SAU Community

How To Program A Nissan Remote/key For Your Stagea

Spong

Tried this yesterday

i get to the stage where i have it on Acc, and click a button on the remote but i get nothing...

scar non??

I was going to say it sounds like the remote has a flat battery, or it isn't working, or maybe you have in incompatible remote, but I see you're sorted now.

Edited by Spong

yeah all was good, i think i may have been doing something wrong lastnite in the dark.. did it at work and all was good.

glad to have a lock button again.

FYI if your lock button doesnt work. you can close all doors on your car. press unlock (dont open any doors after this) and in a minute your car will locks and alarm on.

all up it cost me 60 bucks for a new key from yahoo japan.

• 3 months later...

ive been prowling ebay lately for a 2 button key for my s2 stagea but just cant seem to find anything that looks like the one ive got. is it the same 8 point key and remote as any other nissan model? early pathfinder? if anyone has used an other type of nissan remote and has had success i would love to know, cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

OK, I know a few people have done this so it is probably user error....but I am stuck at step 3.

Can I confirm...if I

* sit in the driver's seat

* lock the car using central locking button

* fully insert and fully remove the key, 6 times in 10 sec (don't turn to ACC, just insert and remove)

that the doors will unlock and let me continue the programming?

Hi hope that this is a better Engrish interpretation.

Step 1

Make sure all doors are closed ( this inludes boot and rear passenger doors )

Step 2

Lock all doors ( using the drivers door lock switch )

Step 3

Insert and remove keys from ignition barrel 6 times ( key must be fully inserted and removed ) within 10 seconds.

******* Doors will unlock and go into programming mode ************

Step 4

When doors unlock, insert key and select ACC within 1 second. ( if your too slow - it wont work and start all over again. ) and lock ther drivers door lock switch.

******** When i stuffed this part up - ie too slow, i start all over again by pressing the working remote key to open close doors and then start again********

Step 5a Programming 1 remote

Press any button on the remote and the doors should unlock.

Open drivers side door and programming is complete.

When I did it I had thecabin lights on and couldnt get it to work. So i sat in the carpark in the dark with no cabin lights or any electrics running etc

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah that was a fail for me. The car does not unlock at step 3.

To be fair, it is a Cube not an M35. The remote is definately the same (same part#s on circuit board) but the programming method must be different.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

YEAH It worked for me it took about 10 goes at it and you have to be real quick with the 4 step had me thinking I got a dodgy from yapoo auct any way going to locksmith tomoz to cut it and nissan dandenong on monday if nessary to code it all up let yall know how it goes and how much. Thanks for the info was very helpful and I needed a win today, Cheers

nissan dandenong on monday if nessary to code it all up let yall know how it goes and how much.

What coding? The above should sort out the remote, and the key will just work, there is no transponder in it.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...