SAU Community

R34 Gt T Weight

Hi Has anyone weighed there R34 GTT Coupe,The specs say 1410 kilo's.How close is this to reality.

Hi Steve,

good question, I'd be keen on getting a definitive answer as well (for an R34 GTT sedan).

Different sources have slightly different figures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline#R34

- 1410 kg (4-door sedan / 2-door coupe)

http://www.japanesesportcars.com/skyline/s...4_ggt_turbo.php

- 1490 kg (sedan) / 1340 kg (coupe)

http://nissanskyline.6te.net/GTT_spec.htm

- 1410 kg (4 door sedan or 2 door coupe)

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/sh...tcount839233944

- 2.5 25GT Turbo coupe 1430kg (4AT), 1410kg (5MT)

- 2.5 25GT Turbo sedan 1450kg (4AT), 1430kg (5MT)

The Performance Forums numbers seem pretty good, i.e.

- base weight 1410kg for R34 GTT coupe manual

- add 20kg for automatic transmission

- add 20kg for sedan

Can anyone confirm these please?

GT coupe weighs 1340kg and the GT sedan weighs 1370kg

i think you'll find that is for the r33

and these weights are probably dry weights, so add in a tank of fuel and the car will be heavier than those figures.

Always remember when reading weights off of the internet is that you don't know whether it includes all fluids, spare wheel and accessories and what factory options it may have (sunroof, dual airbags, ABS, etc.) as all the running fluids (engine oil, gearbox oil, diff oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant etc) in the vehicle can add 20-30kg. Than a full tank of fuel can add 50-70kg, suddenly you have a car that weighs 100kg more than what is written on the internet just in fluids.

I weighed my car (R33 GTST SII) on a weigh bridge with me in the car and half a tank of fuel and it was 1500kg. So take away my weight and the half a tank of fuel and your looking at around 1400kg with all running fluids (minus fuel) for my R33. My car has ABS, dual airbags and an A-LSD so has a lot of extra weight compared to a R33 without these things. Has a few things lighter than factory items and a few things removed, but it would probably be offseted from all the modifications added to it.

Vehicle weights are hard to get accurate unless weighing the particular car as some mods save weight (carbon panels, lighter wheels, lighter exhaust) and a lot of others add weight (coilovers, speakers, intercoolers, bodykits etc). So always use what you read as a guide and think about all the variables.

I would love a database on this website with a lot of items weighed accurately so people can add/subtract things to get a better idea of weights.

Edited by PM-R33

Always remember when reading weights off of the internet is that you don't know whether it includes all fluids, spare wheel and accessories and what factory options it may have (sunroof, dual airbags, ABS, etc.) as all the running fluids (engine oil, gearbox oil, diff oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant etc) in the vehicle can add 20-30kg. Than a full tank of fuel can add 50-70kg, suddenly you have a car that weighs 100kg more than what is written on the internet just in fluids.

I weighed my car (R33 GTST SII) on a weigh bridge with me in the car and half a tank of fuel and it was 1500kg. So take away my weight and the half a tank of fuel and your looking at around 1400kg with all running fluids (minus fuel) for my R33. My car has ABS, dual airbags and an A-LSD so has a lot of extra weight compared to a R33 without these things. Has a few things lighter than factory items and a few things removed, but it would probably be offseted from all the modifications added to it.

Vehicle weights are hard to get accurate unless weighing the particular car as some mods save weight (carbon panels, lighter wheels, lighter exhaust) and a lot of others add weight (coilovers, speakers, intercoolers, bodykits etc). So always use what you read as a guide and think about all the variables.

I would love a database on this website with a lot of items weighed accurately so people can add/subtract things to get a better idea of weights.

but you will still get the problem of different scales having slightly different calibrations and margins of error.

Hmm very true. Would be a good idea though, even something with a rough value would be helpful. Entire aircon assembelies, seats, ABS, HICAS, door panels etc. Would be handy.

Edited by PM-R33

• 1 month later...

This is the weight as taken from the original Japanese owners manual converted to English. :(

2WD (Rear wheel Drive)

Vehicle Weight: RB25DET 1410kg RB25DE 1340kg RB20DE 1330kg

4WD

RB25DET 1450kg

GT-R 1540kg Curb Weight

GT-R V SPEC 1560kg Curb Weight

Hope that helps :D