SAU Community

Mnor Mods For A R34

E_Lu-SHuN

:flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed:

Those ne1 have suggestions for mods on a r34....

nothing big though

i was finking of the following mods for a decent improvement without changing the internals

-hi flo the turbo

-front mount

-custom manifold

-full 3ich exhaust

-Eboost

-air induction kit

-bov (HKS SSQBOV)

Any other suggestions guys?

and how mux Do u reckon for all of that mods that i listed.(include labour)

thanks...it will help me alot for future mods

a common question...

first gotta ask yourself what sort of power you ultimately want and how do you want it? ie. responsive or all top end?

some comments below:

-hi flo the turbo

imho, pointless. will cost you $1950 from GCG and thats only stage 1. a 2nd hand low km HKS 2530 bolt on will cost you similar if not less money. Greenline online will sell you a brand new HKS 2530 delivered to your door for $2500 of which includes a full kit of gaskets and lines. If you wait another 6 months, HKS is releasing the GTRS turbo for the RB25. Well thats what one guy from the HKS stand at Tokyo Autosalon told me this year.

-front  mount

i didnt get a major "seat of the pants" improvement with my FMIC upgrade. I have a HKS TypeS bolt on kit. The stock i/c will flow quite alot, again it comes down to my original point - what power are you chasing? my FMIC cost me about $1500 2nd hand but it was in mint condition. Installation was free since i did it myself with a friend at a panel shop. http://www.pbase.com/franks/07dec02_fmic_install

be prepared to be pay around $400 for installation.

-custom manifold

i could see the money for this being put to better use for the type of power figure i reckon you're chasing.

-full  3ich exhaust

yup. a must for turbo cars. the cat back section you could do yourself, the front and dump pipes i would get a exhaust or workshop to do. brand new you're looking at around $1800 for a full exhaust. your paying another couple hundred for installation im guessing.

-Eboost

electronic boost controller?? or Trust unit? boost is free power!!! always a good modification!!! couple hundred installation, unsure on the $ figure of a new one of these. 2nd hand AVCR's are around the $800 mark from memory. i've installed the AVCR onto my WRX, got a workshop to install it on my Skyline but they still managed to screw it up by mixing the throttle position and rpm wires even with instructions!!!???!?!?!?

-air induction kit

lots of noise, not alot of performance. i would stick with stock airbox with a hiflow air filter panel replacement. easier on the ears and the defects. my hiflow panel cost me $80

-bov (HKS SSQBOV)

no comment. waste of money if your stock bov isnt leaking or if you arent intending to run major boost.

Any other suggestions guys?

and how mux Do u reckon for all of that mods that i listed.(include labour)

thanks...it will help me alot for future mods

i would definately consider the following:

-a bolt on HKS unit over a hiflow of your stock unit

-a clutch (if you're chasing any power figure over 200rwkw)

-a bleed valve as a boost controller over an EBC

-fuel management such as fuel pump and injectors

-a replacement ecu to better manage your fuel and ignition

cheers,