SAU Community

Steelbraided Water And Oil Lines On Rb26dett

i was looking at some steel braided water and oil lines that they sell on ebay for the rb26dett..

i want to buy this for making uninstall and install of turbo's easier..

what i still cant understand is from where to where exacly will these lines replace?

for the oil lines.. will it replace from block till turbo directly? or from block to the adapter that is bolted at the turbo with the 2 10mm bolts?

the water lines.. will it replace from block till turbo directly? or from block to the adapter? and then from turbo directly to the hard pipe that runs above the turbo manifold and along the head? or will it replace the full water hard pipes that run along the head?

anyone have pictures of these lines fitted?

thanks in advance

Well which ebay ones are you talking about?

You would have to ask the supplier what lines are replaced in their kit. No-one here will be able to tell you unless they have purchased the exact same one really.

Well which ebay ones are you talking about?

You would have to ask the supplier what lines are replaced in their kit. No-one here will be able to tell you unless they have purchased the exact same one really.

this is the oil line

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and water lines

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I bought some of these some months ago, however waiting to install them with turbos. Some of the fittings don't look all crash hot so if I use them I will ask for someone to supply speedflow fittings (which will defineatley bump up the price of this exercise).

I only did it because at the time I thought this would be better in the long run, as I have heard some people crimping lines during installation and not realising it till turbo blows etc.

I was really keen on braided lines as on my previous car, an s15, the water lines severed when the metal in the manifolds would expand/contract when heated but since ive been told that the gtr solid lines are very good and if you install a good, new turbo, you wont have to touch them.

if you have the spare money, then why not cos they do look nice but if your on a budget then probably not worth it.

I certainly wouldnt buy an unknown kit as you may destroy your engine/turbo/overheat etc.

Go for a trusted brand, even trust greddy oil filter relocation kits ive heard will leak. So speedflow fittings and maybe pirtek for lines would be the go? what other brands of braided lines are there?

I would pick factory hard lines over braided in a stock turbo location every time. Plenty of cars still running the original lines after 20 years, wheras i doubt you could say that for braided ones.

i bought the ebay braided lines just for looks,

for the price there good but i had to buy 2 extra fitting which cost bout $20

they replace everyline except the top line that runs along the cam cover

the lines are a lot longer then they need to be aswell but can be made to look neat

i bought the ebay braided lines just for looks,

for the price there good but i had to buy 2 extra fitting which cost bout $20

they replace everyline except the top line that runs along the cam cover

the lines are a lot longer then they need to be aswell but can be made to look neat

ali-turko.... do you have some pics you can share?

Just so you all know:

Braided lines, either nylon lined or rubber lined- will not last as long as people might think... I do alot of work with hydralic/fuel/water lines in and around hot areas. 3-5 years is the max service life.

You can crimp braided lines easier than seel ones

You have many more potential areas for leaks or blockages... sepecially if they are cheap fittings.

The actual alluminium fittings will corrode together if subject to water

The rubber and nylon inserts will break down quite quickly if exposed to heat cycles...

Also, the orange "fire sleeve" you can buy is designed to be a direct flame retanrdant-- not a heat shield.

If you really need to change the solid lines, Trust and HKS both make them aftermarket- I'm fairly shure they are stainless steel too. Or bend your own set up from ally and use the aerquip flare tube nut and sleeve.

Use braided line with caution.

J.

i bought a set for my r33 gtr when it was std had to replace the t3 flange gasket so did all gaskets on turbo side while i was in there and put the braided lines back in.

now after a new engine multi time iv pulled the turbos on and off i dont regret it, they are worth every cent take turbo installation time down by half, i can rip turbos off and back on in 2 1/2 hours now.

went to replace a mates turbos in his r32 with re using stock lines was a hell of a job the time you waist in the std lines pays for the braided lines over.

Yeah I am running the oil/water ebay lines listed there on my rb30dett now, quality is actually decent for the price.

Bending the stock lines up for a rb30dett and keeping the shape is painful, hence I went this way.

Also as per ^^ removing the turbos now is so much easier. The extra length works on a rb30dett if you have one and are thinking about these.