SAU Community

I detailed my engine bay ...

predator

Well after quite a few hours spraying my cover, and also repainting my intercooler piping yesterday and today, I got it all back together Came up pretty awesome!

I wish i had the money to spend on a few other engine bits and pieces :P

engine_bay005.jpg

engine_bay002.jpg

engine_bay001.jpg

thanx guys..

Nice,  

Wanna help me do mine? And have you got any pics of the outside?

How many beers is it worth? :P its not that difficult but it takes a bit of time and effort. Cost is negligible which is the best part ;) Outside? :embarassed:, it kind of needs the door repainted and a couple of other things. A few months ago it was looking really nice.

What did you use to get both side of the rocker covers silver and shiny?

The rocker covers (and same for the throttle intake) were taken off, sanded, and polished, sanded and polished, etc until they come up all shiny. There is a thread somewhere on it. Painting is the easy part. I'd do the plenum as well, but the work involved.. mb one day.

Looks quite nice Predator, infact you did it the same colour as what i did to mine about 6mths ago when i was bored 1 sunday afternoon. Believe it or not I even bought some more paint today so i could spray some more parts tomorrow night.

I bought maroon (as close to the factory Wine Red colour as I could get) to spray the rocker covers and black to spray any visible suspensiion or underbody parts. So much fun can be had with $25 worth of spray paint hehe

Heres the pics that I took of mine ages ago:

(http://skylines.pnc.com.au/pics/ben/gold/)

tgold1.jpg

tgold2.jpg

tgold3.jpg

Nice!!!

where do u get all that colored rubber hose from?

at first thought ude think it would be everywhere.. havent been able to find ne!

u obviously used High temp pain too.. i hope !

Whats involved in doing the cam covers/rocker cover? how many time do u need to sand and polish it to come out nice?

mines kinda dirty, degreased the engine bay a few days ago, looks better, but i want it nicer