SAU Community

My Other New Ceffy

Nic_A31

waitaminute - i should ALSO be kept away from computers it seems

i was thinking "what's nic want a 25DE ECU for??? he's doing a TURBO convert so just get a TURBO ECU to go into the DE engine (like my setup)

then i found a MINES ECU for RB25DE+T (special configure) for you

then i remembered that im a moron and should never do anything.

because you're STAYING non turbo - i got you mixed up with me.. dah.

plus the DE+T ECU is for auto...

so - to clarify - you want RB25DE MANUAL ecu???

that's pretty rare but i'll see what i can do

ok no dice just yet for RB25DE MT ecu

there is a few DET manual ECUs... expect to pay about $160 for it but =(

soooo i guess what i'm trying to say is...

nic... remember that time the other night? when we took my car for a drive? and you pulled onto morley drive out of my street and you bit your fist because the RB20de+T is like "so responsive... like nothing you ever felt before?"

well... imagine that... that feeling... but in a 2.5 litre. all that extra torque...

....all that extra capacity... running small boost... coupled into a NEO vvt engine...

imagine how much you would bite your fist then..

....turbo setup... do it...

...do it.

sorry for whoring your thread up but i have just found something...

but you need to get onto it SOON (actually pretty sure this will just get relisted)

600x450-2010060900292.jpg

^^^that

is from an ER34 skyline sedan, square pins, but is AUTO

BUT

there's three seperate units there... one's the engine one's the trans and the other's the ABS

all three parts for about $125 airmailed to you...

surely you could do something with that???

Edited by Mr Eps

I think auto computers can run manual, but do check on your travels.

KYP told Martin the ECU was cooked, and apparently threw it out.

Stupid f**king flamin mongrels left radiator coolant in the valley, so I call bullshit, i'm not a fan of slagging of shops, but I'm sure we could train a f**king chimpanzee to pull a motor out better than the way those muppets at KYP did....and keep the perfectly working vitals with it.

I NEED

ECU

Ignitor pack

Extended rubber fuel lines (filter->rail + rail->return)

NEO throttle cable (or alternative intake plenum, but assume this will f**k up the NEO running setup (intake manifold is clashing with clutch master cylinder) )

Saturday looked good, Sunday looked like a challenging week ahead, today, f**k, I'm f**ked, even for someone with experience, to muster parts and have it running by Saturday with the brakes on safely....it's gonna be hard.

Any help at all at this stage will be MASSIVELY appreciated.

I'm working on getting the N/A setup running.

I need to find water and oil lines and return lines (NEO specific, not same as other RBs) and I'll be good to go, with 10PSI, but yeah, for now, N/A at the least, but I will definately be adding boost when I get a chance.

For now, I have $2.80 left to spend, 4 days to get a car running, and 3 weeks until I get any more cash in the bank.

chillllll winston.

*sigh* okay - getting the car ready for the cruise is an unattainable goal at this point for you... unfortunately..

seriously.. don't stress.. it's not good man!

have a shower. go to bed. get a good nights sleep.

i understand that you're pissed @ KYP buuuuuuuuut... unfortunately being pissed at them isn't gonna make things right..

if you can find parts man - i'll be there with bells on - promise.

i'll even change out of my god damn work uniform for it!!

even if there's some places you want me to call around - i'll do that man, sorry to see!

oi what about stagea guys?

they're all NEO and stuff

and they're heaps nice n shit aye

oi but what the f**k man - this got pulled out of martin's car yeah???

everything was running FINE in his car??? what the shit happened at kyp?? did they get it out using a f**king grenade??

Dunno...its KYP...need I say more.

I've put a wanted ad on Antilag, and rang JWS, no luck, havent tried anyone else.

Yes, Stagea's have NEOs so they're an option.

Any eBay parts need to be airbagged overnight or ASAP, not uncommon for "express" to take 5-7 working days even when its garuanteed in 3.

I've got a while bunch of little vacuum lines and shit to sort out, so that should keep me busy.

Best case scenario, it starts Wednesday, and maybe even turbo'd by Friday.

Likely scenario, its N/A and goes on the cruise.

Worst case scenario, I fail.

offers stands man, anything you need help with.

how you do this shit out in the cold is beyond me thouhg.

Find me a RB25DE NEO ECU ?

Looks like the only one in Perth is KYP who refuse to surrender it, even though it IS rightfull mine via purchase with Martin.

Might have to find a DET ECU, water and oil lines, injectors, and throw the 20 turbo on, seems like the only choice I have.

Stupid f**king KYP wanker flamin mongrels are probably going to hold me back from a good Saturday night - I'm not one to normally slag business' but these dickheads truely f**ked me in the ass with this motor and now I'm probably not going to make it to the cruise.....all because they want to make a few lazy bucks!

Use a master cyl from another car that clears the inlet manifold.

I used one from a s14, its super short compared to the ceffy item

Thanks dude, will look out for one, although for now I don't mind the 280kg cylinder stopper...hahaha

Today, day off.

It started with a clean up.

Loaded the work ute with the RB20DET, auto gearbox, RB20E, VG30E, and VG auto gearbox, exhaust, and some other shit, and headed to the scrap metal blokes.

Came out with $86.75 (@ $120.00 per tonne)

Spent 4 bucks at the car wash, cleaning the tray, then back home.

Assembled box to bellhousing, properly:

105z09t.jpg

And kept sorting engine bay shit.

I also gave BOTH looms to a generous DriftWA member, for rewiring, so 99% of it is going to be simply plug-in and go!

With the help of a mate, we lifted the engine and box UP, and gradually pushed the car closer, I then grew an incredibly large penis, and started acting like a cowboy

e8vciu.jpg

(Ok, what I WAS doing there, is supporting the box, to release the strap, to give the box more downward angle to go into the tunnel)

a4jup.jpg

After about 20 angle adjustments and slight progressions forward, the box is in the tunnel, the motor is on the mounts, but has come off, to get the yoke into the box and the exhaust cleared.

STILL TO DO:

Motor

-->attach externals

-->attach intake + exhaust

-->attach new loom when received

Drivetrain

-->Mount gearbox and insert yoke

-->Fit gear shifter

Suspension/handling

-->Rear coilovers and 5 stud

-->Fit brakes all round

SOOOO CLOSE.

Again, if this IS running saturday night for the cruise, we will be running-in the suspension, brakes and motor, on the way TO the cruise, so hopefully we get it all right the first time, otherwise it's either tow truck, or the first meet point will become a temporary mobile garage.

Stressing, yet very excited, and even happy.

Today was a good day.

eeek...

try and get hold of a neo 34'd cable as they are the correct length and will fit straight up,

otherwise a z32 cable which you can get from justjap.com (not much help for you ATM obviously, nor are they very cheap)

z32 is alot longer, i used one for a custom plenum on my last two cefiros.