SAU Community

Mitsubishi Badge On My 1993 R32 Rb20det? Is This Normal?

moo_r32: i noticed this the other day too and i think my exact wording was:

"what the.... god damn, I gotta get that fixed...."

sucks doesn't it?... but yeah, mistsubishi electronics etc.... BIG company....

might just take to mine with a bit of sand paper.... lol

Mitsubishi is a BIG company...;)
Hahahahahahah! Thats EXACTLY the same thing I thought when I read the first post!!!

Mitsubishi Electric make eveything from flourescent lights to trains... just ask evo_lee...

• 6 months later...

Sorry to dread up an old thread...didn't see myself mentioned...hehehe.

Yeah the Mitsubishi Group is very big in Japan, perhaps one of the biggest and oldest group companies in Japan...(Mitsubishi Electric itself brings in 5% of the Japan GDP). If you know your history, Mitsubishi are among the group of companies consider the most prestigious companies in Japan for their role in rebuilding Japan after the war. The Emperor then after the war call upon these companies each involved in different industries to rebuild Japan. You will notice also these companies have their HQ located around the Royal Palace in Tokyo, said to be allocated by the the Emperor...how prestigious can you get! I was very impressed to hear this when I first visited Tokyo HQ. Are you superstitious???...these companies are said to be the primary elements of Japan or protectors of the Japanese economy/industry...if one should fall (fail) = bad omen.

OK the history lesson is over...

So because of their role in rebuilding Japan, they became very diverse in their range of products and services. Course all these products are made by seperate companies or child companies under the Mitsubishi 3 diamond brand name.

I work at the Mitsubishi Electric Transportation Facility in Osaka, working in their Rolling Stock or Railway department, unfortunately not their automotive division but there are alot of equipment we design for MMC and other makers...also other products.

Rail industry wise we are the largest supplier in Japan with 80% market share - JR East and the Shinkansen are all equiped with Mitsubishi equipment...and globally we supply all around. For you local guys, bet you didn't know Sydney trains were powered by Mitsubishi traction engines, inverters and train operating systems did you :P.

Other big Mitsubishi names you would have heard of are Mitsubishi Corp - one of the largest trading house in the world; MHI-Mitsubishi Heavy Industry who make ships, power plants etc and of course Mitsubishi turbos for Trust; Tokyo-Mitsubishi Bank - one of the largest banks in the world; Nikon cameras; Kirin Brewery who also owns Two Dogs but still labelled Australian :P...oh and also MMC who are are now dubbed the problem child of the family and so they deserve to be grilled by other 3diamond companies for giving the family a bad name. They are also so lucky to be bailed out by other family members.

You can check all the Mitsubishi companies from this website.

http://www.mitsubishi.or.jp/e/contents/contents_2.html

So don't be surprised to find the 3 diamonds around...they are not just known because of MMC, the Mitsubishi Group name is much much bigger then MMC who are only one in the family.

this whole Mitsubishi thing has left me and my mates stumped for ages (couple of wees....hahaha)... have mitsubishi things in my car. Thing is my mate used to have an r33 and his didn't have it... So would this be a stock part that nissan had put in when it came out or would it have been added on some where down the line?

Don't worry it is perfectly normal...there is alot of OEM parts sharing among makers, just as you have with European and American makers.

2.5 twin turbo soarer head made by YAMAHA...same company makes piano`s WTF