SAU Community

V36 Sat Nav Conversion

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm curious as to whether or not one retains the functionality of both the rear and side mirror cameras.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of another little project. I recall there being a (Panasonic) OEM navigation module in the boot of the V36 and I'm thinking of developing a navigation unit of my own, built from a little Intel NUC which can live in the same space alongside the Panasonic module and intercept the video signals coming from the OEM unit. I'm hoping it's a DVI feed for clarity's sake but will accept an RGB solution if I have to. Worst case scenario, I'll have to feed the awful composite video input instead.

The GPS antenna will be a Garmin module with serial data output to feed the NUC with. Software will be based on a freebie (and maybe later their paid version) of MapFactor Navigator, which uses either open source or TomTom maps. It works well as an app on my phone but no phone has a reasonable amount of grunt to operate reliably, let alone smash the life out of the battery, even with a car charger.

The point of all this drivel from me is, does anyone have even an excerpt of the JDM workshop manual that shows the pinouts of the Panasonic navigation module? Google is of no help and I'm close to asking my importer from 2011 about getting in touch with one of his Japanese contacts for one if desperation sets in.