SAU Community

Respray

MADGT4

Who is a good business that does an excellent job on a full respray in a differnet colour?

and how much would i be looking at obviously depending on colour but nothing out there just a stock nissan colour

Des Higgins, and another guy a few shops down thr road from him, both are in the industrial estate opposite Parafield Airport (Kings Rd Enterance).

The cost will be around $10,000 and will take a few months to complete, but you will have a paint job that is potentially as good as any of the best in the car shows. There are many cheaper options, but a REALLY good job will reqire the car to be completely stripped of all paint, clean and prep the metal and then start straightening panels and applying finishing paint.

Good quality paint also costs more than some of the cheaper options, but is much harder and gives depth and gloss off of the gun, and requires less pollishing (cutting) as it copes better with light wear and tear.

a $10 000 paint job will probably not involve the removel of all panels from the car, the complete removal of ALL paint, and the better preperation.

In the end the paint job is only as good as the surface its sprayed onto. If the old paint starts to lift/craze etc underneith your new paint job it will also ruin the surface on the new paint. (Quite often this will not show through for a year or 2).

Your car can look very good with a $4000 paint job and may win some country Show and Shine awards, but it won't cut it when you compete against the big guys (and girls) an an Autosalon etc.

It depends on what you want for your car. If you are going to show it at the big shows and u want a chance of winning you will have to pay more, but if you are happy with a car that will turn heads and look great you may be able to spend a lot less.

(Perhaps you could compair it with purchasing an exhaust, you can choose from a full titanium system, down to a workshop made 3 inch system - all of them may be good, but one is a lot better than others (for some applications) and the prices will vary accordingly.)

I had my Gem painted by G & E crash at lonsdale. It was a very high quality job (It did cost close to $5000 though). Painting a car is a very expensive job, if you want it done properly you have to pay for it. But $10000 sounds a bit much.

Yeah it does i mean i want a decent job but i mean i ain't gonna go up against auto salon ppl

i just want something that will turn heads and look good thats all i guess i MIGHT be willing to pay up to $5000 wot colour did u get it painted by the way?

the gemi that is?

I wouldnt bother paying 10K if u are ever going to drive it.

The difference would be that for a 10K paint job the car would be metal finished meaning no bog what so ever (not that theres anything wrong with it)

I had my bluebird resprayed for 3500 and its pretty good job.

Yeah it does i mean i want a decent job but i mean i ain't gonna go up against auto salon ppl

i just want something that will turn heads and look good thats all i guess i MIGHT be willing to pay up to $5000 wot colour did u get it painted by the way?

the gemi that is?

It is a dark metallic blue. Its a ford colour off the XR6/8. The colour code is GY.

This was a bare metal 2pak respray including engine bay. A lot of work was involved.

I tried to upload a pic but it wouldnt let me.

i had my car done at Edwardstown body repairs, at Melrose Park. Anyone who has seen the car up close can vouch for its quality!!

These guys pay particular attention to detail that even i didnt expect. They painted bits under trim and bumpers that you'd never see, so i imagine that if you dont require that level of detail that they might do it cheaper.

i believe a full colour change to be somewhere around 6grand? (dont quote me!) And this is show quality.

Speak to head honcho Romeo for what he can do, he's a top guy. 8277 8887.

Also the painter there has over 31 years of experience.