SAU Community

Rb30 Whorethread

N1GTR

Imagine something like a 3071 on a 3L. Fkn hell that would be fun

Probably be something like the 25 turbo was on my 30.. 12psi by 2200rpm! lol

Yep id be happy with that!!!

How was it in the top end?

Its so frustrating trying to get the "perfect" set up. I want to get mine coming on about 1500rpm sooner, so i think changing cams is the go. Makes 400rwkw at 5000rpm now.

Id hate to be chasing something like a 180sx with a 3L and a super responsive turbo through hills though, there's just no chance of catching something like that haha

i currently have a stock 25 turbo on mine, great fun at street speeds though its dissapointing over 3k and horrid over 5k

Yep id be happy with that!!!

How was it in the top end?

Its so frustrating trying to get the "perfect" set up. I want to get mine coming on about 1500rpm sooner, so i think changing cams is the go. Makes 400rwkw at 5000rpm now.

Id hate to be chasing something like a 180sx with a 3L and a super responsive turbo through hills though, there's just no chance of catching something like that haha

i dont think cams will get you 1500rpm when .5L only gets you 1000rpm sooner.

i currently have a stock 25 turbo on mine, great fun at street speeds though its dissapointing over 3k and horrid over 5k

is that with a aftermarket computer or the standard one? wouldnt mind getting mine going on the standard one for the moment then putting the aftermarket one in abit later. can do it all now/whenever i want if i really want but would love to get it running again without spending all my money on it.

has anyone used the standard ecu on their rb25-30? sorta worried about doing that coz it might be in the rich maps and wont allow the new motor to bed in properly from running rich. piston rings and glazing the bores and crap like that

is that with a aftermarket computer or the standard one? wouldnt mind getting mine going on the standard one for the moment then putting the aftermarket one in abit later. can do it all now/whenever i want if i really want but would love to get it running again without spending all my money on it.

has anyone used the standard ecu on their rb25-30? sorta worried about doing that coz it might be in the rich maps and wont allow the new motor to bed in properly from running rich. piston rings and glazing the bores and crap like that

aftermarket ECU my RB30 has had an aftermarket ecu since it was installed never used the stocker on it. Its still running the GT35R tune too and runs surprisingly well, no knock issues and the mixtures are good. Havent had to touch it at all, except when it blew a cooler pipe off and was running on 4 cyls, still drove ok like that though go map sensor ecus :P

Imagine something like a 3071 on a 3L. Fkn hell that would be fun

i think a 3071 would be seriously borderline for exhaust turbine flow @ 7500-8000rpm. the 3076 makes a great combo boost starts properly building at 1500 and takes off at 2500 (thats a friends supra (3076 0.82 rear/6boost mani/44mm external gate) but an RB would be similar). maybe you should go something like that on yours steve? it hauls ass out of corners and is so smooth in its power delivery.

i dont think cams will get you 1500rpm when .5L only gets you 1000rpm sooner.

Well there's mixed views on which cams for what rpm band etc

Only one way to find out though :P

i think a 3071 would be seriously borderline for exhaust turbine flow @ 7500-8000rpm. the 3076 makes a great combo boost starts properly building at 1500 and takes off at 2500 (thats a friends supra (3076 0.82 rear/6boost mani/44mm external gate) but an RB would be similar). maybe you should go something like that on yours steve? it hauls ass out of corners and is so smooth in its power delivery.

It would be nice for response and hillclimbs, but i cant go backwards in power. It just feels so good right now, im finding the happy balance between power and response