SAU Community

Wouldn't want to offend anyone?

taynewguy

Ok I am pretty new to the forums and have just spent a bit of time reading some old threads about GTST's dressed up like GTR's.

Personally I think it isn't too much to get worked up about because it's just a nice look/theme to go with when dressing up your car, but anyway each to there own. I know some of you feel very strongly about this so I won't comment too much more. But what i will say is.....keep taken those chill pills ppl, it isn't the worst crime you can commit.

So all those GTR lovers why not take it as a compliment, knowing there are skyline owners that are not as enthusiastic about modifications etc as we are but aspire to having a car that is mechanically superior to their own.

OK now that I have put myself into the "un-popular"/"never to be spoken to again" basket, here is my question:

Where can i get some decent NISMO, GTST badging to go in my front bar?

You guessed it my "line has a GTR kit on it and when I bought it (bout a month ago) it had a dirty big GTR badge in the from grill. All this time I didn't know I was offending all you skyline owners (and being laughed at, nobody likes that).

So point me to a decent badge retailer and I'll change it.

Tay .... nah its not ao much the GTR kit people get worked up about ..... as me and 70% of SAUWA have GTR bodykits ..... its more the inappopriate use of the GTR badge on something that is not a GTR ..... its not respektful!

you can get nismo badges from most ricey shops ...... try the one upstairs in Carillion Arcade opposite "Nerd world" or Gamesworld as its really called.

"Disrespectful to the GTR legend" is just bovine excretia!

If you wanna stick badges on your car claiming it's a Ferrari - go for it. But if your car ain't a Ferrari, don't expect too many people to go "Wow, that's cool".

I have always gone by the view that, no matter what car I have had, I won't try and dress it up to look like something it isn't. If it turns you on, then fine. But it's not me. However, I don't try to impose my values on you. If I see your Ford Festiva with a Ferrari badge on it, I will piss myself laughing. But if you like it. Do it.

My first car was a Mini Countryman (the wagon without the wood!). I bought myself a genuine Cooper S badge, but it didn't seem right to put it on the car without at least the right engine. I still have the badge, pristine and untouched, in the box. I never did get the engine!!!!!

And that was two hundred years ago ...........

Enjoy your car as YOU want it ....... and stuff everyone else ...... just be prepared for sAfrican Americans, giggles and guffaws if you don't get it right. Isn't that the lesson in life as a whole?

Cheers.

I think XSpeed has a few Nismo badges and such.

I've got to agree; GT-R bodykits are fine -- I'm getting a GT-R grill for my GTS-t ($150 from UAS), but putting badges on a car to imitate a superior product is a big no-no. Just like the Renault Clio I saw with a huge GT-R badge ;)

Well some people can hardly help it if their came from Japan with the GTR body kit on it. I doubt someones going to go out of their way to make their car look worse and change it all back to stock parts (not saying GTSt's look bad in stock trim).

However, sticking GTR's badges on it results in hilarity. Thats just asking for someone to laugh at you.

Red17

someone posted this a while ago....i think its a mustang with the GTR badge...still dont understand why....but i think they come with them??

can someone explain to me why REPREZENT has GTR badges and Silvia badges on her gts-t...?? :D

someone posted this a while ago....i think its a mustang with the GTR badge...still dont understand why....but i think they come with them??

can someone explain to me why REPREZENT has GTR badges and Silvia badges on her gts-t...?? :D

I thought that about the GTR badging when I first saw it yesterday - but if you looked closely it actually is a custom badge - not a GTR badge.. didn't notice any Silvia badging on it though - where was that one..

badge is a funny looking word after you've typed it alot.. :D