SAU Community

I Smashed My Gtr Real Bad.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. I think of the close calls I had rallying at that age, coulda written off a few cars. Huge dropoffs and trees, but I kept going because it was racing. Hate to think of this happening on the public roads.

I used to own a coupla bicycle shops and we always kept the helmets from the pro racers we sponsored who had totalled it to convince young mums to buy a helmet for the kids when they thought it was unecessary expense.

In the army bases we used to put a coupla wrecks at the exit gate before leave started to slow the guys down.....

I just hope Denis and the other young guys start to do this in the right places. On the track so they can learn from mistakes without major consequence. The tracks are set up for offs. The roads are scary because of the hard things and gutters that are so unforgiving.

Accidents do happen though.

Christ, all that was done at 70km/hr???

Sorry to read about the accident, even sorrier that it came about by your own hand. Thankfully noone was hurt because noone needs to learn that hard a lesson...

Dont need to say anymore, im sure you realise folly of your actions, just glad to read everyone is ok, any neg driving charges etc, the police will have to become involved for insurance purposes.

MINES_DATSUN... I feel sorry for you... don't get me wrong. I've been in a similar accident (at a similar age too) and it shook the sh!t out of me, and it wasn't until I had that accident that I really realised what tool I was behind the wheel. I'm glad to say I've NEVER had an accident since then...

But just one thing mate: STAY OUT OF GT-Rs.

R33 GT-Rs (well, any GT-R) aren't made anymore... you go smashing them up, and they'll become even more rare and expensive. I know, it could happen to anyone, but you've demonstrated that you can't handle GT-Rs. On the other hand, if you'd posted up pics of a smashed Holden... ;)

Well, I gotta say... I saw this coming. ;)

Denis, I'm glad your OK and I hope you learn a valuable lesson from this.

Your attitude since joining these forums has been not only personally irritating but also extremely immature. Your accident only reinforces my feelings.

And to elaborate on what Rezz said: STAY OUT OF SKYLINES!

Wow... I never saw this coming ;)

20 Years Old, parents buy you a GTR after writing of another car ugh2.gif

And with an attitude like this:

to me really id never buy a r33 gtst. they are damn slow. GTR all the way.
man, why on earth do you drive a maxima ?

I really have no sympathy for you. Karma's a bitch isn't it?

Perhaps now you'll be lucky to drive a Maxima, but going by your parent's track record, they'll probably buy you an Enzo Ferrari now.

Do you like my new signature? :(

good that you came out 1 piece intact from the accident. consider yourself lucky that its 2am and no ones around. i cannot imagine the conseqences if this happened in the arvo when ppl are in the bus stop.

yeah... stay with the gemi.

11 years ago a mate was given a turbo porsche....he wrapped it around a telegraph pole killing his girlfriend. He was DUI and had no insurance. This totally wreaked a large amount of people as their lives were changed. The parents blamed themselves for getting the car.

MINES, it would have been a completly different story if there were 6 drunk teens at the bus stop waiting for a bus when you came around that corner.....it would be a bad headline, 20yo in GTR kills 6 while speeding.......you must consider every result before you take risks.

I am glad no one was hurt, by the looks of the wreck, one foot further foward and that big dent is where your head would be.

Live and learn......this is why we are being hasseled by the cops and our insurance is through the roof, I will not flame you for what you did as you will already feel like S..t

damn. the death of GTR is a sad day indeed.

buy a mighty 'rolla - i had one as my first car and it felt fast. Maybe do some training before getting a fast car again.

My mate has a '84 AE82 1.6 corolla for sale - 5g's ;)

**** me some of you guys must have no hearts at all. How could any of you wish he was hurt in the accident, you think that would teach him anymore of a lesson?

Like everyone else says good its good to see your ok and no1 was seriously hurt. At the end of the day a car is still just a car, theres plenty of em around. Its unfortunate things like this happen but they do.

shame about the car.

ld be interested to find out about insurance and whether they will actually pay up.

20 yr old (Ps i assume) in melb, driving a high powered car, while speeding.

Not to sound nasty, but i could see you losing your license and not getting anything from the insurance.

How could any of you wish he was hurt in the accident,

No one on this forum would wish injury on anyone else. It is more a case of hoping he learns a valuable lesson from this. As someone has already posted, the boy has been obnoxious and childish with posts, and even though it is sad that a GTR was wrecked, maybe (though i doubt) he'll learn something.

I also ****ed my first 33 at the age of 19. It wakes you up abit for about 3-4 months. Then your back to doing the same thing. Aslong as you had fun and not hurt, I say forget about it.. My only question is, did you have insurance? cos i was known as being a dickhead for paying $4900 a year for insurance.... until the dammage was 13k and paid off. Were not driving mokes here, there high powered machines, which we modify to go even faster. advice: start selling everything you can off it, and raise up what u can, im sure ull get a fair bit, then continue the quest for the next R!

I don't feel sorry for you matey. You're not hurt? Damn?! Maybe that's why you feel like you can just buy another car and go on giving it some in corners. Sure you could have killed yourself but if it was your fault then that's ok by me

No1 here wishes hed hurt himself?

Then again theres always one in every crowd, so i probably shouldnt assume you all feel the way as this clown does.

Everyone does crazy stuff.

I remember a few months back i was doing 90km on the highway in the rain, got to a corner and thought it would be a good idea to put my foot down to get a little side ways. I got hell sideways and i have no idea how i got the car strait again.

I was doing the wrong thing, but some people do things without really thinking about it and it usually happenes when your younger.

Such as life baby.

PS: I wonder how many people with skylines have broken the speed limit before?

Can i ask wtf is wrong with cops.....i get pulled over all the time for driving a GTST on my full license and this guy can get away with driving a GTR on P Plates.... oh well, lucky the car wasnt insured cos they probably wouldnt have paid you anyway.