking about lashing out for a garrett gt3582 with .82 rear. only about 550 extra if this dudes still selling them at the good price. tell me a story about how good it will be to help me make up my mind

If you live in my neck of the woods I'll do better than tell you a story Joe, Get your crack in the passenger seat and come for a run. If that doesnt convince you nothing will.

Ahh nice, I gots a 6boob mani, 50mm progate but stock DE head and cams, can't afford to lash out on headwork/cams yet so we'll see how this setup goes.

P.S. got and vids of skids? :P

will see how mine goes with stock DET springs and cams when i find the money to change a few bits around (map sensor, exhaust, intercooler, few other bits and pieces) and get it retuned with more booosts

1500hp anyone?

I would love 1500hp. :(

Whats the cost for one of your DiRTy30 bottom ends...?

Im looking at the options for fixing my engine. All the top end is fine so just need to fix bottom end. It has bent the crank and I have been told the pistons and rods are fine.

I would also be looking at grout filling part of the block and maybe some type of girdle. Engine made 475rwkw @ 24psi @ 8200.

I'm bigtime disapointed about Noel having no Tyres left at Wakefield, I'd love to see how your car goes! Maybe when I'm at Qld next.....or if you're down here for SAUNSW day at Wakefield :(

will see how mine goes with stock DET springs and cams when i find the money to change a few bits around (map sensor, exhaust, intercooler, few other bits and pieces) and get it retuned with more booosts

Nice, this head/cam/springs have made 365rwkw @ 21psi so should handle what I want to do fine, more interested in when the 35R will come on boost and make its' power.. 15psi by somewhere in the 3000-3500rpm range would be nice!