SAU Community

Hey Im Melanie

mel53x

Sorry meant what style. I like the look of the vents etc and wouldn't mind sourcing one for my 33

hey jason

Im not quite sure as i have only just got the car and learning alot about it lol. i will look into it for you and let you know :P

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey jason

Im not quite sure as i have only just got the car and learning alot about it lol. i will look into it for you and let you know :P

that would be great. let me know when you've sussed it out

nice car :mad:

enjoy your stay

obligatory comment in female introduction thread.

Welcome!

Why the hell can't half of you try hards welcome other skyline owners? oh wait, they're males....

Sorry if it sounds rude, but I only placed a "welcome" above to avoid being even more rude myself...try harder guys, really...

obligatory comment in female introduction thread.

Welcome!

Why the hell can't half of you try hards welcome other skyline owners? oh wait, they're males....

Sorry if it sounds rude, but I only placed a "welcome" above to avoid being even more rude myself...try harder guys, really...

so we are either too rude and get in trouble, or we are polite and welcome a female to an almost all male enviroment to make her feel like she can fit in and be comfortable unlike what happened with the other threads and we still get in trouble.

nice post mate, way to go, your awesome.

Yes, they're illegal.

Stupid how many modifications people do when they havent even heard of (or barely heard of) the ADRs, understand what's legal or requirements for engineering....

Pretty sure they're not here. I went over a full rego inspection with one. It's just illegal to leave the car running when you're not in it.

Welcome Melanie! Always good to see more girls sign up! :cheers:

Hello and welcome :yes:

Just a quick point regarding the turbo timer. Main reason they are illegal (fairly sure it is all states) is because it is a piece of piss to hotwire a car with a turbo timer if the car doesn't have an immobiliser, literally in a few seconds it can be done since you don't need to search for any wires since they are all there and usually the same colour coding. Join the constant power wire to the fuel pump power wire and twist them together so they are well joined then strike the ignition wire a few times against the two twisted wires and once the car kicks over twist all three together and you have yourself a stolen Skyline :cheers:

Edited by PM-R33

Thanks Todd

Your welcome Melanie,

It will be a long learning experience for you this Skyline game. They are awesome cars & there is a lot of info on here for you to read.

Dont get scared off by the banter, enjoy driving your car & when the modification bug hits yah then remember the search bar & dont forget that a 30c ph call to the transport department will save you worlds of grief as to whats legal & whats not. :cheers:

Hello and welcome :yes:

Just a quick point regarding the turbo timer. Main reason they are illegal (fairly sure it is all states) is because it is a piece of piss to hotwire a car with a turbo timer if the car doesn't have an immobiliser, literally in a few seconds it can be done since you don't need to search for any wires since they are all there and usually the same colour coding. Join the constant power wire to the fuel pump power wire and twist them together so they are well joined then strike the ignition wire a few times against the two twisted wires and once the car kicks over twist all three together and you have yourself a stolen Skyline :cheers:

well isn't it illegal to NOT have an immobiliser these days?

well isn't it illegal to NOT have an immobiliser these days?

Nope, not at all. For insurance purposes you must have an approved immobiliser, but really most people don't. I know tonnes of people that have nothing.

Also a lot of single point immobilisers are fairly easy to get arround.

Anyway we are side tracking a bit, i just came across that post and thought I would add a bit to it.

Hello and welcome :)

Just a quick point regarding the turbo timer. Main reason they are illegal (fairly sure it is all states) is because it is a piece of piss to hotwire a car with a turbo timer if the car doesn't have an immobiliser, literally in a few seconds it can be done since you don't need to search for any wires since they are all there and usually the same colour coding. Join the constant power wire to the fuel pump power wire and twist them together so they are well joined then strike the ignition wire a few times against the two twisted wires and once the car kicks over twist all three together and you have yourself a stolen Skyline :blink:

Thanks for the info. Anyone else hiding their turbo timers because of all the newly educated thieves out there now? I already have had 2 cars damaged by people using quite smart techniques (which I will not detail) to get in (very damaging, but no noise is made to gain forced entry). Now there is yet another reason for them to attempt forced entry.

So if police, media, and interest groups read these forums. What about half 'decent' thieves?

Excuse bump (if 3 days is considered that) - But this is 'alarming' (excuse pun)

Hot wiring a car is a piece of piss and is nothing new. Any kid can google "how to hot wire a car" and learn it in 5 minutes. The turbo timer just makes it all that easier and doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. There is also a tonne of ways to get into a car, skylines are actually pretty damn easy due to not having any framing around the windows. The hardest thing to get around is the steering lock, but once again not impossible.

If some one wants to get into your car, they will. If some one knows a bit about stealing cars, they will steal your car, the only thing you can do is try and slow them down or prevent it in the first place.

*Sorry I wasn't sure if you were getting up me for saying the hot wiring thing about the turbo timer*

Edited by PM-R33

*Sorry I wasn't sure if you were getting up me for saying the hot wiring thing about the turbo timer*

I was. When people search how to hot wire a car, what comes up? Text written by other people. What I essentially mean is 'the less, the better'. Also, when I 'did' search said strings, 4 out of the top 5 results are Australian car websites.

Perhaps yours will be there in the coming days, amongst them top 5.

Perhaps not.

Edit (with noob quoting)

"There is also a tonne of ways to get into a car, skylines are actually pretty damn easy due to not having any framing around the windows"

Wow, you should write an entire manual for it. Again, while I am aware of this, many aren't, and the ones who learn this won't know how to address the problem, ie: Perform a fix.

Meh, I'll leave you alone now, you either understand me, or I have no chance expressing my opinion. besides, it's Friday. :(

Edited by GTRPowa

I get what you are saying, I just think you are completely over reacting and acting like I have exposed some ancient secret and in no point did I give a detailed description on how to steal a Skyline. The turbo timer method is the reason they are illegal (hell a logical person understands a turbo timer keeps a car running without a key.....hmmm) and people that know how to hot wire a car know this. If anything it is a good thing more people know it so they are aware of it being a danger. At the end of the day it is simple circuits, cars do not start by magic.

This is the google search on hotwiring:

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&safe=o...6186800e24c785f

1 million websites with nearly every major "learning" website listing it including youtube so my post here wouldn't even scratch the surface. Hell I could list a bunch of cars that are very easy to break into/start due to having "flaws" in them, but I won't since this is obviously getting to you. Personally I like to learn and find it interesting, knowledge is power.

Anyway get over it, this aint the place for this is to be discussed. I was simply stating why a turbo timer is illegal since that is what was being discussed, if you want to continue this discussion make a thread in the Audio and Security section.

Edited by PM-R33

...in no point did I give a detailed description on how to steal a Skyline. The turbo timer method is the reason they are illegal and people that know how to hot wire a car know this. If anything it is a good thing more people know it so they are aware of it.

Well you have.

Screw with the windows first, you mentioned they are an easy way to unlock the car. Then hotwire the turbo timer, right? Cool, now I'm started.

But damn, I can't get through the steering lock without trying to force it. "Snap" - Ah well, I'll find another Skyline and do a better job next time.

Hence I have 2 smashed cars from people who fail at trying. They thought they knew, but they did not.

And yes, none of this would matter cause we're hidden away in the Wastelands, pity GBot doesn't know the difference.

I could also go over the theory of how more THIEVES will search for 'how to hot wire a turbo timer' - than people who aren't aware of the problem even existing.

It's like me looking up how to protect your HV Transformers from electrical harmonics, when I didn't even know what a harmonic was.

Another noob quote:

"This is the google search on hotwiring:"

^ Slightly different string to what we are referring to, but whatever floats your boat.

Edited by GTRPowa

stop bitching. PM-R33's guide to hotwiring (LOL) was vague at best. i cant believe you're having a go at him over this.

if you think you're going to stop thieves by removing thieving tips from the internet, you're fighting a losing battle. your time would be better spent researching better methods of security.

anyway. HI MELANIE. excuse the chimps. they cant help themselves :(