SAU Community

My Other New Ceffy

Nic_A31

Well it's been a while.

My regular supplier dude gave me a GT-R engine bay loom for free as long as I removed it myself.

1441mb.jpg

1-2 hours a day over a few weeks, I extended the Cefiro loom about 800mm, cutting it where it rubbed through.

One by one, my soldering as already pretty decent to start with but I'm a f**king pro now.

Finished a 100g roll of solder and got maybe halfway through a second one before the job was over.

2cgk2dj.jpg

This is about a third of the mess I had by the end of it

54gld5.jpg

Never consumed soo much Monster/Red Bull/Iced Coffee in such a short period of time...

and if my neighbors didn't like my taste in music, they certainly did before I was finished.

33f5dso.jpg

ipzac0.jpg

I marked the modified section in red and black, just incase any future owners of this thing need to open that section of wiring, they know not to trust wire colors, I matched about 80-90% of the loom, but some colors and gauges weren't on the GT-R loom so I used as close a color as I could, or a completely different color when I had no choice.

2ppxzz8.jpg

All done now and she's back on the road.

I was actually thinking about finally putting it up for sale, but after driving it around for a bit, I quickly dismissed such nonsense.

Before I even got to the door at the service station I got a comment from some guy about it, then getting out onto the main roads and opening it up, fwaaaa, bliss.

9r4l1v.jpg

It's still a major pain in the ass,

I need to swap the hubs back over tomorrow so I've got new wheel bearings

I need to service it,

I need to fix an exhaust leak,

I need to change the speedo cable

the list goes on.

Keeping the Honda now, so I can do some more work on this thing, plans:

high-flowed turbo

PowerFC + tune

Clutch

thinking about reverting to R32 calipers and getting dogbone spacers to go out to 330mm F / 300mm R, my 296mm R33 rotors don't have long left on them now, so I need to work that one out. For around $750 I can get 4x spacers, 4x rotors, a BM-5x BMC, and braided brake lines (separately)

My mate's nagging me to get into drifting with him, and I probably will, just depends how my $$ situation is looking, I'll post up some pics and GoPro footage of my failings as they occur....

• Like 1

Cheers fellas

Sure does feel good to get her back on the road.

Serviced it, changed front hubs, and put in a new genuine Nissan speedo cable (no more speedo wobbles at low speeds, and much more accurate at high speeds :D )

Exhaust leak I might do next week, but I need to get a stud drilled out, otherwise I'll put it off until I do the turbo.

Went out on Sunday afternoon with a mate to snap some pics of his 1JZ powered Supra, I got a few decent shots, but I've um...only uploaded these 2 onto FlickR, if you know what I mean....

9056464743_737e803e81_b.jpg

DSC_9563 by Nic_A31, on Flickr

9056446051_029e857314_b.jpg

DSC_9568a by Nic_A31, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Straightened up my FMIC, long overdue

2l887r5.jpg

2m7vhgk.jpg

Ordered a genuine OMP button since the one that came with the knock-off popped off (twice)

2ji5ir.jpg

Dash cluster was getting a bit dull compared to the boost gauge and CD player which don't dimm down, so I threw in some blue LEDs

n20qqb.jpg

Gotta work out how I can boost up the light a bit on the A/C and the Laurel analog clock

and, unfortunately, f**ked the rear bar trying to get off my lawn

2l9pouu.jpg

2bsiuv.jpg

pretty pissed but shit happens, bar needed modifying anyway, so it's cable tie stitched in the mean time.

• 1 year later...

Wattuuuup, I've been pretty inactive around here lately.

Bit of a mid-major upgrade update.
Last time I drove the car was Boxing Day, popped off another joiner and I had enough, pulled the pipework down and noticed the turbo was a bit shagged, after 4 relentless years of 'one thing after another' I finally gave up on it properly, I let it sit in the driveway for months, I spent a heap of money on new camera gear and concentrated on other things while this built up a thick layer of dust, and I kept paying the rego, unsure of what the f**k I was ever going to do with it.

Around May, I picked up a bit of motivation to get back into it, I figured out what setup I want, and started ordering parts.

The loadout goes as follows:

Kinugawa TD06SL2-20G

RB26DETT intake (with individual throttle bodies) via adapter plate

Injectors TBA (had 800cc JECS and a forward facing plenum, now that I'm going GTR intake I need top feeds, so I'm moving them along in search of something else)

Z32 AFM

Hydro-dipped cam covers (digital camo)

Exedy 5 Puk
Apexi PowerFC

Braided clutch and brake lines

New FMIC (much larger)

New cooler pipework

New fuel pump

Bunch of GKTech bits and pieces

2qvqbk4.jpg

evasy8.jpg

2hwebep.jpg

2pt3pxw.jpg

I stripped out part of the engine bay with the intention of respraying sections that were peeling, most of the paint in the bay was looking pretty shagged anyway, a lot of dirt buildup, scratches from previous motor swaps, more peeling/flaking than I first thought, etc, so I did the bit extra, stripped out the entire bay, and got that resprayed in the original color.

dcqa35.jpg

16m7txe.jpg

Came up mint, especially for a gravel driveway job :)

Soon.

Very soon.

Interior is all back together, pedal boxes are in, cylinders are mounted up bit still dry, I just need to fit the clutch, intake, turbo, new cooler, new fluids, bleed hydraulics, send it off to get pipework made up, then off again to get tuned.

Engine bay is about 50% done, I'll drop some pics when it's all back together, and I'll be sure to get some videos happening when she is going.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Was hoping I'd have this thing done by now, but nope :\
Not having a good time finding solid employment the last 12 months.

Tidied up the injector wiring, since I had to wire in new Bosch plugs anyway

5pqzgk.jpg

5ajmt5.jpg

juzew7.jpg

Ended up making it even tidier after this, shortening the wiring for each injector.

Old mate Clint is taking care of the fabrication and pipework for me.

2hnuouf.jpg

a46cfp.jpg

aop1lk.jpg

A while back (must be coming up on 2 years now), I gave it some herbs in the tunnel, and heard a pretty horrific rattling/clunking sound straight after, my heart dropped thinking it was either a big end or the box, the car seemed to drive OK and everything seemed alright, I didn't look into it too much, figuring it must've been something in the bell housing flying around....well, after dropping the box tonight, and only having to remove 8 clutch bolts (not 9)...I know what that was all about...

i4iadl.jpg

16jn1ie.jpg

155tdtl.jpg

mmbgx5.jpg

Its gouged most of the outer edge of the flywheel (which is a 4.5kg), I'm hoping it's still in good enough shape to remain balanced after being machined.
Clutch looks ok, pressure plate has a lot of battle scars on it. Guess that'll learn me for being a dickhead in the tunnel.

I tried to sell that set of CR Kais for my other Ceffy, but had minimal interest. Took the tyres off my GT-R wheels and sold those instantly....not something I wanted to do, but tough times calls for selling shit to make money. I guess putting the CR Kais onto this Ceffy isn't such a bad thing, but I did like the GT-R better on this thing....when I'm good for cash again I think I'll get another set.

5l2978.jpg

20k3s6c.jpg

257epvq.jpg

I've got the car back at my place now, I believe Clint is or already has finished the fab work.

30ww7ww.jpg

Not much else to update really.

Series "1.5" (2) headlights

Flywheel machined, new thrust bearing onto carrier.

hs1fo0.jpg

I've got plenty to keep me busy still.
Trying to figure out why the ECU has partial power when the key is out of the ignition and remains on after the ignition is switched off.
Theres 2 relays near the ECU, if only one is connected, it's all sweet, if both are connected, that's when the problem exists.
Need to figure out which is ECU and which is fuel pump....but if anyone has any ideas on what that's all about, I'm happy to hear, haha.

It's been 15 months since I've driven this thing now, it's well overdue to be back on the road again.
It's been pretty relaxing being out of the car scene for a while, my photography skills have become a million times better, so as soon as this thing is rolling again, I'll definitely do it some digital justice with some photos and videos.

Anyway, enough dribbling, looks like I've got some steady work again now, so this will be my priority 1 until it's finished.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

First things first, I've sold most of my DSLR gear, so it'll be damaged phone camera pics for a while.

2itj2f9.jpg

Got busy last week. Somehow the RB25DET gearbox bolted straight in without a gearbox modification...

29c6p9v.jpg

Apparently this Nissan gasket glue is the go....I guess I'll find out soon.

a2ytn6.jpg

2rnva5i.jpg

Pipework is all done.

demtzp.jpg

2564mjd.jpg

30kfvif.jpg

Got these bitches all rubbered up

28hzy9d.jpg

zkrbwo.jpg

Gonna need some mobile guard rolling dude's services I think...

51q8mo.jpg

So close, yet so far.

On a serious note, anyone interested in buying this car either as it is now, or running and tuned somewhere around 400hp, feel free to send me a message.

• 3 weeks later...