SAU Community

Laser Eye Surgery - Who's Had It, Where Did You Go?

Blitz_boy

how do you have better vision than 20/20? i dunno!

20/20 just means that you can see at 20ft what the "average" person who doesn't need glasses can see at 20ft. Note that "average" doesn't mean perfect vision. Typically this is the 3rd line off the bottom of the eye chart. It is the same as 6/6 (eg., you can see at 6 m what Joe Blow can at 6 m).

Bad vision is, for example 6/60 (you can see at 60 m what average person can see at 6) - eg., you can only see the top letter

Better than 6/6 vision is, for example, 6/4 (the bottom line of a standard eye chart). You can see at 6 m what average people can only see at 4 m.

Rick Wolf did my eyes about 3 years

Amazing results

without a doubt the best in Melbourne/Australia

Rick Wolf is good. If I were heading down that path I would likely go with him.

I had lasik 11 years ago and absolutely loved the result. I got up adter 20-30 mins and could see the lovely assistant's name tag clearly right away. Had some drops and had to cover my eyes when I slept for a day or so. Although, I did find that my eyes were sensitive to bright lights and was wearing sunnies for a few weeks. Also, I don't know if this is as common as I think, but I have a 'halo' affect around lights at night that was there right after the surgery and continued for quite a while. I also ended up going back for a further correction to my right eye a year later.

I have absolutely no regrets and my brother will be doing it also later this year.

Hmm, is it a coincidence that the Google ad at the bottom of this page is for "iLASIK"? :):D:D

I'll let you know of my situation,

Ive had glasses since i was in prep, now I'm 20 around a year ago I was eligible to get laser eye done, I was suggested to go to "1. St Kilda rd laser vision centre, Dr Guy Olerenshaw" by my eye doctor, and also my father went to him around 10 years ago and it has been great for him. They did say to me that one of my eyes was not fully grown or something like that, so I had to come back in a year or so (when I'm 21) to check again and if my eyes still have not changed then I would have to get implants or something, which cost a couple of grand more but you CAN remove them.

But yeh as far as I see from personal experience Guy Olenrenshaw is absolutely great, been recommended by a lot of people, including family.

I had lasik 11 years ago and absolutely loved the result. I got up adter 20-30 mins and could see the lovely assistant's name tag clearly right away. Had some drops and had to cover my eyes when I slept for a day or so. Although, I did find that my eyes were sensitive to bright lights and was wearing sunnies for a few weeks. Also, I don't know if this is as common as I think, but I have a 'halo' affect around lights at night that was there right after the surgery and continued for quite a while. I also ended up going back for a further correction to my right eye a year later.

I have absolutely no regrets and my brother will be doing it also later this year.

Hmm, is it a coincidence that the Google ad at the bottom of this page is for "iLASIK"? :rofl::P:D

Good story!

• 1 year later...

My old boss's Father is an eye surgeon. He said what ever you do, DO NOT go to medownick. I had this convo a few years back now so I can't ask him for any further info, but at the time he was considered the industry joke and apparently has been investigated for dubious practices like saying people are good candidates when they are only average.

Apparently he is the industry joke

• 4 months later...

For anyone else - My Fiancé just went to India for tourism and had this done - cost her around $600 from one of the top hospitals in Mumbai. Now I know what you're all thinking, the standard was pretty awesome according to her, in and out in a few hours - perfect vision and no side effects so far, knock on wood! :D

Pretty sure you can pay the return ticket, the cost of the surgery and shop around cheaper than it costs here...

Cheers,

Hi - thought i'd share

Cost me $4k for both eyes in 2002.

Condition: Astigmatism

Lasik - No pain and no regrets.

Results immediate - drove home both times (1 eye at a time a week apart)

Perfect vision - better than ever

Canberra Eye Hospital - Dr Iain Dunlop

Got the video and all.

Over a decade since then and my eye sight has slightly deteriorated but that's to be expected.

At the time I first went they said it would get rid of my need for glasses but my eyes would naturally get worse with age.

I'll be going back to see what's next. Hopefully same again.

• 5 years later...

I had Lasik about three months ago  suffering from myopia. After that surgery till now i am ok and everyone went fine. if you are looking for Lasik surgery first you need to coordinate with your doctor and ask him you need Lasik surgery or not. But some time Lasik goes false so choose best doctor. I had lasik after conversation various hospitals and choose best so don't be hurry. you can check facts and benefits of lasik eye surgery from http://lasikeyesurgerymumbai.in/   firstly understand about this surgery and after this go for Lasik.