SAU Community

How To Pair A Bluetooth Phone In A V36

Does anyone know how to do it?

I'm trying to figure it out and will post the menu sequence once I have done it.

I can get into the phone menus, find a few Bluetooth settings such as setting the PIN etc but that's about it.

Cheers,

David.

ummm.... find the menu with the key pad under "phone" , then enter something 4 digit and go "enter" it will pop up a japanese text box with "!" somewhere, leave it on this pop up box (don't press anything) then search for your car using your phone.... select "MY-CAR" and it should pair, and the menu will dissapear...

as for loading iphone contacts into the phone... still working through how to do that! haha

• 4 weeks later...
ummm... let me find out...

about to go for a drive will be back in a couple hours and note down the steps i took.

Must have been a long drive ? When u get back can u let me know if u remembered the sequences ? Very keen for this. I tryed for ages this morning but have no idea what menu I'm in, they all seem like sat nav menus.

If u can't work it out by the weekend I'm going to take it to a Japanese freind and write down what the menus and buttons say, then post it up.

Hey I paired mine by working it out using the English manuals I posted up.

Obviously I can't remember it exactly as it was a few weeks ago, however, the first button I pressed was 'Settings' (the button that takes you into the menu where the first menu item is the Audio settings (Bass etc) - NOT the menu that takes you into that VICS stuff (which I have no idea what it is)

Once you've pressed 'Settings', then press 'Phone'. It's the first or second selection on the 2nd column / right hand side. You'll know you're in this sub-menu because you can see the English word 'Bluetooth'.

One of the Japanese words on this menu is 'Pair phone'. I can't remember which one exactly, I think it's one under 'Bluetooth', however (again from memory) it's one that takes you to a different screen that has a number entry thing on it. This is where you set the passcode. I just left it as 1234. On this number entry screen one button is 'go back/cancel/delete (number)' and the other is 'OK' (I suppose).

After pressing 'OK' a little dialog box comes up with Jap text and the words 'MY-CAR'. This must say something to the effect of 'Please put your device on discover mode and search for MY-CAR'. I put my phone in discover mode and it connected.

I can make calls with it just fine, but when people call me it hangs up after one ring. I have no idea why it does that and I'd love to fix that one.

Hope the above helps. Corrections welcome.

Edited by Haxorz

I really need to go through those English manuals. I just fumbled around in mine until I was able to delete the previous owners J-pop and classical music off the musicbox. :)

I really like the button that makes a japanese woman speak to me. I'm not sure what she's saying, but its very soothing.

Ideally we'd have a screenshot of each screen with English translations. Not a trivial task of course.

On the plus side each screen has an ID number in the manuals, we can use that to refer to them.

I bought a set of Infiniti manuals from eBay US. Much easier than flipping through print outs in the car (I found them too lengthy to do from memory). I suppose an iPad might be OK.

Note - the US English manuals aren't a 1:1 with the Jap menus, although they are more similar than they are different.

I paired mine the other day and it works a treat. A guy that I'm doing work for on his Rex has a girl that's works for him that spent a couple of years living and working in Japan. She came round and we went through it all.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to document it all as with me sitting there playing wasn't earning me a living.

But I will give her a heap of pics that she said she would translate for me. I did learn alot!

I really need to go through those English manuals. I just fumbled around in mine until I was able to delete the previous owners J-pop and classical music off the musicbox. :)

I really like the button that makes a japanese woman speak to me. I'm not sure what she's saying, but its very soothing.

Yes I also have some crappy music installed on my music box, some old mans rubbish and some japanese bands ... quite funny.

The little circle button on the left makes some japanese lady speak to me. I'll go have a play and see if I can get the phone paired and on the weekend I'll try get some translations if I get time.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to play with all the options on the car today after being away on holiday. I have now got the iphone's bluetooth Paired, the musicbox deleted and started adding cd's to the HDD (this is v.cool). Has anyone cut the VSS wire and earthed the handbrake cable yet to get video on the move for the other passengers ? I checked out how to do it from the US version but of course our plugs are differen, so if anyone has done it already can they post the pinouts for the two wires and which plug u used ?

Also wondering if anyone has used the AV cables from the iphone through the RCA inputs in the console ? I want to know if the iphone video works on the screen before I buy the cable.

Has anyone cut the VSS wire and earthed the handbrake cable yet to get video on the move for the other passengers ? I checked out how to do it from the US version but of course our plugs are differen, so if anyone has done it already can they post the pinouts for the two wires and which plug u used ?

I have done this, plugs are the same. Use the same pinout numbers as show in the US, just ignore the colors. Works a treat :whoops:

Also wondering if anyone has used the AV cables from the iphone through the RCA inputs in the console ? I want to know if the iphone video works on the screen before I buy the cable.

yep it does. set the phone to TV out and make sure the cable you buy will spit out video before you buy it. VIM - looks like you found that.

yep it does. set the phone to TV out and make sure the cable you buy will spit out video before you buy it. VIM - looks like you found that.

Cheers Chris ... one other question is I got an FM expander the other day and the stupid thing didn't work ... are there some that wont work ? What MHz have u had experience with working ? (I do have the nissan aerial adapters installed)