SAU Community

I Smashed My Gtr Real Bad.

I would never drive a gtr or a high powerd car with out going to one on thoes safty courses how they teach you how to drive in wet, and so on. how did you looses control of the car ? did the car aquaplain or what happened ? i hope this thread just shows what little speed can do to a skyline or for any car in that fact.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not proud of what i did .. but what i did was real stupid.

i was in about 2nd gear redline around a tight corner. couldnt counter the steering since i am not a really experienced driver with hicas adn the attesa system so it steerd my away in the bus stop. couldnt help it with my ****ed up tyres to much wheelspin is bad

i plan to repair this car and sell it dirt cheap. thats my goal for now and just get a shit box or something.

i am not proud of what i did .. but what i did was real stupid.  

i was in about 2nd gear redline around a tight corner. couldnt counter the steering since i am not a really experienced driver with hicas adn the attesa system so it steerd my away in the bus stop. couldnt help it with my ****ed up tyres to much wheelspin is bad

i plan to repair this car and sell it dirt cheap. thats my goal for now and just get a shit box or something.

Tight corner, 2nd, redline! mmm...... No wonder you came to grief!

Sorry, Mines but life is full of lessons and I hope you learnt something from this cause you might not get the chance to next time.

MEGA

mines,

you're lucky to be alive but more importantly you didnt take out anybody that may have been sitting in that bus stop or another car on the road.

you admit that a) you're an inexperienced driver and B) you were being an idiot on a public road - i have no sympathy for you.

you can go and endanger your own life but PLEASE do it off public roads so that you dont endanger others - try to learn from this mistake with your next car hey???

i think we all need to experience a trackday of some sort to push the car like mines was doing in a safe environment. you quickly learn the limits of not only the car but yourself.

all u people who say leave it for the track, well i doubt theeir would b any of yous who hav neva been wreckless while driving, that includes drifting, chirping, burnouts:

Whats reckless??? I sure as hell havent tried drifting on the street, and dont do burnouts in my car.

I have never been in an at fault accident, never been booked for anything traffic related, a few parking tickets thats all. Im 27 and have driven from the second i was legally allowed to, usually doing around 30-40,000kms a year. And im still paying close to $3,000 a year insurance :(

Dont go blaming tyres and wheelspin, that thing between your ears and the signals its sends to your right foot is the best form of traction control.

It aint driving experience so much, its driving attitude. Driving at 10/10ths on the road is protracted suicide, there is still plenty of fun to be had at a much more relaxed pace.

Whats the bus stop worth to repair no doubt the council will want money for that ,when i worked in my local council as an electrician anyone who took out one of our traffic light poles was looking at $3/5000 costs for the pole, lanterns any cable damage and the labour for a couple of electricians to fix.

This is (after a little thought) the best thread I have ever read on these forums. I hope that after reading all of this, that everyone can decide for themselves what's right and wrong and gain some insight/opinions that will be used in positive ways.

I've only owned my GT-R for a few weeks now. It's nothing like the Alfa which I really could throw through corners. I have taken friends on board who have urged me to floor the thing and sure I have done so a few times in a straight line and only when it was clear of traffic or pedestrians, even parked cars and I've also had guys in WRX's as well as Holdens and Fords give me a look, or a few revs at the lights in an attempt to get me to race them and I am proud to say that I've ignored every single one of them to date.

GEEZ! I'm really growing up! I almost can't believe it. I was more of a hoon in the Alfa than this GT-R and it's only becuase I know that this GT-R is a lot faster than the Alfa and I have no experience with it's limits.

I am booked into a track day on March the 3rd at Eastern Creek with driving instructors as well as skid pan. Can't wait for it! Then I will know what the car feels like on the limit and out of control. Should be a fun day!

In the meantime. All the best to all of you inexperienced GT-R drivers and pedestrians at bus shelters! :(

i will thinkin about this when i pick up my new r34 gt-t

i know it aint a gtr but any car with power and lack of experience is dangerous. It will almost be a yr since i last drove my r33 and ive been driving my mums pulsar arouind since. The power diffence between the 2 is huge.

I just got off my p's.

Ive only been in one accident that wasnt my fault. But even that makes me think.

**** me some of you guys must have no hearts at all. How could any of you wish he was hurt in the accident, you think that would teach him anymore of a lesson?

Like everyone else says good its good to see your ok and no1 was seriously hurt. At the end of the day a car is still just a car, theres plenty of em around. Its unfortunate things like this happen but they do.

Maybe that's the problem, there's more of these damn cars for his parents to buy him. I'm glad you're not hurt mate, but damn, use your head, and I don't mean for an airbag. Get yourself a tamer car and spend some money on driver training. I'm with what Merli, Rezz, Justinfox and the rest of us say, stay out of the GTR until you learn your lesson. This is the second time you've totalled your car (GTR?).

It worries me that there's guys like you driving around like this at 2am in Melbourne when I go out regularly to clubs and usually dropping mates off at 2-3am when I'm on my way home. Learn your lesson quick mate, or else you'll fail your next test and wind up looking like your car. 70kph around a corner... christ that's just foolish, I don't care if you're driving a ferarri or a bloody rex, learn your lesson now or you'll learn it behind bars when you kill somebody.

Sorry to be harsh, but I'm sick of stupidity. We can beat ignorance out of you, but stupidity is not easily cured. But I thankyou for the wakeup call for when I get my next car, I'm taking a look at doing a course at Driver Dynamics and maybe one run by my local Lyons Club for young drivers.

What in the fcuk??? I didn't write that post you quoted... :(

Sure you did, one wrong click by me and it says so, something completely different to what it was meant to :confused: Sorry, ive edited the offending post :Oops:

Sure you did, one wrong click by me and it says so, something completely different to what it was meant to :confused:   Sorry, ive edited the offending post :Oops:

Thanks bud :(

MINES: Please do everyone a favour and do NOT try to repair this car. Not only will it be expensive for you to fix - I pity the purchaser who thinks they are getting a 'cheap' GTR.

Sell it for parts - the motor is still good yes? I'll take your boot-trim :(

As stated by others - let this be a lesson to all.

You're very lucky no-one was waiting for a bus. Were the police involved?