SAU Community

Dashboard Lights And Rear Lights Not Working

MRSAMO

Hi folks,

Needs a heads up on my dashboard and rear lights not working (headlights and interior lights are working).

- Dimmer is not the problem

- I've checked the fuses under the bonnet near the battery, according to http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthr...2370&page=2 there is an 10A-TAIL L fuse which I can't find in my R32

- I've looked at this http://usagtr.googlepages.com/R32_fuse_box_eng.pdf to check the TAIL LIGHT FUSE and there is no problem

- I've checked the other fuses and they appear to be alright

I'm pretty sure that I need to find the 10A-TAIL L fuse to fix the problem but where is it in the R32?

Many thanks.

Hi folks,

Needs a heads up on my dashboard and rear lights not working (headlights and interior lights are working).

- Dimmer is not the problem

- I've checked the fuses under the bonnet near the battery, according to http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthr...2370&page=2 there is an 10A-TAIL L fuse which I can't find in my R32

- I've looked at this http://usagtr.googlepages.com/R32_fuse_box_eng.pdf to check the TAIL LIGHT FUSE and there is no problem

- I've checked the other fuses and they appear to be alright

I'm pretty sure that I need to find the 10A-TAIL L fuse to fix the problem but where is it in the R32?

Many thanks.

stupid question:

have you looked at all the fuses under the dash?

• 2 months later...

hey mate had the same issue not too long ago.. unfortunately this is going to suck for you.. first pull out under dash and check all wires are not dodgey.. mine was a mess and was shorting out my fuses infact turns out my problem was the harness.. i pulled the dash out and my clip was melted.. had to re-wire and resolder the replacement with a new light switch and all was good.. if this is what is happening to yours then you will notice the dash light not working and the rear taillights not working but my brake lights worked.. (they run of the same line mate). hope this helps... cheers..

hey mate had the same issue not too long ago.. unfortunately this is going to suck for you.. first pull out under dash and check all wires are not dodgey.. mine was a mess and was shorting out my fuses infact turns out my problem was the harness.. i pulled the dash out and my clip was melted.. had to re-wire and resolder the replacement with a new light switch and all was good.. if this is what is happening to yours then you will notice the dash light not working and the rear taillights not working but my brake lights worked.. (they run of the same line mate). hope this helps... cheers..

sorry but i find it unlikely about tail and dash lights running from same power supply as brake lights if thats what you meant. never seen it before and would give no visibilty as night if there was a problem on either circuit.

sorry but i find it unlikely about tail and dash lights running from same power supply as brake lights if thats what you meant. never seen it before and would give no visibilty as night if there was a problem on either circuit.

The dash lights and tail lights run on the same circuit in an R31 skyline. If your tail lights are out, you can't see your dash lights. Not sure on the R32 though.

I've just bought an R32 and I don't have any dash lights. The inner two tail lights are working but the outside ones are off (i'm not sure if they're meant to be on with an R32). Brake lights are working.

Hopefully I can find the problem...

The dash lights and tail lights run on the same circuit in an R31 skyline. If your tail lights are out, you can't see your dash lights. Not sure on the R32 though.

I've just bought an R32 and I don't have any dash lights. The inner two tail lights are working but the outside ones are off (i'm not sure if they're meant to be on with an R32). Brake lights are working.

Hopefully I can find the problem...

Hey I just got my dash lights working! It was the dimmer switch. I pulled the dimmer switch out and bypassed it by connecting the two wires together. Everything is working sweet now!

• 7 years later...