SAU Community

Wolf 3d or apexi power fc

snake

Tim did mention a while back that the new Microtec 'may' have closed loop and a few other goodies.

May have to look in to it again.

Closed Loop is what was holding my self back from the Microtec. I can't remember does the Microtec have 6 coil drivers & 6 injector drivers? Maybe thats some of the new features. :devil:

LT16 has closed loop as far as you know hey, very interesting.......hmmmmm. Might have to do a bit of research on this LT16, Yeah i figured tuning would be around that mark, thanks mate, much appreciated.

Hi, I'm new on this scene, but i was on the cruise on Sunday.

I'd probably suggest to stick with the Power FC and get Tim at RPM to tune it. They only charge $400 to fit and tune and he seems to know quite a lot with the R33. Tim is also the seller of the microtech ECU's now so he can compare them to what suits you.

I have a few mates that have had Power FC's put in at places other than RPM and have had nothing but problems. Two people had there cars running that lean that they couldn't drive it properly until it was retuned and another guy had his knocking at high revs due to the degrees in the mid range being completley off. All three of them went to Tim after that to get them retuned and came out with smiles ear to ear!!

Power FC sounds like the tried and proven way each time the ecu argument arises.........

why don't u be the "guinea pig" and get the wolf installed. Never know, might end up with a great ECU :devil:

Surely if the Wolf is installed correctly, and u have a base map it cant be that hard to "trim the edges". Have u spoken to any customers of MRE to find out if any have had problems with the Wolf??

Got my car back today. Im very happy with the results! Using same boost (13psi) i made about 20rwkws in mid range at many points and a main gain of 10rwkws. And this is all in non-shootout mode. So my car is now makin 194rwkw non-shootout.

Still to come is Adjustable Cam gear, and more boost :)

Check Forced induction forum for total results.

Yeah i suppose i could bl4ck32, i am keen and do like the features of the wolf and if it worked maybe other people would go that direction, was actually hoping that someone on this forum may have had some experience with mre but obviously not, i dont know anyone else that has.