SAU Community

C34 - Central Locking (with Alarm) - Driver's Door.

pyro-ns

Hi all,

Have just put an alarm in the girl's stag and everything's going fine except for one thing, the driver's side door won't unlock when you press the unlock button. The rest of the doors and the boot all unlock fine. The driver's side door still unlocks with the key, from the outside as well.

I know with s13's and the like, there is no central locking mechanism in the driver's side door from factory. I also know the chances of a door coming with an unlock function, but without a lock function, are astronomically small, but thought I'd ask anyway.

So yeah, has anyone else had anything screwy happen to their driver's side lock function? Or is something broken on mine? I guess I should be looking in the door first? Seeing as the control box is obviously working, i mean.

Cheers guys :)

josh

hey mate,

where did you tap into the wiring for the alarm? for my alarm we went straight onto the back of the circuit board in the central locking controller which is on lhs up between the glovebox and the kick panel.

there is also a central locking controller on the drivers side but this won't activate the drivers door, only the passenger doors and trunk lock.

Hey mate, I'm back in town and have reception now. Did you pic up off those points I showed you? Is it just the unlock function that won't work, or the lock as well? Only thing I can think of if you did pick up off that circuit board is, did you make sure you used a negative trigger, I think from memory my alarm had the option of both positve and negative triggers and you have to make sure you use the right one.

hey guys,

yes, i used the passenger side control box and the doors are set to negative trigger by default. and yes, just the unlock function on the driver's door only that's not working :blink:

now the damn battery is flat as well... i've done something wrong...

Edited by pyro-ns

hey guys,

yes, i used the passenger side control box and the doors are set to negative trigger by default. and yes, just the unlock function on the driver's door only that's not working :blink:

now the damn battery is flat as well... i've done something wrong...

did you have a key with the lock/unlock buttons on it, if so does it still work? try and figure out if its just a problem of your wiring, or it the keyless entry control box has been damaged.

you mean a factory key with unlock buttons? did they come from factory with keyless entry?? all i've got is the regular key, no buttons no nothing :)

i'm starting to lean towards the control box being damaged. i've noticed a bit modified wiring/repairs in the car (moreso on the driver's side), so anything could have happened :P

false alarm on the flat battery. am guessing it's from having the door (dome light) on all day. the battery was already tired to begin with (still has jap writing on it, haha). gave it a charge yesterday afternoon, took it for a drive and it kicked over again this morning.

another thing too, what did you do about the indicator control on the un/lock control box? whenever i press a button now, the indicators flash wildly, because the un/lock box is telling it to flash at the same time as the alarm :blink: can i just snip a wire or 2 off the plug to the un/lock control box?

yeah i got a key with a lock and unlock button, and a normal one. they must not have found one when yours come over. and my indicators never flashed when locking and unlocking before the alarm. those 2 wires you joined onto the circuit board, if you just tap them to ground you should be able to lock and unlock all the doors that way, just to test the module is still working fine.

Edited by QWK32

talking to a alarm company awhile ago getting a quote and they said if it didn't have factory key-less entry, for stags they usually have to install a lock actuator in the drivers side. bout a week ago was talking to a installer bout the same topic and he said that there should be one in there from factory but if it didn't have key-less entry it wont be hooked up to the rest.

as Ive said this is just secondhand info not completely sure but worth a look.

goodluck

yeah i got a key with a lock and unlock button, and a normal one. they must not have found one when yours come over. and my indicators never flashed when locking and unlocking before the alarm. those 2 wires you joined onto the circuit board, if you just tap them to ground you should be able to lock and unlock all the doors that way, just to test the module is still working fine.

i tested it when i connected the wires, but i just heard the doors going off and thought, "Great! it's working!!!" <_< and no, no central locking key for me... bastards...

talking to a alarm company awhile ago getting a quote and they said if it didn't have factory key-less entry, for stags they usually have to install a lock actuator in the drivers side. bout a week ago was talking to a installer bout the same topic and he said that there should be one in there from factory but if it didn't have key-less entry it wont be hooked up to the rest.

as Ive said this is just secondhand info not completely sure but worth a look.

goodluck

shit :domokun: ah well, at least it gives me somewhere to look i guess. i didn't spot any burn marks on the central locking setup, so i'll probably check out the driver's door first then. will be a good opportunity to size up speaker replacements if we ever decide to do that as well. cheers for the info :D

my factory one locked me out in the rain, it would open but then the alarm would sound, and i have before in another activated the immobiliser, not much fun.

so i was standing in the rain trying to trick the car, very tempted to kick the shit out of my car, but knowing its a rust bucket i didnt wanna put my foot through the door.

never used the stupid factory alarm again.

Hahahaha lol. The factory alarm was only an option Josh. Mine didn't have it. But I'm sure the keyless entry was a standard feature on the S2's, that's what the white contol box on the passenger side does. First off I'd be checking the contol boxs operation by manually grounding those cables to see if all the doors lock, remeber all the doors have to be shut for it to work. Then if you still have no joy, your drivers side lock actuator might be disconnected or faulty. Wasn't your rear auto closer disconnected for some random reason.

Did you figure out the blinker crazyness? I know that once the alarm has gone off, once you disarm, the blinkers will flash a number of times to let you know what zone had gone off. Could this be what your seeing, I had it all the time when I didymium install as I kept testing each bit I did.

Hahahaha lol. The factory alarm was only an option Josh. Mine didn't have it. But I'm sure the keyless entry was a standard feature on the S2's, that's what the white contol box on the passenger side does. First off I'd be checking the contol boxs operation by manually grounding those cables to see if all the doors lock, remeber all the doors have to be shut for it to work. Then if you still have no joy, your drivers side lock actuator might be disconnected or faulty. Wasn't your rear auto closer disconnected for some random reason.

Did you figure out the blinker crazyness? I know that once the alarm has gone off, once you disarm, the blinkers will flash a number of times to let you know what zone had gone off. Could this be what your seeing, I had it all the time when I didymium install as I kept testing each bit I did.

nah, the rear auto door's fuse had popped. i just wasn't smart enough to check the simple things first :thumbsup:

the blinker craziness is definitely the control box + the alarm sending so many signals at once. on the girl's stag, the blinkers used to flash on lock and unlock, before we put the alarm in (i think it was twice for lock and once for unlock?). so that, plus the signals that the alarm is sending, is what's giving the Gabber night club effect :thumbsup:

i've got to fix the door on the colt properly first, then i'll get back to the stag. the colt got a new aerial and headunit on the weekend. still some tidying up to do on it first. there were obviously no DIN slots in the 80's... had to cut the surround out so that the headunit would fit :S

if it didn't mean losing the central locking functionality for howver long australia post deemed, i'd gladly swap control boxes with you :D

• 2 years later...

Can anybody point me in the direction of where this central locking control box is located & what it looks like or take a photo of it please!?

On the passenger side behind the air vent. Remove the glove box to get to it. On the S2 it is a white box.