SAU Community

Honest Opinions On Xforce Exhaust Systems

There does not seem to be an exhaust only dedicated forum.

* for people who have Xforce products installed, honest opinions requested - RB26Dett preferred *

Hi there, from direct personal experience I have visited and know of the Chinese steel milled products and their stainless steel. Ordinary is an appropriate description, so too is agricultural. But to generalise could be unfair.

Is the Xforce stainless exhaust system up to the task? (longevity, thickness, pressure/temperature) for turbo'd engines.

Does it handle high temps and maintain it's strength and finish?

I am looking at a 3.5" Xforce system using twin low mount split dumps into 3.5" risers, collectors, 100 cell metallic cat. Looking for any experiences by people (btw, pockets are full with no room for p*ssing) - how long have you had it, what HP power are you flowing?

Would appreciate good and bad opinions if you have them.

not a fan of there cat converters i know they bearly pass through EPA if you have to go and on newer cars they wont pass.... my freind works for the RTA and his recommendation is Magna flow, catco and metal cat anything else is ok on older cars but just wont pass on the newer cars.

other than that my freind has a catback on his S14 and another on a 180sx and about 4 years still going no problems so far :(

Only ever heard of issues with xforce cats and emissions, never heard a problem with actual systems.

Put a full xforce including cat onto a s13 in 2005, still going. xforce rear muffler on my old NXR turbo since 2003, still going. Few other friends with similar experiences.

xforce = good value for money.

Hi there, from direct personal experience I have visited and know of the Chinese steel milled products and their stainless steel. Ordinary is an appropriate description, so too is agricultural. But to generalise could be unfair.

Well your experience must be limited.

The products coming out of China today are not what they were 5+ years ago.

There is nothing wrong with them and i would hardly call them 'ordinary', in terms of the xforce products.

Of course there are still poor examples, however overall quality from reputable dealers is fine.

There does not seem to be an exhaust only dedicated forum.

* for people who have Xforce products installed, honest opinions requested - RB26Dett preferred *

I guess your one of the guys who goes to china with a bright idea to import a product at the cheapest possible price and the chineese say "sure we can make it for that price, and give you some sweet and sour pork for free", little did they know that they didn't say the metal they would use would be mixed with so much crap it melts at exhaust temps lol. Don't worry 1000's of people have been burnt like that, the trick is to not negotiate too much or they will bend you over and you will be out of pocket.

The products coming out of China today are not what they were 5+ years ago.

There is nothing wrong with them and i would hardly call them 'ordinary', in terms of the xforce products.

Of course there are still poor examples, however overall quality from reputable dealers is fine.

there are even more shonky steel mills in china now than there were 5 years ago, the only thing that has changed is the companies that we now deal with have gained a name for themselves of being high quality (higher quality), so the manufactureres and imports start to use the better companies (and know to avoid certain dodgey companies) and end up paying alittle more for production to get a superior product.... if you get what i mean...

For the original OP I use a xforce dump/front pipe and highflow cat with fujitsubo catback.... lets just say i swapped the xforce cat for a straight pipe, the cat was bought a few years ago now so i don't know if they have gotten better since, but the dump/front pipes are doing fine, but thjere was/is installation issues with it and the holes don't line up exactly flush.... all depends on budget, if you can afford a catco or metal cat or something i'd go for that, if on a budget xforce is alright but for the price don't expect miracles.

Try not to go skimpy on the cat because your exhaust is only as good as the flow of the catalytic converter, the good cats feel the same as having no cat at all.

WTF is with that? How did you get to become president? AND 3 years in a row??? (note to self)

Ever seen 3 month old 304 stainless rust? Stick a 'made in china' label on it. As for their hot rolled structural sections, they are softer and rougher than ours, so they go up one size on design. Surface imperfections from mill process on imported Chinese structures is what I have experience with. You?

Let's stick to topic - you have one of these installed then?

What is with what? It's true. Your experience must be limited... No other way that can be said.

Good luck if you've seen bad examples, does that mean everything is bad? No.

There are a plentiful enough base of users here that run xforce exhausts, dumps etc. Day in day out. None of them reporting any issues after 3-4 years now. Some even longer.

(you know there is a search feature on this forum ye?)

10 people i know have xforce dumps... zero issues 2+ years.

I've also seen varying other products come out of China that many higher end workshops use, and honestly you would never know unless you were actually told.

You cannot pick the difference in quality under testing as results show no difference. I've seen such products used first hand in many FI setups/kits that see over 600hp daily.

there are even more shonky steel mills in china now than there were 5 years ago, the only thing that has changed is the companies that we now deal with have gained a name for themselves of being high quality (higher quality), so the manufactureres and imports start to use the better companies (and know to avoid certain dodgey companies) and end up paying alittle more for production to get a superior product.... if you get what i mean...

Yeah perhaps there might be more dodgy mills given the expansions...

At the end of the day the reputable brands are indeed as you say (and i totally agree) much better and renound for good quality.

Costs a tad more, but like all things you get what you pay for.

People that stick to well known products that have excellent results/reviews never have issues.

If the OP is seeing such poor quality - begs the question - whos rubbish are you looking at?

And that is no different anywhere else in the world really.

What is with what? It's true. Your experience must be limited... No other way that can be said.

Nismoid, has no-one given you a hug today? I don't know you from jelly beans but you appear to be a highly decorated member of this society. Golf clap to you.

My suggestion is you exercise some discretion on how freely you expouse your personal opinions. It's worth all but 2 sqaures of toilet paper to me, who you know F/A about from 5 sentences. If you wish to endear aspiring enthusiasts to respect what you have to say, maybe you'll rethink your wisdom and humility.

Or perhaps you're just bored champ.

Can probably afford all the best bling you have to offer, but am sick of funding someone elses retirement at my own expense. Hence the query to which your search engines did not provide the answer.

Have a nice day now.

Nismoid, has no-one given you a hug today? I don't know you from jelly beans but you appear to be a highly decorated member of this society. Golf clap to you.

My suggestion is you exercise some discretion on how freely you expouse your personal opinions. It's worth all but 2 sqaures of toilet paper to me, who you know F/A about from 5 sentences. If you wish to endear aspiring enthusiasts to respect what you have to say, maybe you'll rethink your wisdom and humility.

Can probably afford all the best bling you have to offer, but am sick of funding someone elses retirement at my own expense. Hence the query to which your search engines did not provide the answer.

Have a nice day now.

:(

Have a nice day now.

if u know so much and everyone on here is wrong why the f*k are asking for peoples opinions.

there's so many fkn exhaust threads in this part of the forum its bloody annoying.

a 3inch mandrel bent exhaust is going to flow the same as any other 3inch mandrel bent system there might be a 0.1% difference or something.

stainless steel is stainless steel mild steel is bloody mild steel. yes some china brands lack quality and yes some are proven to be alrite.

if u wanna go cheap then buy china if u wanna spend more then by a jap brand.

and if u drive an r34 nur and think xforce lacks quality why would you even consider it? try and save a few hundred $ ?

Hi,

I have 'Xforce' dumps, haven't had any issues to report, this is on a rb26 in a R32 GT-R making approximately 330RWKW.

As for quality, my general understanding and that which is shared with others i know who use their products is that for chinese manufactured products they are quite good and offer good value for money.

I don't really think there is any need for people to have a go at one another, this is a car forum there are always differences in opinion, hope this helps :)

Cheers.

if u know so much and everyone on here is wrong why the f*k are asking for peoples opinions.

there's so many fkn exhaust threads in this part of the forum its bloody annoying.

a 3inch mandrel bent exhaust is going to flow the same as any other 3inch mandrel bent system there might be a 0.1% difference or something.

stainless steel is stainless steel mild steel is bloody mild steel. yes some china brands lack quality and yes some are proven to be alrite.

if u wanna go cheap then buy china if u wanna spend more then by a jap brand.

and if u drive an r34 nur and think xforce lacks quality why would you even consider it? try and save a few hundred $ ?

You and a few others here seem to be taking it abit personal, what is more important than steel quality is the angles of the welds and if the holes line up to the turbo.

My Xforce dump works fine, but out of 4 bolts and 2 nutts i can only get 3 bolts and 1 nutt to fit the dump/front pipe to the turbo, been like this for a few years now with no leaks, however it was a massive pain to get it on, and i installed it with 2 different say blokes one of which was the NSW president at the time who has worked allot on his own car and the other guy has just finnished turning his into a fully prepped race car. I know what needs to be done, it involves drilling another hole to line up with the turbo properly and quite allot of shaving of the pipe on one side is needed to get the nutt on the side of it. can not use different sized nutts or a bolt to make it fit. And if i shave the metal down i'm not sure if i'll have to shave too far down that it makes a hole in the wall of the dump. So i decided to leave as is and hope it doesn't leak. For now as its not a highly tuned car alittle bit of overlap petween the faceplate and the turbo exhaust hole isn't much of an issue, instead of 3inch of exhasut gasses being pushed through at a time the connection between the turbo and dump is probably equivalent to a 2.9inch dump instead of 3inch, but it doesn't make any noticeable power difference and i dont think it makes much difference to when the turbo spools. but if i wanted over 300rwkw i'd definately be changing it to a pipe that fits 100% flush with the turbo exit hole.

The metal is abit off topic and that only gives it a different sound and makes it look pretty (before it gets used and turns ugly colours anyway). As you said a 3inch hole is just as good as the next 3inch hole. But if you buy cheap and the face plates don't mach properly like my xforce one and there is no way to get all the bolts on, then your risking having to fiddle around with it down the track.

You and a few others here seem to be taking it abit personal, what is more important than steel quality is the angles of the welds and if the holes line up to the turbo.

My Xforce dump works fine, but out of 4 bolts and 2 nutts i can only get 3 bolts and 1 nutt to fit the dump/front pipe to the turbo, been like this for a few years now with no leaks, however it was a massive pain to get it on, and i installed it with 2 different say blokes one of which was the NSW president at the time who has worked allot on his own car and the other guy has just finnished turning his into a fully prepped race car. I know what needs to be done, it involves drilling another hole to line up with the turbo properly and quite allot of shaving of the pipe on one side is needed to get the nutt on the side of it. can not use different sized nutts or a bolt to make it fit. And if i shave the metal down i'm not sure if i'll have to shave too far down that it makes a hole in the wall of the dump. So i decided to leave as is and hope it doesn't leak. For now as its not a highly tuned car alittle bit of overlap petween the faceplate and the turbo exhaust hole isn't much of an issue, instead of 3inch of exhasut gasses being pushed through at a time the connection between the turbo and dump is probably equivalent to a 2.9inch dump instead of 3inch, but it doesn't make any noticeable power difference and i dont think it makes much difference to when the turbo spools. but if i wanted over 300rwkw i'd definately be changing it to a pipe that fits 100% flush with the turbo exit hole.

The metal is abit off topic and that only gives it a different sound and makes it look pretty (before it gets used and turns ugly colours anyway). As you said a 3inch hole is just as good as the next 3inch hole. But if you buy cheap and the face plates don't mach properly like my xforce one and there is no way to get all the bolts on, then your risking having to fiddle around with it down the track.

X-Force dumps line up fine on the GTR turbos and I was able to get all 5 nuts onto the 5 studs. So they fit up fine. I put mine on late last year.

My brother runs a full X Force System on his GTR with no problems. Still running a stock tune at the moment though. I haven't heard on any problems with the system.

I had a xforce exhaust on my sil180. I replaced the its cat with a Meta cat (200 cell?) and it made 282rwkws fine. Every thing fitted ok.

The only thing bad is its too loud (none varix) if that was for road use. I drove it from NSWs to Melbourne, It made my ears ring bells for the whole evening. Got pulled over and EPAed, that cop said I was heard from 500 meters away lol. I've installed a HKS silent power cat back after that. It was lot quieter (like 5 times not exaggerating.)

Thanks to all those that managed to stay on topic and provide some info regarding the Xforce product.

The original query concerned Xforce - Does it handle high temps and maintain it's strength and finish?

Not HKS, APEXI or custom mandrel bent anything else.

For the 18 year old apprentice already with 100 years experience stating the obvious, keep trying ... you'll be a president before you're 21.

If I knew everything, this would be the last place I'd be to waste everyones time, even yours precious.

In the end if you comparing exhuasts between each other first is the flow issue and like said most will give more or less the same flow the only difference would be say if a cheap exhust is much quieter than its probably used poor mufflers that restrict the flow in order to get less sound rather than say a jap exhuast where you will still get less sound but good flow, the second issue is the quality of the welds on it. You will get a few years from exhuasts no question about that but the ones with dodgier looking welds will tend to break eventually like the hooks ect but as I said even with that it will take a while.

From my experience when I bought my car it had some catback exhuast no name so couldnt identify but the welds did seem poor but it looked quite old and eventually hooks broke making holes ect, with regards to flow was fine and now with my new kaki regu 06 exhuast the quality on the make of it is much better as you should expect. But the bottom line something like a xforce is decent it will last you years, the only difference may be from a jap brand like I said the finish is not as good but end of the day it will get the job done for those who want to save a few hundred.