SAU Community

How To Pair A Bluetooth Phone In A V36

Says something like bluetooth audio not selected ??? I could be way off.

You need to go to your bluetooth audio setting and select your phone as a audio player

Watch this video

Hope it works.

This was the missing link! Thank you very much!

I had given up the idea of streaming music but wow, just had to turn on option 4 under bluetooth menu and magic!!! thanks ALL !!!

• 1 month later...

Don't know how useful this may be to some but anyways...

I use a bluetooth audio transmitter with 3.5mm auxillary cable to use my Mp3 player (will also work with any device with 3.5mm aux plug)

otj40h.jpg

To connect the Bluetooth adaptor, it is the same steps in the v36-translation2.pdf file posted, however the password is not set.

¤Phone>Settings>Bluetooth

¤Change Bluetooth Password>(Set as blank)

¤Register the device>(name it something)

¤Apply (wait until device is paired)

This allows the bluetooth transmitter to pair with the car automatically

This way, i now have an 3.5mm auxillary cable to plug into any mp3 device

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Will the bluetooth, phone pairing for calls, music etc work for a non navi V36? I tried to follow the instructions but cause my model is non navi i couldnt see half the menu options listed in the step by step doc.

please can someone confirm this?

i also tried adding my bluetooth to play music, everything works but the sound doesnt come out, as in i can skip music and stop and everything but sound doesnt come out, I have a note 2, i paired friends sony xperia and works fine but it keep going fast and slow, seems like the bluetooth needs updating on the car or something?

• 6 months later...

Says something like bluetooth audio not selected ??? I could be way off.

You need to go to your bluetooth audio setting and select your phone as a audio player

Watch this video

Hope it works.

I've just got a new replacement iphone 5 just tried the above instructions are not work this time around?

• 2 years later...

Hi fellow Skyliner's,

I have received my imported skyline, however, the bluetooth is greyed out. I have managed (thanks to this thread) to pair it to my Nexus 6p but it just does not connect, just gives me a message "Attempting to connect". MY-CAR does appear in my paired devices on my phone but does not establish a connection. Is it because bluetooth is greyed out? How can I make it an accessible option (un-grey it Lol). 

I know it is an old thread, but all your help will be really appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, The Max said:

So it should be the same as mine then. Can you supply a photo of how the "greyed out" option looks, showing the full screen?

Hi The Max, 

I've attached the pic. Just to go a step further, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Bluetooth is still greyed out. Would really appreciate if you could share how to fix this. 

IMG_20170322_201146.jpg

On 3/22/2017 at 8:35 PM, acesofspades31 said:

Hi The Max, 

I've attached the pic. Just to go a step further, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Bluetooth is still greyed out. Would really appreciate if you could share how to fix this. 

IMG_20170322_201146.jpg

From memory choose the 3rd option. That's the pairing mode.

It's grayed out because it's not paired to anything at all.

Pardon my tardiness. Been a little busy here.

So, you're certain you have it paired with your phone but for whatever reason, it won't connect. My suggestion would be to try re-pairing it. Delete the MY-CAR profile from your phone and start again.

Firstly, go to option 3/7 and set your BT password to whatever four digit PIN you want. Then go back to option 2/7 and register your handset, as per the instructions in the Jap > Eng manual on this site.

It should come good. Sometimes, complex electronics like this needs to simply be wiped clean and recreated, because it's just one little setting that may get corrupted and it throws everything out of whack. Doesn't matter if it's a $200 head unit in a car or a $300,000 broadcast video multiviewer. They all have their moments like this.

Good luck.