SAU Community

My Other New Ceffy

Nic_A31

It'll do until money can actually be spent on the car.

Sucks we didn't get it ready in time, but at least we got it to turn over.

Next weekend, she'll be finished :D Aim for sunday hey?

Halfway through the rears...still unfinished as my back was playing up today.

Note, in pics, rear of vehicle is still well and truely clear of the ground......so as usual, don't arc up all like "OI flamin mongrel it needs more LOW!!!" ... I know it does :D

2zoyrte.jpg

Also dialed in a little bit of camber on the front, the rear cradle has adjustable camber (factory) so I'll adjust that all the way in, which is about 2 degree's at the max.

2hp5e6r.jpg

I forgot all about the Cefiro projector headlights....took a photo on phone (which set the flash off), scared the SHIT out of me when it's eyes just lit up at me....

• 2 weeks later...

5 Stud done

Brakes Done

33 GTR Rims Done

Still need to adjust the coilovers, particularly at the front to even up the height, but also a noticeable difference on the Left side.

29gen7t.jpg

Motor in, looking all tidy and shit, and now I have it pull it out and make another big mess.

4uvtkk.jpg

Found a picture of how it looked when I bought it

5731_99866583172_730313172_2228714_6597764_n.jpg

Motor and gearbox back in now, with R32 GTR gear shifter, which is f**king SHORT indeed.

Comparison - here is the GTST shifter which was a tad longer than the factory manual Cefiro shifters

(LINK) <- selector is in fourth gear in picture.

Here is a 1st->Neutral->Second sequence with GTR shifter. Not the huge amounts of slack in the shift boot.

First

5nprpk.jpg

Neutral

14l22yg.jpg

Second

4szd44.jpg

At least this fixes the issue with the shift boot stretching, looks alot better now.

Now sorting out the wiring and looking for exhaust solutions.

Almost ready to go back on the road....2 months later :\

Edited by Nic_A31

• 3 weeks later...

Well....all in and wired up, the ground wire on the relay f**ked up, and all 5 wires going into relay, fused, into one big wire.

Loom f**ked, ECU f**ked, blew switch on ignition barrell.

Halfcut has been ordered, but I'm not a happy chap.

POS is definately going to first c**t in with the cash.

Yeah has been like that since I bought it....think it explains the lack of CD player when I bought it, not too fussed about it now though. I missed out on one on import monster by 30 seconds (someone else bidded on it as well), spewin' bout that.

No news on car, havent touched either in a few days, and actually ENJOYED this weekend.

There should be.

VRDrift is after some parts (as per his other thread) and I'll keep the dash depending on what it's like....was told it had blue LEDs and Mickey Mouse stickers and shit on it....so maybe it WILL be for sale after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Halfcut arrived on Friday night.

Dragged it in, quickly inspected it.

Happy and not happy.

It's very different to what I was told, but had some goodies on it and was cheap, so I'll bite my tongue.

2bdy5h.jpg

Took me 3 hours and 25 minutes to rip to bits on Saturday.

Factory turbo motor, so no BoV.

Manual conversion done properly although the halfcut has been raped for parts, no centre consoles came with it :banana:

Pedal boxes, foot rest, etc all seem to have been bought straight from Nissan in Japan.

9vl8jl.jpg

I moved the car to a mate's place which is more secure and better suited for yet ANOTHER engine/box swap.

It's been subject to a bit of recon by some shady looking folks, and someone has been trying to steal the plates (although on a plus, consequently my dog seems to have taught itself how and when to jump the fence next to my shed and lay next to the car until I get home)

2lxz0o0.jpg

34 Gearbox is on and ready to go with standard clutch.

25 has been pulled out.

20DET/manual ready to go in tomorrow night, wiring is all sorted and ready to rock and roll.

Hopefully running tomorrow night, and running properly (w/ intercooler + exhaust) by Wednesday/Thursday, and with some luck, the newly acquired LSD in as well

Engine and box are IN and mounted.

Left to do:

Connect driveshaft

Connect ECU to loom

Mount SMIC and drill holes for intercooler piping

Find and fit downpipe

service + fluids

Optional left to do:

Fit LSD

Fit boost gauge

Could very well be running in 24 hours time, finally.

• 2 weeks later...

After 7 battery recharges, multiple electrical problems hunted down, alarm completely disarmed (causing ignition engagement issues) and a fuel delivery problem rectified, it STARTS, and RUNS.

Runs very smooth. After no more than 5 seconds into its first run the rpms were stable at 1500rpm and slowly dropped down.

It needs some attention, and a service, badly. Has a oil leak somewhere up the back at the bottom end which I'll have to find and sort out.

But it runs.

It spools up quick, and hard, and likes to blow off intercooler pipes.

Begins spool at mid 3's maybe, hard to say when full boost is on as (and what exactly full boost is with these turbo's) the boost gauge isnt hooked up yet and I wasn't going to run her up to 7k with kids in the street.

Same shit. Different day.

Running.

Battery is losing charge (finally rooted).

Motor is pissing out oil steady-mid rate. (still havent been able to isolate the problem to one point, infact located several leaks which I'm not happy about)

Fuel pissing out in boot. (possibly a rooted O-Ring, or cradle not seating properly)

Have gaskets + seals waiting for me at Nissan.

Sunroof motor has finally broken it's last legs, need to track down a new motor.

Things that I HAVE done:

Bled Brakes + Clutch

Adjusted coilover height, damper and camber on all corners (pics below)

Properly fitted and assembled C33 Laurel dash and some electronics.

111p0ys.jpg

350oqrt.jpg

14xi69i.jpg

sztny0.jpg

23kq2qp.jpg (rears)

Pimp C33 Laurel dash.

2u3y714.jpg

(dont mind the mess. Car has again become storage/dumping grounds)

2w40i7q.jpg

2zylyj4.jpg

Yeah, the Laurel dash is ripping, and has holes n shit, but it's still much nicer than the Cefiro dash.

One more pic. Kick-ass stance.

1654zm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got this running properly mid-week.

Mate put on a BBQ on Friday afternoon, in a panic attempt to clean the backyard we threw everything and anything into the Cefiro and parked it up out the front. Being stupidly keen to finally drive it, I only emptied half of that shit (weigh the car down a bit, and having shit in the car makes me behave).

First corner, fuel pump fuse blew.....luckily the corner is on a hill, so, put it into neutral, and just rolled all the way back to my mate's driveway. Fixed the fuse, and THEN off again for a drive.

The turbo on this thing is HARDCORE.

My R32 motor in the other Cefiro would start singing at around 4000-4500 and see full boost by maybe 5500-6000.

THIS little f**ker starts making noise @ 2500rpm seeing 10PSI by 4000rpm.

Also interesting to note that at 4000rpm or later, if cruising at a steady speed, the wastegate actuator will keep the turbo OFF boost (again even past 4000rpm) and only RE-opens when there's a sudden change in throttle. The actuator must feed off rising rate/flow somehow.

Either way, it's great. Virtually no lag, very responsive and once you're up to the speed you want to be at it cuts off, yet ready to spool up instantaneously when you need it.

Also some how does not flutter (at all) when throttle body closes even at 10PSI despite having no blow-off valve at all.....dunno how it does that, possible the ECU feeding a f**kload of fuel? Really don't know, but again, it does it's thing and does it well....it's not killing it's own turbo.

Edited by Nic_A31