SAU Community

V36 Sat Nav Conversion

firmware would stop it. already been down this path with 3 toyota units. it will load it speak in english but not load the maps or anything else.

the only reason I mentioned the non navi car is that it uses a jap variant of the 370z item and whilst looking at the USDM and local 370 z manuals its the same unit electrically.

the navi version of the V36 is ENTIRELY different.

cheers mate.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me non navi is easier to work with. less dicking around. as for functionality on a non navi car - navi,camera for a start. I'm still fiddling with this one.

yet to fully strip a navi one. seems people like to keep those stock. if there is one out there - toss it my way.

on further inspection :

IPOD - *MAY* be possible on the non navi car. I'll know in the morning once I get a unit in my hand. I know the US spec one got SAT radio and I have a feeling this one *MAY* have the firmware for it.

OK PARTS SWAPPING TIME:

USDM DISPLAY NON NAVI BUTTON SET:

28395-JK60B

USDM 6CD RADIO/6CD UNIT

25915-JK64A

AUDM 370Z 6CD UNIT - NON NAVIGATION

25915-JJ55B

-----------------

Only part number I CANNOT find is the USDM (or canadian) main G37 control panel. this looks like it is is going to be a hybrid setup using the JDM front and the USDM rear boards. the rest marries up with out a hassle.

I'll have prices on the buttons and local radio over the next few days.

Chris,

Could you list which version is possible to convert or are you still playing with car from WA? What functionality it would get? Also what is your estimates in $?

I take non-navi doesn't have any cameras and dash buttons layout is different so can identify easily?

Thanks.

in short I can do both versions.

I can do the non navi version a LOT neater as I do not have to frig around with the bose gear.

if I was doing one I would fix the radio with a local one and use the USDM button set as a starter. from there punch in :

NAVI (garmin) and route the audio to the drivers door. video to the OEM screen - controls via remote - no touch screen on the non navi.

CAMERA - REAR

CAMERA - FRONT

SIDE CAMERA, IF someone was game to let me buy the side camera mirrors

and this would all work on the factory screen

non navi is a lot easier to ID. 6 buttons on the dash screen instead of 12. different screen.

as for costs $POA. I never have been one to discuss costs on these things publicly - too many people whinge and bitch about it :)

USDM DISPLAY NON NAVI BUTTON SET:

28395-JK60B - $550 - new.

USDM 6CD RADIO/6CD UNIT

25915-JK64A - market value via ebay.

AUDM 370Z 6CD UNIT - NON NAVIGATION

25915-JJ55B - $2k. fixes lang/radio reception issues.

Hey Chris, If the 370Z uint fits straight in, do you think a 2009 & up Maxima will too? Know a bloke here with one but can't talk him in to letin' me pull it out :rolleyes: all very similar to a 370GT.

nah - different :(

we have garmin navi, a rear camera and a ipod in this one. I still have to sort a few more things on it before I take a few images and toss it on a truck.

the owner did not opt for cruise on it.

nah - different :(

we have garmin navi, a rear camera and a ipod in this one. I still have to sort a few more things on it before I take a few images and toss it on a truck.

the owner did not opt for cruise on it.

sounds like a nice job you've done.

have you adapted a GPS system in a car with rear and side camera already? Im having a guess it would be difficult to integrate the existing camera setup to the new screen?

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris

I have the USDM with Navi that I can chuck your way if you want to pull it down. PM me an address and I will box it up and send it your way. I have been to plenty of people in Syd and they just had no idea. Expensive mistake on my part. however will chuck it your way for research purposes.

I am currently looking for a J32 Maxima TI to rip the navi system out of and get that fitted I will use the current face panel with the US navi buttons so no fabricating is needed. I have been told that this has been done and works very well. the guy that did this before site details are below.

http://www.nam.net.au/motorvehicles.htm

He said he can buy the parts from Nissan for $10G however if I find a wrecker with the maxima that price will come down to around $3/4 which I am ok with.

Talk soon

Hi Chris

I have the USDM with Navi that I can chuck your way if you want to pull it down. PM me an address and I will box it up and send it your way. I have been to plenty of people in Syd and they just had no idea. Expensive mistake on my part. however will chuck it your way for research purposes.

I am currently looking for a J32 Maxima TI to rip the navi system out of and get that fitted I will use the current face panel with the US navi buttons so no fabricating is needed. I have been told that this has been done and works very well. the guy that did this before site details are below.

http://www.nam.net.au/motorvehicles.htm

He said he can buy the parts from Nissan for $10G however if I find a wrecker with the maxima that price will come down to around $3/4 which I am ok with.

Talk soon

I priced all the parts out of a J32 aswell after buying my coupe, they quoted me just over 5K for all the parts. That included the navi, dvd & cd radio box behind the air con & stereo controls, I already have the usdm button pad :blush:

Have been keeping an eye out on the auction sites buy I haven't seen a 350TI come up yet.

Also been trying to hire a 350ti, but all the hire companys only seem to have 350ST's.

Hi Chris

http://www.nam.net.a...torvehicles.htm

Talk soon

the address in my sig is fine.

370Z is a better idea. they are a LOT closer than a J32. that said I would LOVE to see how its been done. especially if it is the same fellow that cut the hell out of a 350Z box to make a DVD fit in the glovebox hole.

if somone will toss me a car and a open checkbook I'll do one to factory spec.

the key issue that you have though is yours is a single piece. the 370/J32 are two pieces.more to this issue is the connections on the unit you have vs the local one. its ALL different bar the audio out side of things. the later J32 uses DVI the 370z doesn't.. the DVI plug on the J32 is different to what is in the V36. been down this path already with a different nissan.

I priced all the parts out of a J32 aswell after buying my coupe, they quoted me just over 5K for all the parts. That included the navi, dvd & cd radio box behind the air con & stereo controls, I already have the usdm button pad :blush:

Have been keeping an eye out on the auction sites buy I haven't seen a 350TI come up yet.

Also been trying to hire a 350ti, but all the hire companys only seem to have 350ST's.

same here.

funny about those buttons eh :P

been trying to find a sports car rental myself. same idea. tear it down and take a lot of notes. already done the schematic side of it for the local 370 and J32.

• 3 weeks later...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SLgAJtQIPE

not sure if anyone seen's this? Plug an iphone into the car and to get GPS.......does he mean, via the AUX video port? If so that is pretty much common sense or does he mean the 16 pin connectors next to the audxiliary ports? I thoguht the japs didn't make an ipod intergration?

i'm confused but yet excited at what his saying.....

yep he's using the AV in. there's not any other 'layman's' way of doing it. the one I do I do it an ENTIRELY different way.

the do not support ipod in that generation only a specific phone.

• 5 months later...

No Conversion but have found the manuals for Infinity 37g ... it takes a while to translate from USA to Japanese model (LH to RH) but most of the menus can be worked out lots of trial & error only had my car for 2 days but this is the most helpful info i've found so far!

http://www.infinitiusa.com/pdf/techpubs/2009/2009-Infiniti-Navi.pdf

http://www.infinitiusa.com/pdf/techpubs/g37%20coupe/2009/2009-Infiniti-G37.pdf

http://www.infinitiusa.com/pdf/techpubs/g37%20coupe/2009/2009_G37_Coupe_QRG.pdf