SAU Community

R32 Gts4 Auto - Manual Conversion

hey guys, recently got a 32 gts4 auto and wondering what it would take to convert it to manual, don't want to keep 4wd so would just a normal rb20 box work? or do i need to go the gtr box. How much would the conversion cost me roughly

thanks

RB20de or 25? Any reason for not keep the AWD.

Should of just got a manual GTS. save a whole heap of money and trouble.

rb20det, came up cheap and has good mods, just a shame its auto, wouldnt even mind keeping it 4wd but i think it would be too costly to change to a gtr box so i'd be happy with just a rwd rb20 box just dont know if that would work

GTR boxes aren't much more than a good condition RB20 box.

IMO if you were going to RWD/manualise it, you're best going with the 25t box instead of the weak little rb20 box, because you'll just end up putting a 25t box in there when you snap the rb20 box :)

The downside is, you'd need a custom tailshaft and modified cross member, and the 25t boxes go for 2-3 times what a gtr box does.

GTR boxes aren't much more than a good condition RB20 box.

IMO if you were going to RWD/manualise it, you're best going with the 25t box instead of the weak little rb20 box, because you'll just end up putting a 25t box in there when you snap the rb20 box :)

The downside is, you'd need a custom tailshaft and modified cross member, and the 25t boxes go for 2-3 times what a gtr box does.

how much am i lookin at got the conversion with a gtr box then, i want to do it as cheaply as possible so rb25 box would be out of the question

how much am i lookin at got the conversion with a gtr box then, i want to do it as cheaply as possible so rb25 box would be out of the question

You need the gearbox, clutch setup and brake pedal clutch cylinders, ecu, manual loom, flywheel bolts etc manual sandwich plate

manual bush and so on. Theres quite alot involved. I am unsure if the driveshafts are the same. Definately easier keeping 4wd as you'd have to remove/block the attessa. A waste not to keep it. Either way even if you get parts second hand and do the work yourself your looking at at LEAST 1200 likely more however

Gearbox $500

Clutch flywheel etc $350

Clutch and brake pedal $100

Cylinders $150

And that's not everything plus very conservative prices for most.

you can take the rubber boot off the brake pedal, cut the pedal down smaller and put the manual brake rubber on.

Also you dont need to change the ecu, you can run the manual one and link out the inhibitor in the relay/fuse box on the drivers side of the engine bay.

the driveshafts are the same for auto and manual and 2dr/4dr on the 4wd's

if you get a gtr box and you want rwd, you could take the reont half shafts and front driveshaft out and unplug the awd computer

my gts4 was converted to manual before i got it. i suspect they have used a non gts4/gtr clutch pedal as the bracket does not fit well(works perfectly, just has the holes slotted to fit). i think its from a manual r33 gts/gtst. so you could try that.

gts4 and gtr clutch pedal setups are different I think.. at least the masters are different as the GTR is vaccum assisted.

thats probably why one of my bolts does not line up. The gtr firewall is recessed in a bit to fit the booster and not on the gts4.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ive got a Cefiro a31, SE4. I have done the Manual Conversion, Irun a R33 GTR 4WD box, Flywheel to your on rear drive shaft is the right length. And its Perfect, any details you want let me know , Jamind

• 11 years later...