SAU Community

Secret Squirrel Launch Techniques

So who has been following the secret sauce launch sercrets thread on the USA forums?

as far as i can tell there are two less known methods:

1) Double pump the gas pedal. Stab the accelerator as per launch mode usual, then let go and pump again (quickly). You may see rpm's climb to as much as 4500 then. I've tried this a fw times on my ADM but got clutch overheat each time on attempted launch, bummer..

2) Brake bumper! Stage up as per launch mode usual, then let go of the brake and slam it back on again. Apparently this results in RPM climbing (brake off on quickly) Anyone tried this?

Interested to hear how the aussies launch their r35's

lol these cars have cheats? I heard that if you have your foot on the brake, turn on the rear demister, hit the left indicator twice while pulling the up gear shift that it puts the car into "no damage" mode. Until you next stop the car any crashes you have do not cause any loss of performance or handling. Heard this from the targa guys.

seriously though...do you launch it from a standing start and how well is it standing up to it? the jdm cars that everyone is running at targa or similar do 15-30 launch control launches each event and I only know of one that has lunched their transaxle.

I have to admit I know the LC2 is supposed to be a bit faster 0-100 but I bloody loved the LC1 in the JDM cars. what can beat sitting at a set of lights and for the hell of it dialling up nearly 5,000rpm and getting a nice screaming, wheel spinning launch with nearly 1g of acceleration? it's anti-social, rude, loud, bad for your car but my god it's fun and I love it! The LC2 just seems kind of tame in comparison. :rofl:

I have to admit I know the LC2 is supposed to be a bit faster 0-100 but I bloody loved the LC1 in the JDM cars. what can beat sitting at a set of lights and for the hell of it dialling up nearly 5,000rpm and getting a nice screaming, wheel spinning launch with nearly 1g of acceleration? it's anti-social, rude, loud, bad for your car but my god it's fun and I love it! The LC2 just seems kind of tame in comparison. ;)

It's all a bit unfair isn't it :rofl:

Btw guys i tried the brake pump technique today. Launch mode as per usual, then let off the brake and slam it back on quickly, revs rise quite substantially. However i got cluthc overheat straight away. Dunno if i will be using that little trick at the strip.

• 3 weeks later...

I presume it is whilst gaining revs and helps the revs climb beyond 2000-2200 to make more like 4000rpm prior to launch

sounds interesting though, I presume it is only a partial release pump of the brake to stop it from launching before you are ready!.

yeah the brake thing is just gonna f**k it worse than normal and make it slower . how is putting the brake son gonna make it faster ?

Releasing the brakes momentarily tricks the system and the revs rise. You can ultimately launch with more revs = faster. Check out some of the USA drag racing videos, a few of them do it.

Releasing the brakes momentarily tricks the system and the revs rise. You can ultimately launch with more revs = faster. Check out some of the USA drag racing videos, a few of them do it.

Could you imagine taking someone on at the traffic lights using this "brake release" technique :P You would have to be pretty good at anticipating the light change. I suppose a sportsman christmas tree makes it easier....

I'd just wait for the new Cobb release that allows you to dial in whatever revs you like to launch on.

We are currently alpha testing AP-NIS-006 hardware and software for the GTR which allows full 'Dial Your Own' Launch Control RPM settings. No more cloak and dagger - simply stand on it, and straight up to the preset. Also allows the racers to switch between LC1 and LC2. Smoke and Mirrors launch control techniques are a thing of the past :P

Edited by Martin Donnon

Could you imagine taking someone on at the traffic lights using this "brake release" technique :P You would have to be pretty good at anticipating the light change. I suppose a sportsman christmas tree makes it easier....

I'd just wait for the new Cobb release that allows you to dial in whatever revs you like to launch on.

I agree the brake method is clumsy, as it the double pump. The USA guys seem to have ti perfected though. Also on another note; you could go to say justjap in sydney and with their consult 3 product, apply the latest tcm update with touch point recalibration (i did) and you actually get LC2 in your ADM for about $100.

yeah the brake thing is just gonna f**k it worse than normal and make it slower . how is putting the brake son gonna make it faster ?

How will launching with more revs make it slower?? Driving an automatic (normally with a hi stall converter) that is how you launch. You use all the braking you can use while bringing the revs up as high as possible while not moving, then LAUNCH!

Although the brake pump just seems to trick the ecu to allow the revs to rise to launch.

We are currently alpha testing AP-NIS-006 hardware and software for the GTR which allows full 'Dial Your Own' Launch Control RPM settings. No more cloak and dagger - simply stand on it, and straight up to the preset. Also allows the racers to switch between LC1 and LC2. Smoke and Mirrors launch control techniques are a thing of the past :)

be keen to get details when you are ready.

of course i know how it f**kin is gonna make it launch faster but its pretty crud and inneficient . and your reaction time is gonna be shit isnt it ?. its about on par with revving ut an auto in nuetral and slamming it into drive

of course i know how it f**kin is gonna make it launch faster but its pretty crud and inneficient . and your reaction time is gonna be shit isnt it ?. its about on par with revving ut an auto in nuetral and slamming it into drive

it's just a way to trick the computer to raise the revs. next to nobody doing this cares about reaction times, just the ET/MPH.

how is putting the brake son gonna make it faster ?
of course i know how it f**kin is gonna make it launch faster

Thats some nice work there :D

its about on par with revving ut an auto in nuetral and slamming it into drive

Nope nowhere near it. Its about par with launching a manual car with 3,000rpm, hardly what I would call abuse. Certainly nothing like revving an auto in neutral and slamming it into drive. The car is designed to launch you are just increasing the revs.