SAU Community

My Skyline - Stolen!!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew!!! good to see you go your car back! and in one piece!

Who would you willingly hand your keys to?! friends you trust! if it gets stolen from where they've parked it, then theres not alot you can do! You'd just hope you friend takes care of your car as well as you would....and not park it in dodgy areas....

Still - "handing over the keys" could be a serious loophole..

For all those people on the forums who take care of their pride and joy, you still hand over your keys to people...

Examples are...

Mechanic - including tyre fitting outfit, security system install, normal service and stereo installs..

Valet parking attendant (greater security than public parking ??)

possibly a friend, maybe if you had too much to drink to drive home

If Famous are going to refuse to pay on the above situations, thats a bit harsh...

i can understand giving the keys to a friend that treated the car like shit or was borrowing the car for more than a few hours...

Guys its obvious why we get such a good price from FAMOUS. If you fully read over the contract u will see numerous "loop holes".... Basically if you dont drive your car much, and its mainly parked at your house, then FAMOUS will be a very good option. BUT if your always parking it anywhere and lending your car to your g/f, parents, or friends, then sorry FAMOUS wouldnt be a great idea...

my 2 cents anyway..

Goods news on getting your car back!

Was forced entry used to gain access to the car or were the keys used? If forced entry then it shouldn't matter who was holding the keys - its a theft like if you were parked at safeway - watch famous as they use an offshore insurer to underwrite their policy. these underwriting agencies come and go pretty often - they have no long term prospects and are not lookin at their good will reputation. BTY has anyone made a successful total loss claim against Famous yet - in the end you get what you pay for.

I GOT MY CAR BACK  

Also in regards to Famous, they had refused to pay me out because i had willingly given my car keys to some one else. The car was not stolen from home.

will answer any questions.

thank you all

Congrats Harun.

Some questions:

Does the car feel dirty in anyway, the feeling that someone unwanted has been it?

Are you going to stay with Famous after this?

i raced a d car and he pulled me over and said what are you doing mate?I felt like a dick cos it was so obvious i just hadnt seen him sitting next to me and we both took of fast so when i saw a car trying to sit next to me i gave it more and blitzed him then i saw him pull behind and turn on blue light.He said....Mate are you serious ,I said ....mate i didnt even realize you were a copper and i am in a hurry to get home as i have finished my apprentiship and wanna get pissed ,he thought this was so bizzare that he told me to go home and congratulations ,he then said mate i am in the juvinile aid division and cant be bothered with paper work and said slow down and go home

Good work. Congrats on getting the car back unharmed.

Interesting that they couldnt boost it due to the EBC. I should set my idle/revlimit to 100rpm on the PowerFC every time I park my car somewhere I dont trust.

Take the controller with me and see someone try and drive that somewhere.

Interesting that they couldnt boost it due to the EBC. I should set my idle/revlimit to 100rpm on the PowerFC every time I park my car somewhere I dont trust.

Now that is a GOOD idea.

The Wolf3D supports this but in a better form. You can set a rev limit AND your can put a pin number in so you can't change settings without knowing this. Coll feature imho.

The lowest it can go is 500rpm. And it doesn't idle at that. Call me paranoid....

happy ending, apart from the fact that the guy still has his kneecaps i spose...

although i hope he goes to jail as he will be on his knees enough he will need them... :D

I hate people that dont respect other people's sh!t...

Do some work and buy your fkin own car!!

Just for the hassle of it i hope the person you gave your keys to didnt have anything to do with the car being stolen... if he did then we will all think twice before handing our keys over to anyone...!

Guys its obvious why we get such a good price from FAMOUS. If you fully read over the contract u will see numerous "loop holes".... Basically if you dont drive your car much, and its mainly parked at your house, then FAMOUS will be a very good option. BUT if your always parking it anywhere and lending your car to your g/f, parents, or friends, then sorry FAMOUS wouldnt be a great idea...

my 2 cents anyway..

Tell me Mack - who is the insurance company insuring exactly? YOU, or your sister/mum/cousin/friend? :slap:

Maybe you should be a little more specific when making statements such as the above before making such claims about Famous.