SAU Community

Recommend any Car Detailer / Polish services??

N/A®

Need to get my whole car back to showroon condition again. I have been quoted $125 for cut and polish and extra $60 for preparing the paint (cleans the yellow stains / oxydation.. etc) This was from Spotless Car Detailers - city.

Can anyone recommend someone good? Need to get the car surface like brand new again. Any previous experience? This is for a white car. :)

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
I had my car detailed by Advanced Auto Finesse when I first got it. Was very happy with it :D They are in the City Dismantlers Complex (8260 2253).  

Can't remember how much he charges but I know his prices are reasonable.

Can anyone recommend any other places?

The 32 is a bit "swirly" and "water spotted" for my liking, and I'll be f@rked if I'm slaving over, plus i have a pretty sh!t track record with polishing, etc. :Oops:

I'll let u in on a secret.....

left hand wax on, right hand wax off :D Joel does a mean job too :D

Sure thing Mr Miagi! :(

I just can't be bothered even if it's gonna cost me a couple of hundred.

I'll detail your car for $200...seriously....pm me if you want.

I'll degrease your engine bay, wash the car / door jams, and polish it for ya....

pm me if you like :D

No offence but I'd rather go with a business, I'm sure you understand, plus it really needs something in a way of a "restore", certainly more than a wash / polish.

Simple mate, go to Finishline, ask for Les Kabbaz, professional detailers, been doing it for 6 years , they detail all the car yards and have their own sites around adelaide, tell les Damian worthy told you to call him and he will look after your line.

His mobile number is 0417858637

Come and see me.

I run a Business called Lonsdale Car Detailers, obviously in lonsdale, S.A.

0421 819 129, My name is Steve.

Plenty of practice Polishing cars, My car is black, Dark colours are the hardest to get looking good, they show everything.

Included for the price is a Wash, Wheels & Arches, Interior Vacuum, Full machine cut, and Hand polish/wax, and Windows Cleaned.

Is not a full detail, but will leave the car looking like new. (skylines are generally well kept, you dont need to fully detail them :( )

Will do it for a very competitive price, and you will be impressed with the job.

Give me a call,

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Doing it yourself can some times be the worse thing you can do.

I attempted to give my VS a light cut and polish, I ruined a part of the paint work.

I learn from my mistakes. lol

A decent polish and some elbow grease will do wonders. Anything more, get a professional to do the job.

I'll never trust anyone else to polish my car. - (I wash and clean it at least twice a week - if you keep it clean the paint wont deteriorate as quick so its an easy job)

It takes me at least 2 days if the car needs a full detail.

I would avoid using a buff if you can help it. A light hand cut with a pad and T-Cut on the worst bits, Maguiars Quick Clay, then micromesh 3 times, then a good quality polish (again I prefer Meguiars but there are a few others). If you do a good job there will be NO swirl marks of any kind (from any angle or in any light)

You should be able to do the exterior in a day, but its another day to do the fiddly bits inside the boot, bonnet and doors. Remember the put in on stands, remove the wheels, clean and polish the rims, clean under the guards, treat the plastic and polish the painted surfaces (shocks, springs suspension arms etc.) and give the exhaust a good clean with Autosol or Mothers metal polish).

All clean, now get it inside because the rain is coming.

I'd say $200 is a good price if the work is up to this standard.

PS: DONT let Nightcrawler do your car - he knows why :-)

I'm not "so concerned", but if i'm going to hand over cash I'd rather have someone who has a business and repeat customers to worry about do it, I have a little more recourse with them than with some random person i met on the forums. Altho I'm sure they'd do a fine job too.

Like Cubes my previous cut & polish experiences doing it myself have been less than great, and unlike 4Door_Sleeper i cannot be F*cked doing it myself, so I'd rather pay for it.

Thanks for the additional suggestions of palces and ball-park figures to pay for it people! :)