SAU Community

V36 Sat Nav Conversion

Sorry, I meant the V36. Can't wait to pick it up :D

hi all. new to the site. just picked up my 2008 v36 last week :P . cant wait for the english conversion!!! has there been any progress with the conversion?

thanks

shane

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay on the reply.

After multiple attempts to get the nav conversion going i've been offered a refund by the supplier/installer who just can't seem to quite get the thing going so i'm going back to the video out option from my samsung mobile which works nicely anyway. Gives both video and audio directions from the factory screen and speakers system but obviously no touchscreen on the headunit. If anyone wants to see the phone approach just let me know and i'll get some photos uploaded.

Thanks

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay on the reply.

After multiple attempts to get the nav conversion going i've been offered a refund by the supplier/installer who just can't seem to quite get the thing going so i'm going back to the video out option from my samsung mobile which works nicely anyway. Gives both video and audio directions from the factory screen and speakers system but obviously no touchscreen on the headunit. If anyone wants to see the phone approach just let me know and i'll get some photos uploaded.

Thanks

Id love to see it. Wish this worked with the iphone

Id love to see it. Wish this worked with the iphone

Hi Scarf

There is an interesting thread presently running that uses an IPhone 4

see:

Video In Motion Solution, Cheapskate - DIY Job for those with iPhones

Its for a V35 - but I wonder if it could work on a V36 with the av input plugs and the V36 JDM TV??

Peter Melb.

Hi Scarf

There is an interesting thread presently running that uses an IPhone 4

see:

Video In Motion Solution, Cheapskate - DIY Job for those with iPhones

Its for a V35 - but I wonder if it could work on a V36 with the av input plugs and the V36 JDM TV??

Peter Melb.

Ive just downloaded those apps, and I'll give it a go tonight. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

who has the car - if its RAWS (brisbane) have them shoot me an email.

I can do the navi and TV side of things and keep the cameras as well.

What!?!?!? Damn

i got mine already and i'm in Sydney. Anyone in Sydney that does it?

Whats the cost approximately?

nope.

4 figure sum though and I won't elaborate on which side either.

that is just unfortunate

is there a solution to get at least the tv working? i can survive on my phone gps like i have in the past, just not the holistic solution for a new car that i would've liked, oh well.

thanks

without money - not really.

that car is unique to japan and as such the systems are as well. to get it working outside that country is a full refit and that also counts for the TV side of things.

OK:

this is a NON NAVI car I am working on. now the unit that is in it IS IDENTICAL to the local 370Z unit. plugs,wiring,screen - everything!

for those that want a easy way out of the radio and lack of navi issues - 370Z/G37 panel IS THE WAY TO DO IT!

Chris, if it was possible to get the dvd containing nav maps for our local 370z, would this run and load into our cars?

If all the hardware is the same, is this more of a software issue?

firmware would stop it. already been down this path with 3 toyota units. it will load it speak in english but not load the maps or anything else.

the only reason I mentioned the non navi car is that it uses a jap variant of the 370z item and whilst looking at the USDM and local 370 z manuals its the same unit electrically.

the navi version of the V36 is ENTIRELY different.

firmware would stop it. already been down this path with 3 toyota units. it will load it speak in english but not load the maps or anything else.

the only reason I mentioned the non navi car is that it uses a jap variant of the 370z item and whilst looking at the USDM and local 370 z manuals its the same unit electrically.

the navi version of the V36 is ENTIRELY different.

Chris,

Could you list which version is possible to convert or are you still playing with car from WA? What functionality it would get? Also what is your estimates in $$?

I take non-navi doesn't have any cameras and dash buttons layout is different so can identify easily?

Thanks.